The new "Creations" page of the House of BTS...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

The new "Creations" page of the House of BTS...

Unread post by mrloucifer »

After a week or so of tweaking and prepping things, I've remodeled the NPC page of the fan site.

its been retitled "Creations", and its now got a folder tab directory to find the items your looking for faster (instead of one long long list like it used to be).

I'll probrably start posting notes on this topic when I have new creations available (such as the 1st House of BTS exclusive supernatural monster that I'm working on.)

Click here to check the new page out!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Re: The new "Creations" page of the House of BTS...

Unread post by Hibik »

I much preferred 'Meatbags'.

It looks nice. Well organized.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
EnlightenedVagabond
Wanderer
Comment: The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep...

Unread post by EnlightenedVagabond »

Page link is down/not working. Thought it might have been my work computer, but your whole site is not available.
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

EnlightenedVagabond wrote:Page link is down/not working. Thought it might have been my work computer, but your whole site is not available.

No, the school switched it off, they'll probably resume it Monday or so, when the next semester starts. Keep you guys posted. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Dolcet
Wanderer

Unread post by Dolcet »

just checked the page & it says "The requested URL /~sedawes/houseofbts/home.html was not found on this server"
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
Dolcet
Wanderer

Unread post by Dolcet »

it has returned
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
mrloucifer

Dolcet wrote:just checked the page & it says "The requested URL /~sedawes/houseofbts/home.html was not found on this server"

School is back in session, I've reloaded the site (now that access is unrestricted), all is well again. :)

Enjoy everyone!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Horray.

Also, I didn't know you had a section for donated characters. I think I have some more laying around if you're looking to populate that space.
mrloucifer

Hibik wrote:Horray.

Also, I didn't know you had a section for donated characters. I think I have some more laying around if you're looking to populate that space.

That section just opened last week with my latest update.
If you've got them in some form that I can display them, I would love to have them Hibik!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

mrloucifer wrote:

If you've got them in some form that I can display them, I would love to have them Hibik!

If I can have that Excel template you use I can put them into a format you can post them with.
mrloucifer

Hibik wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:

If I can have that Excel template you use I can put them into a format you can post them with.

Excellent! I'll send you a PM with my email. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

As promised, "The Orgathu" has been unleashed upon the masses in "The Supernatural" folder tab area of the Creations page.
May the gods that be have mercy on you all, because the Orgathu sure as hell wont! :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

mrloucifer wrote:As promised, "The Orgathu" has been unleashed upon the masses in "The Supernatural" folder tab area of the Creations page.
May the gods that be have mercy on you all, because the Orgathu sure as hell wont! :)

Very cool, I didn't have time to read through all of it, but from what I've seen it's really good. I especially like that it has a higher threat level than most creatures in BTS. Gives a bit more meat to throw at players that can challenge them a bit more than usual.
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

mrloucifer wrote:As promised, "The Orgathu" has been unleashed upon the masses in "The Supernatural" folder tab area of the Creations page.

Ha! This is sooo cool! I really enjoyed it! PDF saved. Thank you, sir!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
mrloucifer

krate wrote:Ha! This is sooo cool! I really enjoyed it! PDF saved. Thank you, sir!

No, thank you Krate... this would never have happened if I wasn't inspired by your vile, hideously grotesque artwork (and I mean that in the best way possible ;)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Its a big day in the House of BTS;

First off, a new Player Character submission by Hibik has been added! Svetlana ("Lana") is a 23 year old Fire Walker who works as a Musician and part time bartender.

Up next, I've added two new Supernatural creatures by Uyl! The 1st is a haunting entity while the second are savage tribal like inhuman creatures that lives in the wilds and woods of our world.

While I was updating, I also added a new NPC of mine named "Jenna Zach", who was created to be a friend of one the player characters in my home game.

Go check them all out!
–H.P. Lovecraft

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Nice, definitely worth checking out
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Good stuff! Added it to mycollection. Thanks Mr. Lou and Auyl.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
mrloucifer

krate wrote:Good stuff! Added it to mycollection. Thanks Mr. Lou and Auyl.

Thank you Krate Man!

