The Beyond the Supernatural Player Characters list!

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

The Beyond the Supernatural Player Characters list!

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Ive noticed for sometime that many of the other game systems on the board include a topic that offers a list of Player Characters, Pregenerated PC's used in conventions, NPC's and so on from the various fans of the game. I thought perhaps its time I took up the gauntlet and started one in the BTS section.

To help everyone out, I took the liberty of creating a template to add your chracter notes onto. I created it where you should be able to add notes down the list in a somewhat linear order, starting from the frant page of the BTS character sheet and onto the backside.

Character Type:
Name:
Nickname/Alias:
P.C.C.:
Sex:
Alignment:
Attributes:
IQ:
ME:
MA:
PS:
PP:
PE:
PB:
Spd:
Perception:
P.P.E.:
I.S.P.:
Hit Points:
S.D.C.:
Armor Type:
AR:
Armor S.D.C.:
Level:
Experience Points:
Hand to Hand Combat:
Number of Attacks:
Initiative:
Damage:
Strike:
Parry:
Dodge:
Roll w/ Punch/Impact:
Pull Punch:
Knockout/Stun Roll:
Critical Strike Roll:
Death Blow Roll:

Special Abilities/Skills:

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Harmful Drugs- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Psionics- Base: / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Coma/Death:
Horror Factor :
Illusions:
Curses- Base: 15 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:
Skills:

Weapons:

Equipment:

Personal Information:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
General Appearance:
Disposition:
Family Origin:
Environment:
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics:
Sentiments towards Non-humans:
Goals in Life:
Insanity:

Psionics:

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance Up-
Leaping distance Across-
Run: mph: ft per melee: ft per attack:
Swim: mph: ft per melee: ft per attack:
Bonus to Invoke Trust:
Bonus to Charm:

Character History:

Contacts:
Name: Occupation: Notes:

Special Equipment and magic Weapons & Objects
Name: Type: Description: Abilities:

Notes:

I should get a character or two added in this list to kick things off in the next day or so. The first fewI will probrably add will be some of the Pregens I've created for my con games that get picked most often. Stay tuned!
Last edited by mrloucifer on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: The Beyond the Supernatural Player Characters list!

My first character is a Pregen that sees a lot of use in my con games. I play a lot of ghost story games and even non-ghost story games I see her get chosen by the players frequently.

This first page is the intro page that I add to help the player get an idea of who she is and what she does. (Note: Keep in mind the intor may be simplistic as she written for 3-4 hour con games, but her backstory can easily be fleshed out a little more for a long running campaign);

Name: Lacey Sullivan
Alignment: Scrupulous
P.C.C.: Psychic Medium

You are Lacey Sullivan, third born of four siblings in a working class family from a rural community just outside of Pierre, South Dakota. Your family has owned and operated a Pioneer, Wild West and Dinosaur Fossil tourist attraction for over forty years. Of course this meant that you’ve spent the majority of your life at this attraction with your family, which was interesting to you to say the least. You found it so interesting in fact you had developed an imaginary friend name Alexander who loved to tell you stories about the pioneers that used to settle the land. Your family thought that the tales you told about Alexander were both amusing and historically accurate (but not too surprising considering your upbringing).

However you never outgrew your friend like most children do. In time Alexander explained that he is actually the spirit of a long dead pioneer, and your great, great grand uncle! He also educated you about your budding psychic abilities and why you’re starting to see other spirits who frequent the acres of the family business. While your family was concerned about your insistence on Alexander’s existence at first (and eventually you stopped bringing him up to end their concerns), they eventually saw your tales as a blessing in disguise for the business. Acquiring a work permit at 14 you became a tour guide for the attraction and proved to be incredibly good at it. Between the accurate descriptions from Alexander and the other spirits who roamed the area, people were captivated by the detail and accuracy of your information and stories.

However, in time you realized that your heart wasn’t in the family business. Middle school had introduced you to biology and revealed an exciting world you became eager to discover. Your intelligence and devotion led the way to being an honor student all through high school and eventually a full scholarship to college. Weighing your options you found Seattle University to have a very appealing Science and Biology program.

Life in Seattle had an unexpected surprise, an overwhelming number of wandering spirits and supernatural monsters that lurk in the darkness. While you feel that school is extremely important, you also feel compelled to help confront the supernatural, something Alexander encourages and helps guide you through. To handle your living expenses you’ve taken up a job as a phone rep at a payment processing center.

You’re an extremely inquisitive and curious woman who’s always asking questions about everything. One question answered always raises a dozen more for you. Many who know find you to be a very good natured and hospitable woman, if not a bit nerdy in conversation at times. Most also see you as brave from your decision to help others simply because you can rather than any sense of duty. You are in the minority in that you’re spirit guide and psychic abilities have never frightened you; in fact you found them interesting and make you feel unique. With your spirit guide, your high intelligence and your concern for others you make a very adept support personnel in any paranormal investigation you’re involved with.

And now, her character sheet, I hope you enjoy and get lots of use out of her. :)

Character Type: Pregenerated Player Character
Name: Lacey Sullivan
Nickname/Alias:
P.C.C.: Psychic Medium
Sex: Female
Attributes:
IQ: 17
ME: 21
MA: 20
PS: 13
PP: 12
PE: 14
PB: 16
Spd: 15
Perception: +2
P.P.E.: 3
I.S.P.: 14
Hit Points: 22
S.D.C.: 20
Armor Type: None
AR:
Armor S.D.C.:
Level: 2
Experience Points: N/A
Hand to Hand Combat: Basic (Self Defense classes)
Number of Attacks: 4
Initiative: 1
Damage: -
Strike: -
Parry: 2
Dodge: 2
Roll w/ Punch/Impact: 2
Pull Punch: 2
Knockout/Stun Roll: -
Critical Strike Roll: Natural 20
Death Blow Roll: -

Impervious to Possession
+6 to save vs. Horror Factor against Ghosts & Spirits
+1 Save vs. Mind Control
+3% Skill Bonus due to High I.Q.

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 14
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:16
Harmful Drugs- Base: 15 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 15
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: +4 / Roll Needed: 8
Psionics- Base: 10 / Modifier: +4 / Roll Needed: 6
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 12
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 16
Coma/Death: -
Horror Factor : +2
Illusions: +3
Curses- Base: 15 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 15
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 14

Skills and Total Percentage:
Basic Math 78
Speak English 92
Read English 85
Computer Operation 86
Technical Writing 58
Cryptography 56
History: North America 82
Speak Spanish 71
Read Spanish 63
Research 73
Public Speaking 53
Wardrobe & Grooming 67
Archaeology 68/48
Biology 68
Botany 68
Genetics 56
Sing 53
Sensory Equipment 48
Automobile 76
Zoology 48
Basic Mechanics 58
Basic Electronics 48
Lore: Ghosts & Entities 48
Lore: Paranormal/ Psion 43
Lore: American Indians 38
W.P. Handguns
W.P. Knife

Weapons:
Beretta M92 Auto Pistol: Bonuses: +2 Strike (includes Laser Sight Bonus) / Range: 135ft / ROF: Single/Burst / Ammo: 5 Clips (60) / Weight: 3lbs / Damage: 3D6
Boot Knife: Bonuses: +1 to Strike, Parry & Throw / Range: 50ft if thrown / ROF: Melee / Weight: 1lb / Damage: 1D4
Silver Plated Dagger: Bonuses: +1 to Strike, Parry & Throw / Range: 50ft if thrown / ROF: Melee / Weight: 1lb / Damage: 1D6 / 2D6 to beings vulnerable to Silver
Spirit Strike (pg. 87): Range: Touch or up to 30ft / ROF: Melee/Single / Lasts 2 rounds per activation / Damage: 2D6+2

