Lazlo Plots for May

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cybermancer
Hero

Lazlo Plots for May

Unread post by Cybermancer »

First day of May, time for a new Lazlo Plots thread.

There's going to be a few birthday's this month amongst some of the active posters. So definitely a party month.

Hoping to see more activity with regards to death cults and the darklings.

There are some things that will be starting in May but will take months to come to fruition.

Trying to come up with a specific May related plot or adventure for people to jump in on.

Conversely, if someone is looking for a little help getting something off the ground, maybe some help can be found.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Lazlo Plots for May

Unread post by Hibik »

Can't say I have a lot planned. Sparks is always about if someone needs a trouble maker to contribute.

Same with GW obviously if someone needs a mage's expertise on something.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I am revising the Raven-Hafoot story this evening. I might post it or just some of it tonight.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Cybermancer
Hero

I've read what you posted so far. I'm digging it.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Sparks can be a bit... combustible on matters of faith sometimes.

Also, Wie's back! Wie's back!
Cybermancer
Hero

Hibik wrote:Also, Wie's back! Wie's back!

She is indeed. :)

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

Given that much material, Petite Elfgirl, I would have to say that Wie's return is probably the big story on Lazlo for May.

Not a bad thing at all. :D

Also, if we can get a post in the Conspiracy Theory sub forum, we'll have a post in each sub forum today.

It's nice to see Lazlo having regular traffic again.

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

I could also have Mel continue her diatribe of militant agnosticism too. But yes, no hurry. I do enjoy fictional debates.
Cybermancer
Hero

It should be interesting, Shang Li. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I've also found that Palladium's mechanics can be challenging and even awkward when telling a story. Though in the case of Lazlo, I encourage the attempt whole heartedly. Even if some of the stuff has to come from games outside of BtS or even the Rifter. I know for example that I would only use the rules from the Rifter #49 for any vampire I might create to use on the boards (and did in fact). Though I would also respect vampire creations using Palladium's canon rules.

Of course there are times when the rules need to be bent slightly for a fun story and an interesting character. It can be a slipperly slope though. That's why I respect attempts to keep it as close to what Palladium has published as possible. :)

*Edit*

I thought we might see Mel foaming at the mouth on the Religious Discussion thread. :P

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

I thought we might see Mel foaming at the mouth on the Religious Discussion thread. :P

Unlike Cyber, Mel carries a grudge towards the whole thing. It's like frothing and more cold, calculated intellectual contempt. Silly arcanists from western liberal spellcasting traditions.

PS: Mel still wants to figure out the story behind this Darken 'impersonator' one of these days. She will settle with seeing Wie again for the moment, however.
Cybermancer
Hero

Perhaps Mel should wait up with Ron on Monday nights? :P

But I agree, it should be interesting to see how the whole thing plays out.

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

If she wasn't worried about being sensed 'downwind', she probably would. That said, one of these Mondays I suppose she might just camp out with Ron if he wants.
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

That'd be nice, PE. Mel has basically been kept in the loop by Darcy anyway, as she tries to figure out what she can without hopefully drawing 'Darken's' notice.
Cybermancer
Hero

Darcy may be up with Ron or not, depending on his preference. If she is up, don't expect her to be right beside him. More like 500-1000 meters away with a clear line of sight and loaded with silver. :P And possibly Cynthia there with her acting as spotter/close protection.

It's true that Darcy had been keeping Mel in the loop. It's very likely that Darcy will include Mel anyway so you may as well include her on the distribution list. :)

And you really should get that Rifter. I don't often rave about stuff in the Rifter but that's definitely something I've adopted. I've also adopted the body armor and trauma rules that came out in Rifter 51.

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

I don't remember if it was a two parter or not. I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

For the most part, I also enjoyed the Tarot stuff as well.

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

Hibik wrote:

Unlike Cyber, Mel carries a grudge towards the whole thing. It's like frothing and more cold, calculated intellectual contempt. Silly arcanists from western liberal spellcasting traditions.

Almost forgot. Don't be too sure Cyber doesn't harbor a grudge against god like entities. Or at least one of them. And he practically invented calculated intellectual contempt. :P

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Matt may have been the teacher, but now Mel is the master. *cue lightsaber noises*
Cybermancer
Hero

If she strikes him down, he will only become more powerful than she could ever imagine!

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Fire burns wood, if that would help <.<

I've been digging the Chalice stuff, personally. Glad to see Wie back though.
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

You probably should, yes.
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

PE - I remember last year Mel and Wie were supposed to meet up at a psychic fair. Maybe they can try that again - maybe with something eventful happening, of course?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

I had a few ideas in mind. Possibly a bit of intrigue between some of those present come to mind - I imagine the psychic scene can get pretty competitive. Or perhaps some monster looks for a way to get rid of a bunch of enemies in one fell swoop.

Separately, or related, I was going to have one of the disgruntled friends of a dabbler turned caterpillar seek out some revenge on Mel
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Ooh, I like that one. Syd could definitely help with that, or a few other of Mel's contacts.

I'm mostly planning out a few one shots and then maybe one or two longer term things that might involve others a bit more in depth.
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: FINALLY!!!!

Petite Elfgirl wrote:So, I want to apologize for taking so long. I finally finished Wie's asylum writeup (although I realized I forgot to finish her "New York" trip; but what the heck. I figure she, of all people, has a legitimate excuse). And the trial is complete; half of her captors were nailed on many charges, though the others got a smack on the wrist and a third was set free with a "naughty, naughty!" plus a stern finger waggle at his nose.

Gotta love the corrupted portion of the American judicial system. :)

Be that as it may, the perpetrators have all been exposed now. They'd best be careful because now they're going to be watched carefully. 8)

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Some stuff I was going to post in the next few days:

1: Something Dr. Boggs passed along to GW.

2: Finishing Sparks' thing in the halfway house.

3: Another investigation from GW possibly.

Due to a lovely landfill fire a few miles away and the risk of breathing particulates if I go outside, I might be inside doing a lot of writing.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

on thing you might want to play around with is something I throw at my group. I am using Odessa and Nazi plots. I made a post about it. and there Mail order/ Recouting, But it is much bigger then that, and not there the only Iron they have in the fire. but any one whom has any ideas that may help. or hinder my players lay it on me....
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Cybermancer
Hero

One can always rely on family to embarress one.

Also, it's probably not worth mentioning but Daichan and Sparks had this totally boring adventure. It involved Bikers and Demon Bears and Dark Secrets, Oh My! 8-)

WWVLD?

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”