PSI TALENTS

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trent
Explorer

PSI TALENTS

Unread post by Trent »

In nightbane there are sorcerous proficiencies and limitations . Why not psionic proficiencies and limitations ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: PSI TALENTS

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I dont understand the question, but I haven't played Nightbane in awhile. Can you elaborate on what you mean by sorcerous proficiencies and limitations?

As far as I'm concerned, there are lots of limitations in BtS when it comes to psychics. But I dont know if that's what your asking here.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: PSI TALENTS

Unread post by Natasha »

They are special abilities and limitations that are intended to allow players more customisation of their mages.

It kind of occurs with latent psionics and to an extent all of the different psionic classes.
Antimony
D-Bee

For Nightbane or Beyond the Supernatural?

Unread post by Antimony »

Trent wrote:In nightbane there are sorcerous proficiencies and limitations . Why not psionic proficiencies and limitations ?

Do you mean psionic proficiency and limitations for BtS-2? I think, in a sense, BtS already has them:

Psychic Sensitive is very in tune with the "flow" of the world around her and the feel (taste?) of her surroundings. However, ask her to telekinetically move even a splinter of wood, and she's likely to burst a blood vessel, first. And so on for each class.

In my opinion, their I.S.P. reserves are too "low" to specialize in anything.

Although, I suppose, the Ghost Hunter could become proficient in hunting ghouls if she's hunting them every full moon, and the Physical Psychic might become extremely fast and skilled in levitating a rope when called for . . .

My thoughts, anyway.
:rose:

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”