Equipment:
Blackberry Storm Cell Phone: wristwatch: iPod
jewelry: jeans: sweat shirt: running shoes: Rain coat:
umbrella: Sunglasses:

Backpack Contents: Large Flashlight, Small Flashlight
first aid kit: map of Seattle: notebook:2 pens / pencils
Digital Audio Recorder: Digital Camera:
Audio Tape Recorder w/ 5 cassette tapes:
2005 Ford Focus (Light blue)
Her dorm room is located on the Seattle University Grounds
Note: Beretta has a Laser Sight (+1 to Strike)

Personal Information:
Height: 5’6
Weight: 124 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
General Appearance: Usually wears jeans and either T-shirts or sweat shirts on campus, in public and during paranormal investigations. Most of her sweat shirts have the "Seattle University" logo on them.
Disposition: Extremely inquisitive & curious, asks lots of questions, has lots of charisma
Family Origin: Of English/French descent w/ no known history of psychic phenomena.
Environment: From a working middle class family in Pierre, South Dakota.
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics: Lacey sees them (and herself) as unique, finds them interesting and has a million questions about how their abilities really work.
Sentiments towards Non-humans: She has a million questions about what they are, where they come from, why they are here and so on.
Goals in Life: To graduate College, move on to grad school and work her way up to gaining employment in the area of Biology, possibly in the genetics field.
Insanity: Has a phobia of water, something as small as a bathtub full of water will terrorize her if thrown in it. Even taking showers makes her nervous at times. Lacey CANNOT swim!
Psionics and I.S.P. Cost:
See other Spirit Guides -
See & communicate w/ Spirits -
Auditory Reading 5
Olfactory Symbols/ Omens 3
Omens of the Supernatural -
Spirit Strike- Page 87 10
Hear Death Rattle- Page 87 -
Object read the Dead - Page 87 5

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance Up: 1 1/2ft / 3 1/2ft (Power Leap)
Leaping distance Across: 3 1/2ft / 7ft (Power Leap)
Run: 10.2 mph / 14 melees / 225ft per melee round / 56ft per action
Swim: -
Bonus to Invoke Trust: 60%
Bonus to Charm: 30%

Character History: See front page for description

Contacts:

Notes:
Spirit Guide: Alexander Sullivan
P.P.E. 10: / Male / Alexander was Lacey's Great, Great Grand uncle.
Died at the age of 28, his cause of death was disease. Time line was from the 1800's
Personality Trait: Alexander is a stern and impatient mentor, but he's also fair. He's not bossy or mean per se, but he's not afraid to voice his frustrations or his disapproval of Lacey's actions. *Alex was a pioneer in his day who settled in South Dakota and started a family. While alive he learned a lot about the local Native American cultures as well as his neighbor settlers. An extremely bad illness along with poor nutrition during the dead of winter eventually took his life.
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

This is a good idea for a thread, L. Sorry that I didn't take the time to convert these to the standard that you set up. Nonetheless, there are some generic characters here that I have prepped which might come in handy.

Typical Sheriff's Deputy
Alignment: 60% Principled, 30% Scrupulous, 10% other
Attributes: Spd. 20, all others are 10
Experience: This character is represented as being a 5th Level Ordinary Person. A rookie will be 1st or 2nd Level. A sergeant should be 6th Level or higher, and an actual sheriff may be 8th Level or higher.
Hit Points: 20, S.D.C.: 33.
Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: “I don't much care what club you've joined. You still have to pay attention to the speed limit, Ma'am. If we need your help, we'll ask you. Now sign here.”
Skills of Note: Athletics, Automobile 87%, Combat Driving, First Aid 80%, Land Navigation 66%, Law 75%, Radio: Basic 80%, Roadwise 51%, Running, Streetwise 60%, Streetwise: Weird 60%, Swimming 70%, Hand to Hand: Expert, W.P. Blunt (+1 to strike and parry), Handguns (+2 to strike), and Energy Gun (listed in 1st edition, for electric stun pistols, +3 to strike).
Bonuses: Needs a 15 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, +3 to Perception, +2 to save vs insanity, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor and magic, 5 attacks per melee round, +1 to strike, +2 to disarm, +4 to parry and dodge, +5 to pull punch, +4 to roll with impact, karate punch for 2D4 damage or karate kick for 2D6 damage.
Psionics: None, closed to the supernatural. As with any other profession, there is a small chance that any sheriff or deputy may be a psychic also.
P.P.E.: 4.
Savings: $6000 in a bank.
Equipment: A well tuned squad car with two-way radios and siren, a revolver (typically 6 bullets, 2D6 damage, about 165 ft or 50m range), baton (1D6 damage), stun gun (100 ft or 30.5m range, targets are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melee rounds), hand cuffs, and portable two-way radio.

Typical Villager
The terms “tribe,” “tribal,” and "villager" are used very loosely here. They refer to any small, isolated community of people with limited technology and financial resources. This tribal village could be an Amish community in Pennsylvania or a clan of hunter-gathers in the rain forest of Brazil. These villages typically have ten to thirty members.
Alignment: 40% Principled, 50% Scrupulous, 10% other.
Attributes: P.S. 6, 10 for each.
Experience: This character is represented as being a 5th Level Ordinary Person. A villager leader or elder will be at least 8th level.
Hit Points: 36, S.D.C.: 21.
Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: “Huh? Is that one of those political parties that the people in the city join?”
Skills: Hand to Hand: Basic, fluent in native language 92% and two others 62%, may or may not be literate depending on the local culture, all domestic skills at 50% or higher, Wilderness Survival 65%, one Horsemanship skill or Kayaking & Canoeing 70%, Holistic Medicine 50%/40%, Lore: Superstitions 50%, Lore: Religion 55%, Outdoorsmanship, Physical Labor, Swim 70%, Botany 60%, Zoology 50%, Land Navigation 52%, W.P. Blunt (+1 to strike and parry), Knife (+2 to strike, parry, or throw), and two other weapons proficiencies as are appropriate.
Other skill packages: Each person in the village typically has a specialization or talent. This can be any additional technical skill (art, breed dogs, leatherworking, etc.), any additional wilderness skill (carpentry, track & trap animals, herding, etc.), or a 10% bonus to any domestic skill of choice.
Bonuses: Needs a 15 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, +1 to Perception, +2 to save vs insanity, +1 to save vs. Horror Factor and magic, 5 attacks per melee round, +1 to strike, +1 to disarm, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to roll with impact, kick attack for 1D8 damage.
Psionics: None, closed to the supernatural. As with any other profession, there is a small chance that any villager may be a psychic also. When this happens, the powers developed tend to respond to the needs of the community, so Psychic Healers are the most common followed by Latent Psychics, Firewalkers, and Diviners.
P.P.E.: 4 (children have 24, teenagers have 9).
Savings: About $500 worth of trade goods but no money.
Equipment: 3 ancient-style weapons of excellent quality or else three tools which could be used as weapons if so needed. Some villages have a communal cache of older model firearms, but only the village leader has permission to remove them. Beyond that, each family has its own small dwelling, often a farmhouse or hut, and a small collection of domesticated animals. These people don't have much, but what they have is exactly what they need to live and prosper in their environment.

