Strange question from yours truly.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Strange question from yours truly.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Has anyone ever thought to do up a thread that has links to various Archaeology and scientific articles for GM's to use in their games? I ask this due to the fact that BtS is a game that relies on science (whether it be true science or the Paranormal).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Strange question from yours truly.

Unread post by auyl »

Not a bad idea, the House of BTS has some links on it for more Paranormal sides of things. Links to actual archaeology sites would be neat since sometimes truth is stranger than fiction and there's lots in the past that can get the imagination turning for BTS campaigns.
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Personally, I'm a fan of stuffing in RL pseudoscience from a number of books I have. Erich von Daniken's considerable bibliography is a favourite source for me; I have about a dozen of his books and they're a blast to read, whether or not the contents are factual or not. (I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about his 'astronaut gods'; what I like the most is the creativity he puts into how he explains himself and them.)

A body can also draw parascientific details from scientific texts dating just a few hundred years ago (some available on archive.org or otherwise in Public Domain) or less that have long been abandoned as being fact (or not having been proven one way or the other prior to fading into the past) but were composed in such a way that appeals to a person's imagination.

-Boe.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

auyl wrote:Not a bad idea, the House of BTS has some links on it for more Paranormal sides of things. Links to actual archaeology sites would be neat since sometimes truth is stranger than fiction and there's lots in the past that can get the imagination turning for BTS campaigns.

Thanx for bringing up the House Anthony. :)

If and when I do come across sites that are BTS friendly/worthy I do add them to the links page. Since you've started a thread about this subject, if any one brings up a good site and posts it here, I'll add it to the house. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I'll start the posting craze with a favorite site of mine: Cult of Weird
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

How about www.egyptology.com? There's a scientific section and a more mystical one.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”