What did you think of the "Brulyx" adventure in the Rifter?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

What did you think of the "Brulyx" adventure in the Rifter?

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Now that its been out for a few weeks now, I'd like to ask your thought about the "Brulyx?" adventure in the Rifter #68?

Did you enjoy it? Would you be interested in more adventures written for BTS in the methods and ways I wrote it?

I'm asking as I'm considering writing more of them, but I'd like to get a gauge on if they're wanted or not.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: What did you think of the "Brulyx" adventure in the Rift

Unread post by eliakon »

I liked it, a lot. It was very nice to see something for the BTS style world, PLUS it gives me a use for the DR books that I have (I don't play zombie games...but this would be a good exception).
I would LOVE to see more of this sort of thing (Especially BTS/SF, and BTS/ATB)
This was quite possibly, for me, the highlight of the Issue
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I agree with eliakon. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the adventure and I look forward to running players through it at some point. The notes on how certain powers, abilities or skills would react or be useful in many of the situations was a welcome detail. I would be very interested in further adventures.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Mr. L! I didn't know you had one in that. I will have to order a copy now! I'm looking forward to reading your adventure and maybe running a group through it!

Gallahan
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Have not had a chance to see this yet, but I do recall some of the earlier Rifter material introducing the Dead Reign content before the book came out. Assuming possibly some of the same demons. A "some zombies but not a world of them" approach is good.

You can never have too many zombie variants to keep things interesting. There's the Rifts version, the HU version with SNPS, the Nightbane temporary version, the Shadows of Light version made by Strigoi, the ones made by that canon OCC in... was it Rifter 50? same as what had the Gardener for Splicers...
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”