Elite Village Warrior
Alignment: 10% Principled, 40% Scrupulous, 40% Unprincipled, 10% other.
Attributes: P.S. 16, P.E. 13, P.P. 16, Spd. 25, 10 for all others.
Experience: This character is represented as being a 5th Level Natural Athlete. These characters tend to be young, arrogant and selfish, but they serve an important function by serving as the first line of defense when the village is endangered.
Hit Points: 48, S.D.C.: 46.
Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: “Is that a rock and roll band? No, I like hip-hop better.”
Skills: Hand to Hand: Expert, fluent in native language 92% and two others 62%, may or may not be literate depending on the local culture, two domestic skills at 50% or higher, Wilderness Survival 65%, one Horsemanship skill or Kayaking & Canoeing 70%, Holistic Medicine 50%/40%, Lore: Superstitions 50%, Lore: Religion 55%, Athletics: General, Force March, Outdoorsmanship, Physical Labor, Prowl 62%, Swim 75%, Wrestling, Hunting, Land Navigation 52%, W.P. Blunt (+1 to strike and parry), Knife (+2 to strike, parry, or throw), and two other weapons proficiencies as are appropriate.
Bonuses: Needs a 15 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, 5 attacks per melee round, +2 to strike, +2 to disarm, +3 to pull punch, +4 to parry and dodge, +0 to automatic dodge, +4 to roll with impact, +1 to damage from physical strength, kick attack for 2D6+1 damage, punch attack for 2D4+1 damage, tackle attack for 1D4+1 damage +knock down, crush/squeeze attack for 1D4+1 damage, pin/incapacitate on a natural roll of 18-20.
Psionics: None, closed to the supernatural. Their potential psychic energy has been harnessed towards hardening their bodies and sharpening their skills. P.P.E. was spent on +5% bonus to all physical skills, Hit Point bonus, Speed bonus, and automatic dodge.
P.P.E.: 2.
Savings: About $300 worth of trade goods but no money.
Equipment: Same as typical villager.
Last edited by Lord Z on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Lord Z will you show your other Npc,s from your Dark Astrology,s Campaign from NexusNine?

Will you add part 3 of Campaign soon?

hope to see more.
mrloucifer

Lord Z wrote:This is a good idea for a thread, L. Sorry that I didn't take the time to convert these to the standard that you set up. Nonetheless, there are some generic characters here that I have prepped which might come in handy.

No apology is neccesary Lordy Lord Z, I only added it as an optional tool to help those those that wanted/needed the help in getting their items added. What you've posted above is fine to me. :)

BTW I hope to get a few more peeps added over the next week... sigh, the lack of internet at home is kicking my patootie silly. :P
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Pardon me while I point and laugh at Loucifer. Okay, I feel good now.

The Dark Astrology characters are intended eventually for a Rifter #0 submission. I don't see any harm in posting them here. First, I think I will add some Court of Tarot errata characters. The next Dark Astrology adventure might be a while yet. I just finished editing a lengthy Rifter submission for another writer, and I have a couple of more editing tasks to do for authors that have been waiting patiently for some TLC. Other writer's stuff always comes before my own unless some sort of priority or deadline is involved. Gaby, what did you think of "Rumble in the Pasteur"? Personally, I thought that was the better adventure.

Mephisto, I could definitely use some of those generic NPCs. You don't have any prepped, do you?
Last edited by Lord Z on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here is a character called "Mister Green," the proverbial little green man only moreso. I'm not really sure what to do with him.

Mister Green
Based upon concepts by R. Stott in the article "Primorder" found in Rifter[sup]TM[/sup] #2.
The creature which is called “Mister Green” is actually an intelligent alien life-form which has more in common with germ than a human. Mr. Green is actually a gelatinous single-celled organism, slightly larger than a human. He isn't exactly green but rather a pulsating greenish color scheme. He isn't a “he” or “mister” either as it is asexual. The name “Mister Green” was given to him by his human captors. His real name is pronounced with a combination of telepathy, bubbling, and ripple of colors teal, seafoam, and forest greens.
Mr. Green comes from a world which inter-dimensional travelers call “Primorder.” Primorder is an inter-dimensional nexus point, and center of an advanced civilization of gelatinous creatures. His species is called “plasm” (or plural “plasms”), an advanced lifeform which has developed mystic capabilities. Mr. Green caught a ride with a traveling shifter to explore the megaverse for a time. After traveling for a few years through portals and rifts, Mr. Green purchased his own small spacecraft. While exploring space, his little ship encountered a uncharted cloud of violent radioactivity.
With his own spacecraft destroyed, Mr. Green was stranded off the coast of Bermuda. He was rescued by the U.S. Navy but imprisoned in a secret research facility near Gulf Breeze, Florida. Mr. Green can function just fine in earth's atmosphere, but the air from his own homeworld would be poisonous to humans.
Mr. Green is content to rest and be studied for now, but he hopes to be freed before too much longer. He feels that he soon will reproduce through budding. The resulting bud will be a smaller version of Mr. Green and will remain a creature of only animal intelligence for a period of roughly six earth years. He doesn't, however, think of this new creature as a copy of himself as much as he considers it to be his child. He doesn't want his child to be birthed in custody and never know the freedom of oozing over an alien world under an open sky.
In hope of finding help and liberation, Mr. Green reached out telepathically. Another non-human mind responded to his call. She was Lady Teapot, queen of the Court of Tarot. If the Court can locate Mr. Green and rescue him, he will be invited to join the Court as the new Star Card of the Major Arcana. If a human-lead faction like the Lazlo Agency were to rescue Mr. Green, he would be thankful but much slower to trust them. Mr. Green is not a powerful creature like some demon or dragon, but he has extensive knowledge of alien species and cultures. He also has limited knowledge of alien technology. He might be an invaluable asset to any faction's rise in power.