P.S.... if your ever feeling the need to draw... those two supernatural baddies could use some illustrating... just sayin. ;)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

This week's Pregen addition is one of my favorites! Ludovigo De Luigi is a forty two year old Ordinary Human and Deli/Meat Shop Owner/Manager. He used to be a very good, honorable, and proud man, but has been on a downward spiral since his son was taken from him by a Bogey Man.
Vigo was one my earliest pregens and is still one of my favorites. Enjoy!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

I really like the new look. If you are looking for more categories of characters you might want to add a tab for starting characters ready for play - ie. at first level. I don't know if there's much demand for it but it's an idea.
mrloucifer

Jasper wrote:I really like the new look. If you are looking for more categories of characters you might want to add a tab for starting characters ready for play - ie. at first level. I don't know if there's much demand for it but it's an idea.

Thanks on the new look, It was long overdue. :)

There is a character or two in the " Character" tab that are at first level. I may take it an extra step further and include links for them at higher levels if the players send me their PC sheets as they go up in levels. But I wont plan on that unless I get updated sheets as the characters go up.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

I've not had a lot of time to work on the site this semester (PHP/SQL is proving to be a serious challenge), but I did get around to updating my "Common Thug" NPC sheet to a PDF file, so I thought I'd add it to the site for you GM's to enjoy. :) You'll find it in the NPC's tab.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Looks great! Already both saved on my computer and printed out.
mrloucifer

Ive added "Cassie Chadwick", who was donated by one of my weekly players after retiring her. You can find her in the "Characters" section of the creations page.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

There's a new creature roaming the halls of the House of BTS!

Anthony Uyl had submitted "The Shadow Hunter" months ago, but was extremely patient while I dealt with both my grandmother's passing as well as dealing with my toughest semester of school yet. But now its been unleashed upon the masses, feeding on your fears and nightmares while forcing your to experience them like vivid hallucinations!
Ideal for a supernatural creature adventure as well as using them as part of a "Shadow Man" or "Men in Black" themed adventure! Located under the "Supernatural" tab on the "Creations" page.

P.S.; if you haven't yet, The House of BTS now has a page on Facebook. Please like it to be kept up on news and happening that go on within the house.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Mephisto wrote:I hope krate hasn't stopped drawing, I like his artwork...

As do I. In fact, my next post has an announcement about him...
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

And suddenly, another creature is stalking the hallways of the House of BTS! Anthony Uyl had submitted “The Dune Cat” the same time he sent the Shadow Hunter mentioned above. The Dune Cat is a desert dwelling supernatural feline creature that's fiercely territorial and attacks intruder with a pack mentality and group tactics. By day it resembles a panther, but night its much more terrifying to behold, and more dangerous! Its also intelligent and has evolved, refining its way of life over the the ages to be a better survivor. They've even created their own language!
Located under the Supernatural folder tab on the "Creations" page.

Coming up next: Frank Chavez has graciously donated another creature illustration to base and create a new House exclusive supernatural creature on. And once that's finished, I've got a big surprise... the awesome BTS artist and cool guy Mike Dubisch has donated a particularly hideous looking creature to base & create another House exclusive supernatural monster! Man, the House is getting awfully dangerous to traverse with all of these new supernatural creatures roaming within it these days. Stay tuned!
–H.P. Lovecraft

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

mrloucifer wrote:And suddenly, another creature is stalking the hallways of the House of BTS! Anthony Uyl had submitted “The Dune Cat” the same time he sent the Shadow Hunter mentioned above. The Dune Cat is a desert dwelling supernatural feline creature that's fiercely territorial and attacks intruder with a pack mentality and group tactics. By day it resembles a panther, but night its much more terrifying to behold, and more dangerous! Its also intelligent and has evolved, refining its way of life over the the ages to be a better survivor. They've even created their own language!
Located under the Supernatural folder tab on the "Creations" page.

Coming up next: Frank Chavez has graciously donated another creature illustration to base and create a new House exclusive supernatural creature on. And once that's finished, I've got a big surprise... the awesome BTS artist and cool guy Mike Dubisch has donated a particularly hideous looking creature to base & create another House exclusive supernatural monster! Man, the House is getting awfully dangerous to traverse with all of these new supernatural creatures roaming within it these days. Stay tuned!

Definitely go check it out, you won't be disappointed. :twisted:
mrloucifer

I've just added a Pregenerated Gifted P.C.C. named "Anita Burkette" to the house. I thought I'd added her some time ago, but somehow she was the girl that got away, until now.

