Black-Eyed Children

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Black-Eyed Children

Unread post by Lord Z »

Black-Eyed Children have become a very popular urban legends in recent years. The Black-Eyed Children (sometimes called Black-Eyed People, Black-Eyed Kids, BEKs, or BECs) are reported to approach victims at the front doors and ask to be allowed inside. These children are distinctive due to their solid black eyes, so they look sort of like Spooky in the horror novel, The Spooky Chronicles by Kevin Ransom. Anyway, over the past few years, more and more anecdotal stories of these stories have shown up on the web. Snopes even did an article about the stories. (http://cdn.optmd.com/V2/44508/50487/ind ... ckeyed.asp)

I heard two stories this week about Black-Eyed Kids. They played in back to back episodes of Jim Harold's Campfire, Episodes 151 & 152. (http://jimharold.com/jim-harolds-campfi ... pfire-151/) I remember hearing an earlier story Jim's other show last year, and here it is. (http://jimharold.com/the-paranormal-pod ... cast-feed/)

By the way, if you do a websearch, lose the hyphen. I like hyphens, but no one else uses them in this phrase.

Despite popularity, there is a not a lot of detail in these stories. No one ever says what happens if you tel the kids inside your car or house (or nobody lived to the tell the tale, mwa-ha-ha). No explanations of the origins of these monsters have been given except for the vaguest labels like "aliens" or "demons." I have not found any reports nor even speculation on the motives of the BECs.

Has anyone used a BEC in game of Beyond the Supernatural?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Black-Eyed Children

Unread post by Natasha »

I’ve seen them on LS.org, I think.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Natasha wrote:I’ve seen them on LS.org, I think.

Indeed you have. There's been many reports of BEK's on the site.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

EODguydave wrote:I was inspired by your post and now Black Eyed Children are going to be the center piece of a campaign I'm starting next week. I've always thought of them as corporeal demons mostly because their inability to enter a place with out being invited. Which fits into the old "demonology" book I found at Half-Price Books which says that demons must be invited in, but once they are your butt is in serious trouble. A great place to find weird source material for BTS. It doesn't mention BEC's by name, but close enough for me. SO my players are going to have to decide to pick up the kids on the side of the highway or let'em go and have them follow them until they figure out what they want.

Sounds pretty interesting to me! I look forward to hearing more about how this all turned out.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

EODguydave wrote:not 1 but 4 .44 sliver magnum slugs in the its face.

and that my son is how it's done! lol
could be worse, you could be in my shoes. I try to talk to the npc's, warn them away from violence against me, get information, etc... and what does the GM do? Holds up his d20, grins and say's "initiative". every single freaking time.

sigh. a poor game is better than no game at all right?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Great thread. I've heard bits and pieces about them on Coast to Coast AM. You make a good point about how no one knows what they do to you if you let them into your car/house. Y'know, thousands of people go missing in our country every year. Like tens of thousands. I've heard that it's up into the 60,000 range, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've heard that the number is more like 30,000+ --but who is to say? Most of them arsss chalked up to runaways, accidental deaths, vanishing into wildernesses, etc.

It could be that thousands of people vanish each year without a trace because of black-eyed children. It could be that these good Samaritans, seeking nothing more than to assist children in need, allow these demonic entities into their homes and cars. It could be that once inside... the children show their true forms: black-eyed demon children, and devour those kind people. It could be that the becs teleport those people to another realm, a demonic realm. It might be that the becs are human/alien hybrids that slay (or preserve) the foolish humans and bring them to secret underground installations for testing, probing, mutilation and eventual disposal. ---all options are pretty terrible.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Would "accidental deaths" include becoming Supernatural Kibble?
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mastermesh
Wanderer

Unread post by mastermesh »

not exactly the same thing, but the gas mask kids in Dr Who who ask "are you my mummy" in Empty Child episode are freaky as hell.

http://youtu.be/SliF64OIdcw

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”