Tal-Agen-Va use

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jasper
Explorer

Tal-Agen-Va use

Unread post by Jasper »

Hey, I've been going through all my old campaign notes (a couple hundred pages including character sheets if you believe it). I've used most of the Boxed Nightmare adventures plus some of the stuff in BTS 1rst edition but I never used the ultra powerful mage on pg 202 called Tal-Agen-Va.

Has anyone ever used him or his minions? He seems really powerful but since he works more behind the scenes it's not too bad. If so, how have you used him? Any good stories would be cool.
Jasper
Explorer

Re: Tal-Agen-Va use

Unread post by Jasper »

Petite Elfgirl wrote:I wouldn't raise the P.P.E. too much; perhaps just enough for him to cast a few spells of lower level. I'd keep it low because it reflects his (shattered?) health, and can show just how merciless he can be: kidnapping innocents to keep in reserve should he want the P.P.E., killing (again) the Dead or the Agents who fail to do his bidding, and so forth.

Another reason is, he's able to feed off the ley line/nexus point. He could have nearly unlimited power if his P.P.E. was raised too much. He's already a billionaire (trillionaire, given interest?) with immense resources, too.

I like the way you think re: innocent victims and his employees who fail :twisted: . A nexus point is a good point as well.

Congrats on your 1000th post! :bandit:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

low PPE would also fit in well with the BTS enviroment. BTS is a time when magic energy is not as common, so having low personal PPE will work. any plot he gets used in should have obtaining alternate sources of PPE as one or more of the steps. rituals, sacrifices, finding nexi during astrological events, etc.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

remember though he's stuck on a world where magic is very weak. and it does say that 'he lives on the stuff that leaks through the ley lines and power points'. since he's over 800 years old, he may be using most of his personal PPE to extend his life, keeping his body going.

he's also got a cult of followers, which he could easily draw on to fuel various high level spells. not to mention that many of the entities he's got in his thrall have high PPE as well. he might require them to tithe part of that power to him as a payment for keeping the bodies he gave them. and the beasts he has locked up in his dungeon could easily serve as sources as well.

it is a bit odd though.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”