"Anita is a twenty four year old Gifted Clothing Designer and Fashion Model. Anita grew up in a disciplined but loving family in the heart of Seattle. Anita was the apple of her parent’s eye, encouraging and enriching the artistic genius she displayed early on. Perhaps as a spoke of her genius mind, Anita absorbed the best of both of her parents. Her mother had obviously fostered her creative talents and sense of style (she’s been the owner and manager of a beauty salon for nearly twenty years) as well as her natural beauty. As a daddy’s girl, she absorbed her daddy’s strong sense of discipline, high moralist character, and a fascination for investigating the paranormal."
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Mephisto wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:I've just added a Pregenerated Gifted P.C.C. named "Anita Burkette" to the house. I thought I'd added her some time ago, but somehow she was the girl that got away, until now.

"Anita is a twenty four year old Gifted Clothing Designer and Fashion Model. Anita grew up in a disciplined but loving family in the heart of Seattle. Anita was the apple of her parent’s eye, encouraging and enriching the artistic genius she displayed early on. Perhaps as a spoke of her genius mind, Anita absorbed the best of both of her parents. Her mother had obviously fostered her creative talents and sense of style (she’s been the owner and manager of a beauty salon for nearly twenty years) as well as her natural beauty. As a daddy’s girl, she absorbed her daddy’s strong sense of discipline, high moralist character, and a fascination for investigating the paranormal."

Anita only has a PB of 22???????? I'd say that's a bit low my friend :D :D

Yeah, I was thinking she'd have trouble squishing herself into her armoured vest considering her "assets". Cool character though!
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

So I've been spending a long time on your Creations page, saving all your characters on my computer and taking notes on how I might integrate them into my campaign if it ever gets played again. I have a couple comments; I actually had more but wasn't writing them down so I've forgotten :P.
Brian DuChamp: One of his contacts if listed as the Governor of Seattle. Seattle is a city; it doesn't have a governor :P. I'll assume you mean Mayor of Seattle. Another of his contact is listed as his "manager". Do authors have managers? Do you mean agent or editor?
Henry Johnson: Is 62 years old and has had a magic sword since the 60s and presumably fighting the supernatual since then. Why is he first level? I know he's not your creation but he needs to be higher level. Also, what city is he based out of? I love the pic for him though!
Svetlana Dementyev: Again, not your creation so not your mistake (if it is a mistake). In her notes it's mentioned that she's been in Seattle for a year but one of her contacts is a fence that she's known since she started working cons. Either that's incorrect or her fence contact is in another city, in which case why bother listing a contact in a far away city? Hasn't she been moving around tons anyway? No big deal, just seems odd. I'll place him in Seattle and make him a newer contact, otherwise he's not much use.

I like all the characters though. You need to do Dr. Angela Strauss, Georgia Chambers and Corbin Romance; they're mentioned as contacts for a bunch of your characters. I want stats!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Svetlana Dementyeva (who I submitted to Mr. L, coincidentally) never lived in Seattle. She's from Pikesville, Maryland and lives in Brooklyn, New York. I believe you were thinking of Cassie Chadwick.
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Hibik wrote:Svetlana Dementyeva (who I submitted to Mr. L, coincidentally) never lived in Seattle. She's from Pikesville, Maryland and lives in Brooklyn, New York. I believe you were thinking of Cassie Chadwick.

Yes, I got them confused. My apologies and thanks for the character btw.
mrloucifer

Jasper... your killing me here! I'm a writer, not an editor! :P

Thanx for pointing out the errors, I'll make it a point to correct and re-issue the PDF's, and I'll let you all know via the forums.

I cant say for sure if I'll update Cassie's contact info as those contacts are from my actual game, and have never been fully fleshed out. But I can say the Fencer was something of a "handler" for her, who gets her jobs to steal something in particular at times for specific clients (like stealing a specific bottle of wine from a guys wine cellar in one case). If/when she had something of value for him to fence, she would mail it to him. I intended for him to come to Seattle at one point, but as Cassie has been retired, I dont know if I'll ever bother finishing his details. But if I do, you know I'll post it in the House. :)

Dr. Strauss, Dr. Romance, and Detective Chambers are all the VERY next Pregens to be added to the house. Stay tuned for those. I've got to give you all something to keep comeing back for occasionally right? :P
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

mrloucifer wrote:Jasper... your killing me here! I'm a writer, not an editor! :P

Thanx for pointing out the errors, I'll make it a point to correct and re-issue the PDF's, and I'll let you all know via the forums.