Alignment: Aberrant, Mr. Green is a good guy by its own standards, but his ethics and morality are completely alien and confusing to any humans who try to understand him.
Attributes: I.Q. 18, M.E. 12, M.A. 10 (or 5 to humans until they grow accustomed to him), P.S. 12, P.P. 10, P.E. 13, P.B. 3, Spd. 9
Horror Factor: 12 but Mr. Green is not a supernatural creature. This Horror Factor represents the shock of seeing a huge pile of jiggling goo form move towards you and say hello.
Disposition: Mr. Green is polite and friendly if somewhat distant, but his alien mind and ways of verbalizing his thoughts are perplexing to most people. Mr. Green is perfectly content when meditating quietly by himself, but he also has the curious mind of an explorer and scholar. He is an extrovert by the standards of his own species who prefer to live as hermits and have no interest in seeing new worlds or meeting aliens.
Age: About 150 in earth years, Size: 20 cubic ft. (0.57 cubic meters)
Experience: 10th Level Mystic (a psychic-mage with powers similar to a latent psychic/academic)
Hit Points: 33, S.D.C.: 80
Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: Mr. Green has had no contact with the Lazlo Society. If he encounters them, he will be polite and kind until they give him reason to believe that they might pose a threat to him. He is always cautious around new humans because his experiences with humans have thus far been mixed – humans saved him from being eaten by sharks in the ocean, but they imprisoned him also.
Skills of Note: Biology 96%, Chemistry 98%, Genetics 66%, Languages: Primordian 99%, Fearie-speak 86%, Elven-Dragonese 81%, English 56%, and a few others at 25%; Literacy: Primordian & Elven-Dragonese both at 86%, Escape Artist 86%, Lores: Magic 86%, Demons & Monsters 91%, Aliens & UFOlogy 98%, Geomancy & Ley Lines 98%, Meditation 86%, Swim 98%, Prowl 81%, Gelatinous Wrestling (equivalent bonuses to Hand to Hand: Basic but without hands).
Species Powers: Mr. Green has no natural sensory organs but instead perceives the world entirely through clairvoyance. Mr. Green can turn intangible but not invisible and remain in that state for 20 hours per day. This is the primary natural defense against predators of all plasms, and they are immune to normal weapons and physical attacks while in this form. He is a shape-changer who can alter his body into a cube, sphere, humanoid form with arms and hands or any other shape and hold that form for 10 hours at a time before he needs to stop and rest. Mr. Green can also possess humans and other biological creatures by becoming intangible, overlapping his body over the victim's body, and changing his shape to fit completely inside the victim. The victim gets a roll to save vs. possession, but a -2 penalty is applied to that roll. If the roll fails, Mr. Green's mind will dominate the victim's personality and have complete control of the body. This is not a stealthy possess as a possession entity might perform; Mr. Green's possession technique creates an ectoplasmic sheen over the victim's body which glows slightly green. If the victim is killed while Mr. Green is possessing, Mr. Green will die also.
Bonuses: Must roll a 10 or higher to save vs psionics (or 12 or higher vs psychic illusions), +2 to save vs magic (or +0 vs magic illusions), +3 to save vs possession, +8 to save vs Horror Factor, 6 attacks per melee round, +1 to strike and disarm, +4 to pull punch, +2 to dodge, body block/tackle attack for 1D6+2 damage + victim loses initiative and one attack, can not roll with impact, critical strike on a natural 19 or 20.
P.P.E.: 73, I.S.P.: 18 (x2, x4, x6, x10) Note! Mr. Green does not, himself, count as a supernatural being who will cause the I.S.P. reserves of other psychics to resonate when he is nearby. He is an alien mortal, not a demon nor entity.
Psionics: Clairvoyance which is continuous and costs no I.S.P., Exorcism (10 I.S.P.), Sixth Sense (2 I.S.P.), Total Recall (3 I.S.P.), Telepathy (4 I.S.P.), Telepathic Projection (4 or 12 I.S.P.), Read Dimensional Portal (6 I.S.P.), Sense Dimensional Anomaly (4 I.S.P.), Psychic Literacy (7 I.S.P.), Mind Block (4 I.S.P.), Leidenfrost Effect (2 I.S.P.), Biofeedback (a.k.a. Bio-regeneration of 1 hit point or 1D6 S.D.C. per hour, 8 I.S.P.), Sense Evil at a range of 600 ft. (183m, 2 I.S.P. for a clear picture or no cost for a vague sense of trouble), and Open Oneself to the Supernatural as per the Sensitive Psychic ability.
Magic: Decipher Magic (4 P.P.E., from Page 189 of Palladium Fantasy RPG®), Chameleon (6), Turn Dead (6), See Aura (6), Tongues (12), Globe of Daylight (2), Negate Poison/Toxin (5), Magic Net (7), Trance (10), Time Slip (20), can draw extra I.S.P. and P.P.E. from ley lines and places of magic. These are spells which Mr. Green has learned intuitively through his psychic connection to the megaverse, but he can also learn and teach spells in the usual manner.
Discorporation: If Mister Green is killed, he will break down into a green slimy liquid. Analysis of the liquid would reveal it to be nothing more than common body fluids like stomach acid and bile.
Savings and Equipment: none.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

At last, we learn Robert Mach's dark secret!

Director Robert Mach
Robert first met Victor Lazlo in 1980. At that time, Robert was counseling people who had experienced traumatic events. Victor referred more and more of the victims of supernatural attacks to Robert, and the two began to correspond about these cases, each benefiting from the research and insights of the other. Victor counted Robert among his allies. He even trusted Robert enough to make his friend responsible for managing Victor's finances and licensing deals. When Victor vanished in 1984, Robert was among Victor's allies who gathered to form the Lazlo Agency. Robert quit his own practice and concentrated his energy on growing the Agency.
Robert has excellent skills of organization. Under his management, the Lazlo Agency swelled in membership, gaining agents and contacts in every country. Robert himself remained off the front lines of the fight against other-worldly evil. He realized that he was more valuable as a manager. Robert masterfully matched agents with complementary skills and personalities, thus creating investigation teams in every corner of the world. He also created the Lazlo Society in 1994 to be a more inclusive social group for recruiting perspective agents and educating the curious.
Robert's vision of the Agency is a little complex. He strives to educate and protect the public. He also realizes that the public could turn against him and the Agency if the group gains too much attention. Worse, the Agency could be targeted directly by one of the more cunning supernatural evils. He fears this may have been the fate of his friend Victor. His greatest challenge has been balancing the Agency between secrecy and heroics.
Robert is a quiet and patient man. He doesn't have Victor Lazlo's talent as a speaker, recruiter and visionary. He does, however, understand how people think, act and react. He has a good sense of which skeptics he can reach and how to reason with them.
Robert knows, perhaps more than any other person alive, just how much supernatural evil is active in the world. Although he delegates much of his work away to senior agents, he reads about dozens of supernatural cases every day in their field reports. He also knows about evil humans who would sell all mankind to those evils just for a little more power. He suspects that even greater evils are on the fringes of this world, waiting to break in. He has been managing this stress extremely well, but it has taken its toll. His Mental Endurance used to be 20.
What others don't know about Robert – what even other agents don't know – is that he has a secret hobby. It helps him escape from the worry and pressure of his everyday life. Robert writes a series of sappy romance novels under the pen name Rose Ferkelberger.

Aliases: Robert is “Rose Ferkelberger” to literature fans. He is “RJM-84” on the Lazlo Society website. when communicating covertly with different agents, he uses various codenames like “Monarch Butterfly” or “Mach One.” When using with his favorite agents, he likes to use the names of characters from Edgar Allen Poe stories like Prince Prospero, Fortunato, Monsieur Dupin, M. Valdemar, Pluto, and Madeline Usher. He reserves the codename “Roderick Usher” for himself. Mostly, he prefers using his own name whenever he feels it is safe. Some of the younger agents have taken to calling him and “Grandpa Mack.”
Alignment: Principled.
Level of Experience: 10th level Parapsychologist.
Attributes: I.Q. 17, M.E. 10, M.A. 17, P.S. 9, P.E. 10, P.P. 5, P.B. 10, Spd. 12.
Hit Points: 46, S.D.C.: 20, Armor: Concealed vest (A.R. 10, S.D.C. 50).
Bonuses: Rolls a 15 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, +7 on Perception Rolls, +3 to save vs Horror Factor and hypnosis, +2 to save vs all magic, +2 to save vs possession, +1 to save vs mind altering drugs, 2 attacks and 5 non-combat actions per melee round, +1 to dodge.
P.P.E.: 1, Magic: Understands the principles of magic, can identify and interpret magic with 90% proficiency, and can read magic from scrolls and books or assist in rituals with 72% proficiency
Psionics: None, Robert is closed to the supernatural and can not use psi-devices. He understands the principles of psionics, can recognize real psionic ability with 90% proficiency, and he can recognize mind control or possession with with 80% proficiency.
Skills of Note: Anthropology 98%, Computer Operation 98%, Cryptology 86%, Lore skills at minimum 86% (Cults & Secret Societies, Demons & Monsters, Entities & Ghosts, Magic, Mythology, Paranormal & Psionics, and Superstitions), Parapsychology 98%, Philosophy 91%, Public Speaking 50%, Psychology 86%, Research 91%, Swimming 50%, no Hand to Hand combat training, W.P. Rifles (+5 to strike), Shotguns (+4 to strike), and Handguns (+5 to strike).
Money and Equipment: Robert lives a modest life style with only $24,000 in the bank and a small apartment. He manages the estate of Professor Victor Lazlo, however, which includes royalties on several books that continue to sell well even decades after the professor disappeared. Beyond that, many Lazlo agents have left their inheritance and equipment to the Agency in their wills. The bulk of that wealth goes towards maintaining the Lazlo Agency office and business expenses, but Robert does pay salaries to himself and the rest of the office staff. As director of the Agency, Robert has access to many items which have been donated or bequeathed to the Agency including talismans, magic scrolls, amulets, psi-devices, special sensory equipment, and a few magic weapons.
He prefers to remain unarmed when traveling because of his respect for the law, and weapon laws vary so much from state to state or country to country. Instead, he travels with other agents and trusts their skills for predicting trouble and dealing with it. If he is expecting trouble, he carries a .38 Ruger Revolver (6 bullets, 164 ft or 50m range, 2D6 damage) and/or a 12 Gauge Ithaca Shotgun (5 shot magazine, 200 ft or 61m range, 4D6 damage) with a variety of shells and bullets including silver, copper, and incendiary shot.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Rumble in the Pasteur was Great.
You Balance the story and the Npc,s very well.

