What is your bts like?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

What is your bts like?

Unread post by Thom001 »

I haven't played this game yet but I was curious as to how you guys prefer to play this game? What I mean is do you prefer to play as a group of super monster hunters out to rid the world of supernatural evil? Do you play as the ordinary Joe mechanic that gets sucked into the unknown world that lives beneath the surface. Do you prefer to be the guys always trying to prove the truth is out there? Or is it that you are trying to prove that there isn't anything out there that can't be explained? Maybe you play the game some other way?
Jasper
Explorer

Re: What is your bts like?

Unread post by Jasper »

My BtS started with the players being relatively innocent to the supernatural. One was a hacker who had no idea at all while the other was a football player on scholarship with TK. He knew he could make the ball move the way he wanted and start fires but didn't know anything else. They started at a university where they were contacted by an NPC group who was into exploring the supernatural. Of course the university grounds had a ley line point in the research forest and an evil(ish) cult among the faculty/students. Things went from there. A lot of monster of the week at first but I introduced the Sigma Project (see 1rst edition book) and the monster outbreak there. The players stopped it but later on were framed for causing the outbreak in the first place by the evil Prof. Tomblin(again, 1rst edition book) and they've been on the run. Since then they still try to stop monsters, free their captured members (accomplished now), avoid capture, investigate more weirdness and clear their names. We haven't played for years and my last player got married and has kids now. We did switch to 2nd edition when it came out but if we ever play again it won't be until after the missing books come out.
Aku-Arkaine
Wanderer

Unread post by Aku-Arkaine »

Most of mt BTS games have started out as quests to recover different artifacts. One of these involved searching for the seven cities of gold and securing the pieces of a dimensional gate that would have turned the world into another Rifts Earth. Their primary enemy was a goqua that they had intendedly freed from a prison that had contained him since 8000 BC.

Another game revolved around the party recovering a set of magic crystals from the time of Hyperborea and Atlantis. This was set in a BTS that was the preceding time to NB. They worked for an antiques dealer in Hong Kong who turned out to be a Night Priest. With the crystals he would have been able to bring about Dark Day. He collected the players through a variety of favors he was owed or could provide. One was Czechs Psi-tech who bought his fathers freedom from the Gulag because of his support of the U.S.S.R. Another was a model disfigured in a fire, now a P.I. Then there was a nun demon hunter, and a mafia assassin. They were a very eclectic group, their earliest challenge turning out to be that they didn't speak a common language (and they spoke 22 languages between all of them).

Both of those campaigns lasted 2 to 3 years and were great fun. Skipping the monster hunting and going for heavy role-playing/skill use is seems to be tailor made for BTS.
Sir Orin Neville Smythe: Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell -- The Flight of the Dragons
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I like a mix team of young people just discovering the Supernatural and older vets.
Like a Latent Psychic and a Physical psychic who tap into the psionic powers when ther in danger,ther come a cross over something supernatural and meet Ghost Hunter,they end up following him not only out to the danger,but to also to learn about ther abilities.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I could go into details here, but you can learn all about how my games go by checking out my BTS fan site: houseofbts.net

Click on the image below to check it out, and have fun! :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”