I cant say for sure if I'll update Cassie's contact info as those contacts are from my actual game, and have never been fully fleshed out. But I can say the Fencer was something of a "handler" for her, who gets her jobs to steal something in particular at times for specific clients (like stealing a specific bottle of wine from a guys wine cellar in one case). If/when she had something of value for him to fence, she would mail it to him. I intended for him to come to Seattle at one point, but as Cassie has been retired, I dont know if I'll ever bother finishing his details. But if I do, you know I'll post it in the House. :)

Dr. Strauss, Dr. Romance, and Detective Chambers are all the VERY next Pregens to be added to the house. Stay tuned for those. I've got to give you all something to keep comeing back for occasionally right? :P

Awesome. Looking forward to the new characters. Seattle's Lazlo Agency is definitely stocked.
mrloucifer

Jasper wrote: Seattle's Lazlo Agency is definitely stocked.

I didn't intend for it go become so stocked... my goal was to provide both a male and female of every type of P.C.C. as my con games are usually "introduction to the World of BTS" adventures. I hadn't realized how many characters that would create until the dust was settled. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

The site was down for about half a day due to the semester change over, but its back up and has several new updates on it that have been waiting for the change over. I'll mention one of them daily or so, you know... to give you reason to make multiple trips. :)

The 1st item worth mentioning is the new supernatural creature, called "Der Seelensammler". Head on over to the Creations page, and look in the Supernatural folder tab.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Panomas wrote:Wow-

Just checking out the characters-this is really cool and a great tool for GMs-

I commend you sir!- :ok:

Thanx mucho! I try to make it make a worthwhile visit and resource. ;)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

I've been sitting on a secret that's finally escaped!

Artist James Carl McKnight, who's recently discovered both Beyond the Supernatural and the House of BTS, has generously asked to create illustrations exclusively for the site!

Asking me what I'd like to see him create first, I asked him to illustrate the exclusive BTS creatures lurking over in the Creations page. And I gotta tell ya, he really delivered with his first piece, the “Hollow Light”. I cant wait to see what he comes up with next!

I've updated the Hollow Light PDF file with Mr. McKnight's artwork, so its worth downloading (or worth downloading again if you have the old version.)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Great picture!
mrloucifer

Jasper wrote:Great picture!

I agree! Just wait till you see his next one..
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

James McKnight is on a roll! Only a couple of days since sending me the illustration for the "Hollow Light", he's just sent in a new illustration for "The Dune Cat", another one of the House of BTS exclusives. His use of color is as good as the illustration in my opinion. Go check it out!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Wow, that's awesome.
mrloucifer

Fans of Lord Z and the Court of Tarot are going to enjoy this:

Lord Z recently commissioned me to create a Player Character to add to the House of BTS. Specifically, the character was to be a "Priest of Vice P.C.C.", which he'd created some time ago and has had posted over at Nexus Nine.

Well, I'm now happy to announce that "Yegor Golovchenko" is now available in the "Player Character" section of the "Creations" page! I had a lot of fun creating this character and think its one of my most complex and intriguing characters to day. Included in the PDF file is his intro, player advice, and two character sheets, one to use during his periods of Vice, and the other during his periods of Virtue.

For those who enjoy this P.C.: all compliments and praise should go to Lord Z as he commissioned Yegor. I dont know that I would have created him under my own power, so he may not have ever existed without Lord Z, especially as he also created the P.C.C. to begin with. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Wow, he is a good character. I also noticed that you snuck in a new person called Sister Elizabeth Melrose that you didn't tell us about! For shame.
mrloucifer

Yikes! I thought I announced Beth... but your right, she's not listed in here. Maybe it didn't post? Well, let me fix that!

Recently added Player Character section of the Creations page: Submitted by Warren “Hibik” Davis, Elizabeth “Beth” Melrose is a 27-year-old Psychic Sensitive and Religious Scholar, specializing in esoteric, mystical and religious lore; often consulted for both her academic expertise and her psychic powers. She's a really interesting character, one that I wish I'd created myself.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Man, that Hibik guy must be pretty awesome.
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Hibik wrote:Man, that Hibik guy must be pretty awesome.

Yeah, he must be, he's made some cool characters.
mrloucifer

I meant to share this with everyone on Christmas day... but I was making pretty dang merry all day and didn't get around to it. ;)

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that the "Echid-Urkt-Kha" is now stalking the halls of the House of the BTS! Look under the "Supernatural" tab in the "Creations" page to find it.
This is a special creation for me as its based on an original illustration by BTS artist Mike Dubisch, used with his permission and blessing! Its also my 1st attempt at a Greater Demon, and I think it came out pretty good, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it turned out.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”