Paranormal Podcast: UFOs, Skeptics, & more...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Paranormal Podcast: UFOs, Skeptics, & more...

Unread post by Lord Z »

Jim Harold has really been knocking it out of the proverbial park recently. In edition to his other shows, The Paranormal Report & Jim Harold's Campfire, he has performed some excellent interviews recently on his primary show, the Paranormal Podcast. Other interviewers get complemented on their techniques without really having any (I'm looking at you, John Steward). Jim does it well. He gives the guest plenty of time to answer while still maintaining control of the interview. He speaks clearly (or else he edits very well).

Recently, Jim interviewed a pair of skeptics. I thought this was a gutsy move and well handled. It is a nice reference for someone playing a skeptic character. http://jimharold.com/the-paranormal-podcast/is-it-all-in-our-heads-paranormal-podcast-148/

Even more recently, he gave the best interview of Lesie Kean. Lesie is the author of a major new book about UFOs, and I've seen her interviewed in other places but not with such a well-rounded set of questions. http://jimharold.com/the-paranormal-podcast/ufos-on-the-record-with-leslie-kean-paranormal-podcast-156/
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Paranormal Podcast: UFOs, Skeptics, & more...

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I keep promising to get more into this show. Perhaps I can try listening to it while doing homework.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I've tried that. It doesn't work. I can't read nor write while someone else is talking into my ear. If you can, then you've found your superpower.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The Crogland Grange Vampire

In Epsiode #162 of the Paranormal Podcast, Lionel Fanthrope tells an excellent vampire story. Both theorists and skeptics will enjoy it. The story begins about 25 minutes into the show. Linkpire!

Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

Z, thanks! I'm going to listen to this show. ---I'm a fan of Coast to Coast AM, and Leslie Kean has been a guest on it. In fact, I've been one of her ardent defenders on the thread about her book at amazon.com. ---There were one or two "debunkers" completely defaming her character and work there, and I just couldn't stand by and let them UNFAIRLY attack her. There were at least ten round of comments and counter-comments. It's actually interesting reading if you want to check it out and see the COMMENTS section associated with her latest/first book.

Thanks again Z.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Jim hosted a couple of recent shows which might be of particular interest to the BtS crowd. What are Hauntings is a discussion with British author Geoff Holder about the nature of hauntings and three popular theories which explain them. Black Eyed Children is an episode about a particular breed of urban legend monsters which have BtS written all over them.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I've only heard half of this episode thus far, but it is already one of the best ghost stories I have ever heard. It's about a haunted house. Link

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Happy Shameless Promotion Month!

Yeah, it is a jerk move of me to drop back into this forum after months away just to promote something. I can cope with the guilt, if you can cope with me. So, let the shilling begin...

My wife is currently writing a new novel in serial format. She is posting new chapters as they are written. Her cross-genre story features horror, conspiracy, a very mysterious phone text, and college chicks drinking birthday cake shots. I honestly do think that some BtS players would like it.

After a strange series of events, two cousins as different as night and day find themselves forced to work together to unravel a web that has consumed their once mundane lives. Their only aid is a mysterious benefactor who holds a rather pricy debt over the girls’ heads. As they go about completing their assignments they discover that their problems are much bigger than expected. They have only seen the beginning. The clocking is ticking as the threads of the world have begun to unravel.

Hidden Mystique and the corresponding Facebook Page

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”