Friend or Foe

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trent
Explorer

Friend or Foe

Unread post by Trent »

For Tome Grotesque , how about some supernatural allies , guardians and protectors ? Not all people are good . Why would all the supernatural be bad . Any ideas ? One idea is living and hidden towns or concealed land . Larger inside than outside . Like a living astral domain with its own defenses except on earth .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Friend or Foe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Trent wrote:For Tome Grotesque , how about some supernatural allies , guardians and protectors ? Not all people are good . Why would all the supernatural be bad . Any ideas ? One idea is living and hidden towns or concealed land . Larger inside than outside . Like a living astral domain with its own defenses except on earth .

I've talked to Kevin a bit about this, and there will be supernatural "allies", but they will most likely require "swearing of allegiances" or bonding (such as how witches work) or something like that. For example, a spirit guide is benevolent to the Psychic Medium (who provides them with their talents), but they have to be basically be bonded together to work.

Benevolent supernatural creatures should be rare in this kind of setting, and as 'weak' as human-kind is in this world, I wouldn't expect the supernatural to align themselves with us without getting something in return for it. The Dar'ota, the Dybbuk, the Devil Ghost, the Skin Thief, Haunting Entities, Deevils, and Brawling Joe's have all been allies to my players at some point in my game, but my players have learned to never fully trust them. That's much more fun to me than having protectors and guardian types working directly beside them, much less with them.

That being said, guardian angel types and those that might indirectly help them might be mildly interesting at times.

Note: I am vehemently against being able to play anything but humans in BtS; there are a million games out there that let you play other creatures, but that just wouldn't work a game like BtS. Supernatural creatures are flawed creatures that prey on humanity in a variety of ways from the shadows, and I love that.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Was hoping for something like a supernatural entity that is sick of those annoying gun carrying , bass blasting supernatural red necks next door . "YA if you could help me get them out of the astral neighborhood and move on I'd be eternally grateful" . (Its not like the supernatural can call the cops on each other) .
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Yes . One thing i love about BtS is the subtleness . Like the good old horror classics that build in suspense instead of the hack n slash or shoot every thing in site stuff . But in a side campaign I created ley line and nexus enhance HUMANS who spent a great amount of their childhood liveing on or very near ley lines and nexus and as a result they have a small but effective boost in psychic potential and sensitivity to the supernatural . Again the boost is very subtle but effective while leaving plenty of room for a challenge against the supernatural . as the ley lines grow in power in their cycle their numbers are growing and "tribes" are starting to form . Other humans tend to sense somthing odd about them and usually treat them poorly . They have always been here but their numbers are governed by the leylines and their cycles . A secret society has existed in one form or another since atleast early dark ages to police their own . these line enhanced people are also usually plagued by supernatural experiences as they tend to stand out to such forces and many have had no choice but to learn to fight it . We arnt talking superhumans by any means . Just a little boost that balances itself . The usual PCCs are open to them . Hay with all these lines of power and places of power there has to be a few who have grew up within their area of influence . And a few of them are bound to be born with psychic potential . Some fight the good fight while others align with the forces of evil to gain power and influence . The campagin centers around the idea that at places ley lines and major nexus points create triangles (or other geometric shapes in a confined area) causeing certain areas to have great levels of supernatural events and influences . As often as not they are small towns and even state/national parks . Small teams of people includeing line enhanced who likely grew up in the area now act as paranormal police with more than enough adventure in their own back yards . (geez i ramble on !)
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well Not all Supernatural Evil beings like each look at Palladium fantasy,s Demons of Hades and Deevils of Dyval,hate each other and will wokr to undermine each other influence above all esle.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”