circles?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

victor15065
Wanderer

circles?

Unread post by victor15065 »

Has anyone made circles from PF for BTS that are useable for there campaign
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: circles?

Unread post by Natasha »

I have played a Diabolist in BtS but not a Summoner.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: circles?

Unread post by eliakon »

I have found that specific circles work great.
So instead of a generic 'circle against all spirits' I have had a specific "Ward proof the lonely maiden" (A circle of protection against Beautiful Ghosts) I had a circle 'Proof fully against ye hounds of hell that none may cross it to thine dwelling" (A CoP: Hell Hound....which has a component that it must be drawn around a building.....while a human sleeps inside that building) the result was that the group could get access to magic to deal with that threat....but it was really really hard for their wanna be Merlin to get enough lore to be more than....conditionally useful.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”