Your a Great Writer lord Z,a real talent,I been having Problems coming up with good stuff,so I use your until I do,I hope you have no Problem with this?

I hope you show more of your Stuff here.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

GahaHahA! Head growing painfully big.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here are the requested NPCs from the Dark Astrology adventures. I only have the first two (of probably five) adventures written, but my three adventures do include six NPCs. I will begin with the April Fool and end with Burnside, one post per character. Some of these characters are a bit too out there for many BtS campaigns, especially using second edition. I'll try to clean up any references made to other parts of the adventures not seen here, but I am likely to miss some spots here or there.

The April Fool
Other names: Pepe Goodeau (real name), Charles Mezmer (current alias), and Astrocutioner S2.
Legal Status: He's an ex-convict who served prison time in Europe for assault. It was while serving time in prison that he met Deni, a fellow spellcaster. He is in the United States of America legally but using a false name.
Titles: Pepe is an Astrocutioner for the Cult of the Last Day.
Description: Pepe is a short, thin and unattractive man. He has a long nose, wild eyes, and a receding hair line which he usually covers with a hat. He wears a green suit, sneakers, gloves, and a crazy necktie (he has a collection) when he goes out. His laugh is as distinctive as it is creepy. He speaks with a thick French Canadian accent.
Background: Pepe was in legal trouble frequently when he was a child. When he turned seventeen, he took a job as a rodeo clown. For a short time, he appeared to be turning his life around, but then he received a head injury from a bull. Pepe's body recovered quickly, but his mind began growing insanely violent as a result of brain trauma. He killed another clown in a fit of rage and fled the country. Not long afterward, Pepe was in France when he found an instructional book written by a mystic mime which taught Pepe how to control Ludicrous Magic. Pepe again got into trouble and was imprisoned on assault charges. In prison, he met the assassin Deni who came to know as a mentor. To Deni, Pepe was a useful tool. Deni taught him new and more deadly spells as well as the finer points of the assassination trade. After they were both released, Deni sent Pepe to the United States to establish a cover identity. Soon afterward, Deni arrived with Galatea whom he gave to Pepe as a present. Pepe has been carrying out Deni's contract to kill people born on April 1st, and Pepe receives half of the profits. Pepe has no knowledge of reverse astrology nor anything about the conspiracy – and he doesn't care to know any of that. Pepe is a deeply disturbed criminal who enjoys killing and thinks of himself as a brilliant artist.
Disposition: Mean and arrogant. He thinks that he is hilarious. His ambition is to develop his craft well enough that he can kill Deni and then become a world-famous public executioner. Pepe has a live-in girlfriend, but he doesn’t love her. He tells her that he loves her, and he keeps her around because she is pretty and because her healing abilities are useful to him.
Experience: 1st Level Ludicrous Mage (from RifterTM # 9 ½).
Alignment: Diabolic.
Hit Points: 13, Personal S.D.C.: 29.
Height: 5 feet, 7 inches (1.7m), Weight: 115 pounds (51 kg), Age: 24.
Attributes: I.Q. 9, M.A. 14, M.E. 12, P.S. 8, P.P. 14, P.B. 7, all others 10.
Special Abilities of Note: Unnerving Laugh (costs 8 P.P.E. to use, range of 30 feet/9 meter, all who hear it must roll to save vs. temporary insanity at 16 or higher, failed saving throws result in -3 to all combat rolls, -2 attacks per melee & -20% to skill rolls for 5 melees rounds), access to Ludicrous Magic and standard magic spells both.
Combat: 3 attacks per melee round, +2 to strike, +4 to roll with impact, kick attack 1D8, and W.P. bonuses.
Skills of Note: Fluent and literate in French 98%, and English 70%, Acrobatics, Backflip 75%, Basic Climb 45%, Sense of Balance 65%, Gymnastics, Basic Prowl 40%, Escape Artist 40%, W.P. Knife (+1 to parry & strike when thrown), W.P. Blunt (+1 to strike & parry), W.P. Paired Weapons, W.P. Targeting (+2 to strike), Hand to Hand: Assassin.
P.P.E.: 50, Spell List: Never Ending Handkerchief (2), Cream Pie (2 for no damage), Alter Physical Features (4), Energy Bolt (5 for 4D6 damage), Blue Water Balloon (5 for no damage), Invisibility: Simple (6), Concealment (6), Blind (6), Trampoline (6 to break a fall and/or leap 20' high), Water Dump (8 for 5 gallons), Charm (12), Exploding Pie (12 for 1D6 damage), Red Water Balloon (15 for 5D6 plasma damage) and Lemon Meringue Pie (20 for 4D6+2 acidic damage).
Weapons: Pepe can magically summon weapons like water balloons and pies (see Spell List for cost and types, use W.P. Targeting bonuses when throwing) or hundreds of handkerchiefs to use as a garrote, so he doesn't carry else much in the way of weapons. At Deni's insistence, Pepe does carry a small pocket knife (1D4 damage). One final trick he keeps up his sleeve (actually under his gloves) is a special hand buzzer which delivers electrical shock from a stun gun hidden farther up his arm. Victims of the buzzer must roll a save vs. stun (15 or higher, P.E. bonuses apply) or be immobilized for one melee round.
Equipment: Pepe owns small practical joke store full of gags like whoopee cushions and plastic doggie droppings. His apartment is very sparse. In his sock drawer, he keeps the licenses or other picture ID of his latest victims. This is how he confirms the birth date of his victims. The IDs from his less recent kills have been turned over to Deni already. His mobile phone has only one number in it. That number is labeled, “Astrocutioner S” and rings Deni's mobile phone. He has about $4000 hidden in a small lock box in the store. His wallet has only a business card for his store, a fake ID under the name Charles Mezmer, and $50 in cash.
Last edited by Lord Z on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The Magician
Other names: Deni Charboneau (real name), the Magician (street nickname), Pierre Mezmer (current alias), and Astrocutioner S (to other assassins in the network).
Description: He is a good-looking Frenchman with short, graying hair and steel-blue eyes. He is tall and still muscular. He appears to be thirty to forty years old but in excellent condition.
Legal Status: He's an ex-convict who served prison time in Europe for burglary. He was charged with several murders but the murder charges were dropped due to a lack of physical evidence. He is in the United States of America illegally.
Titles: Deni is an Astrocutioner for the Cult of the Last Day.
Background: Deni was born and raised in France. He is a professional assassin, trained in both combat and arcane spellcasting. When we last saw Deni (in the original Boxed NightmaresTM sourcebook), he was working with a pair of thieves. They all got caught, and the team fell apart by blaming each other. After Deni served his time, he started freelancing as an assassin and working alone. His collection of spells he uses is a little more targeted to his uses than before, but his physical toughness has decreased slightly due to age. He was recruited by the cult shortly before coming to Saint Louis.
Disposition: Deni has grown even more bitter and anti-social due to his prison experience. He has business-like attitude to killing and no sympathy for anyone. He kills for money now, not sadism. His only joy is the pride he takes in doing his job well. He can still turn on the charm when it benefits him, but he is usually a grump. He does not want to return to prison, so he will attempt to flee if a fight is not going well for him. If badly wounded, he will phone (or use the Calling spell) to summon his Galatea to help him. He will not fight to the death if he can avoid it.
Experience: 6th Level Arcanist-Assassin.
Alignment: Miscreant.
Hit Points: 40, Personal S.D.C.: 47, Age: 36.
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.A. 19, M.E. 13, P.S. 18, P.P. 14, P.E. 18, P.B. 16, Spd. 12.
Combat: 6 attacks per melee round, paired weapons, +2 to initiative, +2 to strike, +3 to parry & dodge, +2 to entangle, +3 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, Karate Punch (2D4+7 damage), Karate Kick (2D6+7 damage), Backhand Strike (1D6+7 damage), and W.P. bonuses. Deni tries to never use the exact same tactics twice. In general, he likes to stalk his victims and take them by surprise. He starts by casting a spell which gives him an advantage over his target like Chameleon, Concealment (to hide his knives), Invisibility, or Cloak of Darkness. If using simple weapons, he likes to use the Death Strike Spell to focus and intensify his attack. If using his bare hands, he likes to use Energy Bolt first to injure and weaken the victim. After an initial attack, he uses his assassin training to finish the victim. If the victim tries to escape, he might use Blind or Carpet of Adhesion to slow their escape. He always tries to keep about 10 P.P.E. points in reserve so that he can use one last spell like Escape or Levitate to get away.
Skills of Note: fluent and literate in French 98% as well as English & Spanish 70%, Gymnastics, Running, General Athletics, Prowl 60%, Undercover Ops 70%, W.P. Blunt (+3 to strike & parry), W.P. Knife (+3 to strike or +5 to strike thrown, +3 to parry), W.P. Grappling Hook (+2 to strike or entangle), W.P. Handguns (+3 to strike), W.P. Rifle (+3 to strike), W.P. Submachine-Gun (+3 to strike).
P.P.E.: 46, Spell List: Cloud of Smoke (2), Climb (3), Levitation (5), Energy Bolt (5 for 4D6 damage), See Aura (6), Chameleon (6), Invisibility: Simple (6), Cloak of Darkness (6), Concealment (6), Ignite Fire (6), Negate Poison/Toxin (5), Blind (6), Repel Animals (7), Calling (8), Escape (8), Carpet of Adhesion (10), Sleep (10), Charm (12), Energy Disruption (12), Superhuman Endurance (12), Poison Touch (20 to spike drink or food with 6D6 damage, from Rifts: AfricaTM Page 76), and Death Strike Spell (25 to double damage from an unarmed or knife attack, from Rifts: AfricaTM Page 105).
Weapons: Pair of fighting knives made of polycarbonate (1D6+7 damage each, uses W.P. Knife and W.P. Paired Weapons).
Equipment: Deni doesn’t carry much. He has his knives, a money clip with $200 in it, a fake ID under the name Pierre Mezmer with an address to a nearby apartment building, a door key to an apartment in that building, and a mobile phone. He keeps most of his money in a bank account in Switzerland. He drives no vehicles. He has no spell book (if he can't learn a spell by heart, he won't use it). He dresses in a simple manner to avoid drawing attention to himself and never wears armor. At his apartment, he has a collection of driver’s licenses that he has gathered from his victims, all of them born on April 1st. Deni’s phone has only ever been used to connect with four people, the mobster who hired him to come to Saint Louis, Pepe who is labeled “Astrocutioner S2,” his banker in Switzerland, and one last contact who is labeled “Astrocutioner B.”

