What's in store for 2013

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

What's in store for 2013

Unread post by auyl »

So what would we all like to see for BTS in 2013? I know we all want to see Tome Grotesque and the Arcana books, but anything else besides those? What do we think is in store for the Lazlo society?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: What's in store for 2013

Unread post by mrloucifer »

When I last talked with Wayne, for those who want to contribute for the Rifter, think adventures!

Wayne LOVES adventures and doesn't get enough of em! I won't say who, but I know of one guy who's writing a BTS adventure for the Rifter as we speak, and I've been considering writing a Rifter worthy adventure myself.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

I've mentioned this before in the forum, but its worth repeating here. Once I've done my part in helping Kevin with co-writing the Tomb Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum books, I do have a couple of smaller sourcebooks in mind (48-64 page sizes most likely), including a "Ghost story/Ghost hunting" themed book, a "Player and GM's guide to BTS" book, an adventure themed sourcebook, and something a bit more ambitious that I've been kicking around, specifically aimed at Elementals as the theme of the book.
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Well until Kevin gets the other four books he actually promised to have out prior to the new year (which has now passed and he did in fact promise them), as usual I don't my breath or try to have any expectations for anything. It is a downer post I know but it's reality.

That being said however, The two books mentioned in the OP are r precisely what I want. I make my own adventures and campaign settings and those two books are needed to use as the basis in conjunction with BtS2.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

mrloucifer wrote:When I last talked with Wayne, for those who want to contribute for the Rifter, think adventures!

Wayne LOVES adventures and doesn't get enough of em! I won't say who, but I know of one guy who's writing a BTS adventure for the Rifter as we speak, and I've been considering writing a Rifter worthy adventure myself.

I did not know that. Funny, I was working on an adventure setting and possible scenarios. I suppose that's incentive to actually finish it.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

mrloucifer wrote:When I last talked with Wayne, for those who want to contribute for the Rifter, think adventures!

This is the kind of thing I do so love to hear! :mrgreen:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I'd personally like to see some paranormal sensory equipment, since it seems to be lacking in the game. The Paranormal Investigator PCC hints at them but the book does not have anything listed for equipment.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
mrloucifer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I'd personally like to see some paranormal sensory equipment, since it seems to be lacking in the game. The Paranormal Investigator PCC hints at them but the book does not have anything listed for equipment.

I'm currently working on a source book for BTS titled "Beyond the Paranormal", and tools of the trade will be part of the package. The toys are coming my friend. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

mrloucifer wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I'd personally like to see some paranormal sensory equipment, since it seems to be lacking in the game. The Paranormal Investigator PCC hints at them but the book does not have anything listed for equipment.

I'm currently working on a source book for BTS titled "Beyond the Paranormal", and tools of the trade will be part of the package. The toys are coming my friend. :)

Sweet. That's good news. Though I'm still hoping for Arcanum and Grotesque to come out first.

Are you going to be doing anything for the Genius type characters who are into Robotics? There's some really cool stuff going on with regards to exoskeletons in the world today and projecting that forward 10-20 years would be a great idea. Rather than provide a whole bunch of links in this post, I'll provide a link to a relevant Lazlo thread.

If you're not touching this area, then I might.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

mrloucifer wrote:

I'm always in favor of more gadgets and toys. :D
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:

I'm always in favor of more gadgets and toys. :D

I think we're all in favour of new stuff for BTS, no matter what it is. :wink:
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

As much as I want to see more BTS books. What really imo should be given top priority are the missing Arcanum and Grotesque books. Then newer material.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Sureshot wrote:As much as I want to see more BTS books. What really imo should be given top priority are the missing Arcanum and Grotesque books. Then newer material.
How long have those been in pre-order status anyways?
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Sureshot wrote:As much as I want to see more BTS books. What really imo should be given top priority are the missing Arcanum and Grotesque books. Then newer material.

Hate to say it, but they've been there for years. Don't know how many, but quite a few.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

auyl wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Hate to say it, but they've been there for years. Don't know how many, but quite a few.
That's one of the reasons I won't pre-order anything- You never know when or if they will actually come out.
Bounty
D-Bee

Unread post by Bounty »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

That's a little hard to say, as the site's Store Merchant has changed several times over the years. The oldest reference to them that I'm currently able to find is the WayBack Machine archive page from May 1, 2005.

http://web.archive.org/web/200505011806 ... _Code=B700

Tome Grostesque was orginally listed for "Late November, might slip into December". After December it went to March 2006. Arcanum was listed as "Decenber or January", then went to Summer 2006. But we all know what happened in April 2006, so anything after March was never going to happen anyways really.

Interesting to note that while the book is forever in preorder, the price has been going up...
Tome Grotesque:
$17.95 - 10/2005
$18.95 - 3/2006
$20.95 - 1/2011

Beyond Arcanum:
$22.95 - 10/2005
$17.95 or $22.95 (probably the latter) - 1/2006
$24.95 - 1/2011
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

i love to see Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum and Maybe ther could be a BtS Adventures Soucebook with 101 adventures.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gaby wrote:i love to see Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum and Maybe ther could be a BtS Adventures Soucebook with 101 adventures.
I would rather see a half dozen good fleshed out adventures than a hundred flimsy adventure ideas.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Not having the two promised BTS books is really the only gripe I have about Palladium and it's erratic release methods...it's a shame...a damn shame. It's creeping up on 10 years of delay now...10 years.

I wonder how much of the books are actually completed?

To be honest if the books don't get released soon (this year), I'd think it would be the fair thing to do is just cancel BTS and move on. Sad...but it might make good business sense for Palladium, so Kevin can focus on the cash cow.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Antimony
D-Bee

Yeah, I know--I'm late

Unread post by Antimony »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gaby wrote:i love to see Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum and Maybe ther could be a BtS Adventures Soucebook with 101 adventures.
I would rather see a half dozen good fleshed out adventures than a hundred flimsy adventure ideas.

I think I'd rather have the 101 ideas than the 6 fleshed adventures (though both would be even cooler :ok:).

My reason being is: of all the adventures found in the first BtS book, the only one I liked was the one with the Demon Ghoul. All the others didn't fit my style of playing.

Furthermore, an adventure read (by the players) is an adventure ruined, in my opinion. When a gamebrelies so much on atmosphere, sense of dread, and the unknown, knowing the unknown is like reading the final chapter of a murder mystery first.

But an idea can go anywhere, even if the players have read it. And even if they recognize the adventure idea, that will be all: anticipation and good storytelling will do the rest.

Finally, where 6 fully fleshed out adventures may never gel, chances are, something of the 101 ideas just might.
:rose:
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Someone's been busy reading old threads. :P

Anyway, I'm definitely in the camp of wanting both fleshed out adventures and story ideas but if I had to choose, I'd take the 101 story ideas.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Who's going to start a 'what's in store for 2015' thread?

I think Dead Reign killed and ate the flesh off BTS. Sad....
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”