Hi

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tanya Starling
D-Bee

Hi

Unread post by Tanya Starling »

I was wondering if this site is connected to the Lazlo Society game site?
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Hi

Unread post by Rimdall »

I believe it is to some extent, in that people here will often post about plot ideas and characters for the Lazlo site here.
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

Hey there Illandra. Glad to see you could join the site. You would have had a better chance of starting something when the site first opened 2005 - 2007 were the golden years. All the originals have long since left, so it just isn't the same anymore. So if you want to start something for the site Ill, you should discuss it here or on the facebook page. Also as a heads up, alot of the guys who use the site prefer the straight up cannon material of Palladium, so our stuff that we use though somewhat compatible, may not be known by everyone here.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Tanya Starling
D-Bee

Thanks for looking out for me Ben. I wish you would have mentioned this site sooner. I always wondered where you got your characters and stories from. Do you really think though that it matters all that much we use our own stuff as opposed to the straight Palladium cannon material. I ask because I wouldn't want to get shouldered by sticklers for that sought of thing.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

If it fits the theme of BtS there probably won't be much of an issue.

Superman wouldn't work for instance.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Natasha wrote:If it fits the theme of BtS there probably won't be much of an issue.

Superman wouldn't work for instance.

I don't know, maybe you could have an alien hero who's existence is kept secret by the Men in Black and pursued by rag reporters. I'm not recommending it due to power issues but some pretty outlandish concepts can work in the BtS world if you want.

As for character builds it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for story writing, then as long as everyone agrees to what's going on in the story then it's good to go. If you're looking for a gaming experience then stats are a little more important and again, they have to be agreed to.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

I agree with you Natasha. Back in the day to many people were using inappropriate characters and it caused alot of issues. Maybe you should just stick with what you know Ill, keep it simple, and you should be just fine. Our material is straight up horror and is more than compatible. Don't overplay the fact that Tanya is a succubus, and if you have any questions just ask me or someone else like Natasha or Alek seeing that we have been through this before. :D

PS: Where are you going with with Tanya/Skeptic thing Ill? Definitely peeked my interest.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Tanya Starling
D-Bee

What can I say Ben, Tanya is being Tanya. lolz. But I will take your advise into consideration; and perhaps you can help me tweek Tanya for the Lazlo site when we get together Thursday.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”