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Galatea Dontas
Legal Status: Her criminal record is almost clean except for a little jail time served in Greece for burglary. She is a citizen of Greece and is living in the United States of America illegally.
Other names: Charlette Mezmer (current alias).
Background: Galatea is an attractive young woman from the hills of Macedonia. As a teenager, she grew bored with her mundane life and turned to crime. She sampled different criminal activities in a search for the perfect adrenaline rush. Her psychic powers manifested when she saved the life of a fellow gang member from accidental drug overdose. Even Galatea herself didn't understand her abilities, but other criminals were quick to recognize and exploit her. She met Deni when he came to Athens for the assassination of a woman who was the leader of Galatea's own gang. Galatea befriended him and ran away with him.
She didn't realize until later that the international charmer was also exploiting her. At first, he used her as bait to lure targeted young men away from crowds where he can assassinate them more discreetly. Lately, he grew tired of her an gave her away to Pepe as if she were nothing but a trinket. Pepe makes her remain at their current hideout, not attract attention, and heal him whenever gets injured. Galatea would like to take a more active role and become a full partner, but these men are much too controlling for this to ever happen.
Description: Galatea is a short slender woman with olive complexion and dark wavy hair. She looks to be in her early twenties. Her eyes have a deep darkness.
Disposition: Galatea is a victim, but even when set free from Deni's control, she will still not be a good person. She has no insanities yet, but she is on the verge of a mental breakdown. Galatea is a true anarchist, and she is only happy when performing an act of vandalism or larceny. She can be bribed into working with the good guys – for a while.
Experience: 3rd Level Psychic Healer-Assassin.
Alignment: Anarchist.
Hit Points: 25, Personal S.D.C.: 17, Age: 20.
Attributes: I.Q. 9, M.A. 14, M.E. 7, P.S. 9, P.P. 10, P.E. 15, P.B. 17, Spd. 15.
Occupation: Hit Man/Assassin (but she is still in training and thus hasn't developed all of her skills yet).
Special Abilities of Note: Charm/Impress 35%.
Skills of Note: She does not speak English, and Deni uses this fact to better control her. Fluent and literate in Greek 90% as well as functional in French & Spanish 56%, Prowl 50%, Streetwise 43%, Undercover Ops 55%, First Aid 55%, W.P. Knife (+1 to strike or +2 to strike thrown, +2 to parry), W.P. Handguns (+1 to strike), and W.P. Rifles (+3 to strike).
Combat: +1 to save vs. magic, +15% to save vs coma/death, and +1 save vs Horror Factor.
P.P.E.: 4, I.S.P.: 15 (x2, x4, x6, x10).
Trances: Miraculous Healing Trance (no I.S.P. cost, regenerates 3D6+3 damage and cleans body), Meditation (restores 4 I.S.P. per hour).
Psychic Powers: Needs a 10 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, Resistance to Magic Illnesses and Curses (half the normal duration and effects), Miraculous Healing on others (20), Psychic Diagnosis (4), Stop Bleeding of Others (4), Exorcism (10), Resist Fatigue (4), Deaden Pain (4), Healing Touch (6 to regenerate 2D4 hit points or 2D6 S.D.C.), Psychic Purification (8), Psychic Surgery (7 to 28), Restore P.P.E. (4), and Induce Sleep (4 but not a form of attack).
Weapons: Deni doesn't allow Galatea to use weapons. She does carry a collection of hypodermic needles. Most of these needles are filled with medicine and pain killers, but two syringes contains a particularly potent snake venom (4D6 damage, victims who successfully save vs. poison have the damage applied to their personal S.D.C., victims whose roll is unsuccessful have the damage applied directly to their hit points).
Equipment: Galatea carries only a few personal items. She doesn't even have a door key because she her instructions are to stay in the apartment whenever Deni is not there to watch her. She carries a fake I.D. Card, and she keeps large a first aid kit nearby.

She doesn't seem that dangerous, but think about it. A healer can be very, very dangerous just by deciding who she will allow to die (or hasten to death). I am expecting to have Galatea to return in a later adventure as a full assassin.
Last edited by Lord Z on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Lina Koers
Legal Status: Her criminal record is full of minor crimes like brawling and minor property damage. She is not currently a suspect of the police in the on-going arson investigation.
Other names: Brunhild (her stage name), Astrocutioner B.
Background: Lina was always a rebellious person, even as a child. Her father, the only family she ever had, was a fire fighter until he was killed when she was thirteen. She was diagnosed with mania and pyromania as a teenager when she was institutionalized. As a young adult, she seemed to be better, but occasional drunken brawls landed her in jail several times. She had a talent for playing piano and string instruments. She was studying music history at a local college and hoping to become a classical musician with her violin. Her music was judged to be mediocre at best. After being turned down one time too many for a job in a symphony, she simply vanished. The research will also be able to turn up a school photograph of Lina. She is a tall and slender young woman with dark straight hair and blue eyes, dressed very prim and proper.
Description: Lina is an attractive young woman with a strong stage presence. Her hair is currently cut short and very bright red. Her eyes are brown, but they sometimes flare orange when she uses her powers (that only happens x4 minor threat stage or higher, when she spends 7 or more I.S.P.). She smells like brimstone all the time.
Disposition: Lina is prone to wild emotional imbalances. She loves one moment and hates the next. She has no control over her temper.
Experience: 6th level Firewalker-Assassin.
Alignment: Diabolic with Anarchist habits.
Hit Points: 34, Personal S.D.C.: 15, Age: 19.
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.A. 14, M.E. 5, P.S. 11, P.P. 9, P.E. 11, P.B. 18, Spd. 9.
Special Abilities of Note: Charm/Impress 40%, Fire Knowledge.
Skills of Note: Fluent in Flemish 93% and French 65%, Aerobic Athletics, Sense of Balance 50%, Dance 65%, Play Musical Instruments: violin 85%, piano, keyboard, electric guitar & turn table 65%, Performance 65%, Sing 65%, Wardrobe & Grooming 86%, Hand to Hand: Expert, Prowl 50%, and W.P. Blunt (+3 to strike & parry, +1 to throw).
Combat: 5 attacks per melee, +2 to strike, +3 to disarm, +3 to parry & dodge,+2 to roll with impact, kick attack for 2D6+2 damage, critical strikes on unmodified rolls of 18-20.
P.P.E.: 4, I.S.P.: 18 (x2, x4, x6, x10).
Trances: Regular Meditation.
Psychic Powers: Closed to the Supernatural, Needs 10 or higher to Save vs Psychic Attacks, Burning Touch (4), Burnt Offering (15, she uses this power to make Burnside go away for a time), Burnt Message(4 or 8), Commune with Fire (4), Fire Omen (7), Impervious to Smoke (4), Resistant to Fire, Sense Temperature (0), Fuel Flame (3), Sense Fire (0), Spontaneous Combustion (4), and Thermal Vision (6).
Weapons: She carries a small can or hair spray and a lighter in her pockets. The impromtu flame-thrower which she creates with these can do 2D6 damage per blast. She also has a cricket bat (1D8 damage) which she carries if she is expecting trouble. She will have the bat handy while performing in case fans try to rush the stage again.
Equipment: She has 3000 Euros hidden in her room in the basement. Her mobile phone has a huge contact list, but she hardly ever answers it. Her contacts include Deni and Raymond (who never contact each other directly anymore). She doesn't actually own any of the musical equipment that she uses.
Last edited by Lord Z on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Raymond Carter
Legal Status: Ex-convict who has served time for burglary and grand theft.
Other names: None.
Background: Raymond is a thief who was born and raised in Australia. He used to be part of a criminal team with Deni Charboneau and his sister. When they were caught, they all blamed each other. Deni and Raymond are sometimes on speaking terms but usually are not. Raymond used to enjoy daring burglary jobs which involve risk and heights, but he has mellowed considerably since he went to prison. Now he prefers his roll as a criminal mastermind who is training Lina as his own apprentice.
Description: He still has his long, sandy brown hair, now longer than ever and held in a tight pony tail. He has put on a little weight, but his build is still more muscular than not. He is a little wiser than when we last saw him, but he's also a touch weaker and slower.
Disposition: He is witty, confident, clever, and sometimes too quick to crack a joke. Unfortunately for him, he is not as manipulative as he thinks that he is.
Experience: 6th level Physical Psychic-Assassin.
Alignment: Miscreant.
Hit Points: 38, Personal S.D.C.: 40, Age: 35.
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.A. 9, M.E. 12, P.S. 10, P.P. 17, P.E. 18, P.B. 13, Spd. 13.
Special Abilities of Note: +2 to Save vs. Magic, Poison, and Horror Factor; +5 to Save vs. Possession; +6% to Save vs. Coma/Death, and Levitation Enhanced.
Skills of Note: Fluent in English 98%, French 70, and Spanish 70, Hand to Hand: Martial Arts, Mechanical Engineer 85%, Locksmith 70%, Acrobatics, Climbing 98%, Body Building, Prowl 83%, Pick Pockets 65%, W.P. Chain (+2 to strike, +1 to parry), W.P. Knife (+2 to strike, +3 to parry, +3 to throw), and W.P. Handguns (+3 to strike).
Combat: 5 attacks per melee round, +2 to strike, +4 to parry & dodge, +5 to roll with impact, Leap Kick (3D8 but requires two melee attacks), Critical Strike on unmodified 18-20.
P.P.E.: 6, I.S.P.: 16 (x2, x4, x6, x10).
Trances: Standard Meditation, Yoga Style Relaxation, Curative Trance, and Complete Closed Mind Trance.
Psychic Powers: Closed to the Supernatural, Needs 10 or higher to Save vs Psychic Attacks, Electrokinesis (varies), Impervious to Cold (2), Impervious to Fire (4), Resist Fatigue (4), Levitation (varies, ½ normal cost), Mind Block (4), Summon Supernatural Strength (5), and Total Recall (3).
Weapons: Nunchakus (1D8), bowie knife (1D6), kyoketsu-shogi (1D8 damage and helps with climbing), and .22 pistol (1D6 damage, 6 bullets) carried in a wallet holster in his pocket.
Equipment: He has a bank account in Switzerland where he keeps about 10,000 Euros. Another 500 Euros are kept in his wallet. Actually, the majority of his wealth in invested in his nightclub. His only other noteworthy possession to this game is his mobile phone.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Excerpt from adventure: [quote]If they instead search the building, they will find the arsonist – but it isn't who they think that it is. Inside the actual theater room, floating above the seats and in front of the screen, is a minor fire elemental. The energy being has crafted its appearance to look like a man made of fire (but did not do good job of it). In particular, it looks and sounds like a weeping man. The alien creature is genuinely depressed. If the investigators simply attack the creature, it will fly away by burning a hole through the ceiling, turning invisible, zooming off at a Speed Attribute of 70. If the investigators try to communicate with it, the language barrier will be difficult to break. It speaks the language of fire elementals, but simple communication can be established through telepathy. Some details of its story can be learned through empathy. An Autistic Savant or someone under the spell Tongues can translate. Lacking these powers, the gamemaster might feel helpful and let the elemental speak a human language (probably Flemish) by using the Tongues of Flame spell. If the language barrier is breeched, the creature be eager to tell its tale of woe. The creature's name name in its own tongue is roughly pronounced as sizzle-sizzle-hiss-crackle-flash. That translates as Burnside or Sideburn (the order or words doesn't matter much in its own language as all those components from sizzle to flash are expressed simultaneously). Burnside is lovesick. It noticed the human with power to understand and command flames soon after arriving in this world. Burnside followed this human for weeks and developed a deep but forbidden passion for her. She was unlike any other human it had ever encountered, smoky and warm and full of anger. The human, however, would have nothing to do with Burnside and repeatedly rejected his declarations of love. Try as it might, Burnside could not understand why the human was rejecting his affection. Burnside had set fire to this theater and then destroyed the sprinkler pipes as a sign of its affection, but this isn't working. [quote]

Burnside (or Sideburn)
Burnside is invisible most of the time. To those who can see invisible creatures, it appears like a large orange ball of energy. When it wishes to become visible, it burns in a pattern which looks vaguely like a 5 foot (1.5m) tall man with huge sideburns. Unlike most fire elementals, Burnside burns blue like gas flame instead of the standard orange or yellow like a wood flame. Its eyes are two yellow points of light inside the blue. This color makes it very distinctive and somewhat of a misfit among its own kind.
Species: Fire Elemental (Minor)
Threat Level: x4 stage, same as a Poltergeist.
Alignment: Anarchist.
Disposition: Burnside is crazed with unrequited love. This has more to do with him complete inability to understand human lifeforms than any cursed fate. He shifts wildly between joy upon seeing his beloved to deep sorrow upon being rejected again.
Attributes of Note: I.Q. 8, P.S. 20, P.P. 17, Spd. 70.
Hit Points: 100, S.D.C.: 200, Armor: Immune to most physical attacks.
Discorporation: If its Hit Points are depleted, Burnside will disappear in pillar of smoke.
Horror Factor: 12 but only if someone actually sees Burnside.
Size: 5 ft. (1.5m) tall, Weight: 80 pounds (36 kg).
P.P.E.: 100, Magic: Knows all elemental fire spells from levels one through four.
Spells of Note: Cloud of Ash (5), Extinguish Fire (8), Flame Friend (20), Fuel Flame (10), Mini-Fireballs (20), Spontaneous Combustion (5), Tongues of Flame (6), and Wall of Flame (15).
Psionics: None, must roll an 11 or higher to save vs. psychic attacks.
Special Powers: Does not breath, eat, nor sleep; flies, naturally invisible, sees through thermo-vision (1200 feet/366m range), magically understands all languages but can not speak them, bio-regenerates 1D4x10 points every minute, impervious to most physical attacks, +5 to save vs. magic, +14 to save vs. Horror Factor and possession.
Weaknesses: Burnside is vulnerable to magic and psionic attacks, large explosions will disperse its corporeal form and force it to speak a melee round reforming (but no damage taken), water-based attacks inflict double damage, water itself inflicts 1D6 damage per gallon used, and a rainstorm can potentially inflict up to 2D6x10 damage per melee round.
Combat: 5 attacks or 2 spells per melee round, +2 to initiative, +7 to strike, +5 to parry, fire blast attack (6D6 damage, range of 400 feet/122m), punch (1D6), flaming punch (4D6), and tackle (4D6 +knock down).
Allies: Fire warlocks, some summoners, and other creatures associated with the element of fire. Burnside is a moody and not good at following directions, so attempting to solicit its aid is an effort doomed to failure.

mrloucifer

This is another popular pregen at the con games, enjoy gang!

Character Type: NPC and Pregenerated Player Character
Name: Brian Duchamp
Nickname/Alias: Brian's pen name is "Malcolm Witts"
P.C.C.: Ordinary Human
Sex: Male
Alignment: Unprincipled and loving it!
Attributes:IQ: 15
ME: 11
PS: 13
PP: 17
PE: 14
PB: 18
Spd: 20
P.P.E.: 3
I.S.P.: 0
Hit Points: 34
S.D.C.: 29
Armor Type: None
AR:
Armor S.D.C.:
Level: 5
Hand to Hand Combat: Martial Arts (M. Arts Academy)
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative: 3
Damage: 0
Strike: 3
Parry: 4
Dodge: 4
Roll w/ Punch/Impact: 3
Pull Punch: 3

Nimble Wit (+1 M.A.)
Handsome Devil (+3 P.B.)
Observant (+1 Perception)
Entangle Attacks get a +2 Bonus
Body Flip / Throw that does 1D6 damage & -1 action

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 14
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 16
Harmful Drugs- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 15
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 12
Psionics- Base: 15 / Modifier: / Roll Needed:15
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: +1 / Roll Needed: 11
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: +1 / Roll Needed: 15
Coma/Death: -
Illusions:-
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 14

Skills and Total Percentage:
Speak English 92
Read English 88
Basic Math 84
Automobile 76
Computer Operation 87
Creative Writing (Prof) 70
Cryptography 55
Technical Writing 60
Lore: Mythology 65
Lore: Demons/Monsters 65
Public Speaking 65
Research 75
Wardrobe & Grooming 76
Performance 55
Sing 65
Psychology 65
Play Piano 65
Streetwise: Weird 60
Cook 65
Dance (Professional) 70
Photography 55
Jogging / Running -
Swimming 70
Kick Boxing -
Juggling 55
History: Classical Music 48
History: Crime Drama’s 48
History: Horror Genre 71
W.P. Blunt (+2 to Strike & Parry, +1 Throw)

Weapons:
Beretta M92 Auto Pistol: Bonuses: +1 Strike (Laser Sight Bonus) / Range: 135ft / ROF: Single/Burst / Ammo: 5 Clips (75 rounds) / Weight: 3 lbs / Damage: 3D6
Karate Punch/ Strike 2D4
Roundhouse Kick 3D6
Knee Strike 1D8
Karate Kick / Axe Kick 2D6 / 2D8
Leap Kick (2 actions) 3D8

Equipment:
iTouch cell pone, GPS, pricey sunglasses, Rolex
Black trendy trench coat, dark oxford shirt & slacks
Trendy black boots, weapon holster, wallet, ring
Zippo lighter, pack of Marlboro Lights, condoms,
Silver cross on a necklace, umbrella
Messenger Bag Contains: large & small flashlight,
Bottle of Aquafina, Flask of Whiskey (Maker's Mark),
bag of sunflower seeds, notebook, 4 pens, 2 pencils
Digital Audio Recorder, 4 wooden stakes, mallet
vial of holy water, holy bible
Brand new Dodge Challenger (Black) w/ all options
A penthouse in upscale Seattle w/ classy furnishings & belongings
A laptop for his writing (which never leaves at home)

Personal Information:
Height: 6’1
Weight: 180 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Birth Order: Only Child
Money: While wealthy, he only has $500.00 on hand
General Appearance: Generally keeps himself well groomed and together in slacks and Oxford shirts. However he usually keeps a few days growth as it helps his ruggedly handsome looks (at least he thinks so). At book signings he's shaved and dressed to impress (the ladies).
Disposition: A fun loving, humorous, witty & clever scoundrel and a braggart at times.
Family Origin: Of French Canadian decent w/ no recent psychics in the family.
Environment: From a well bred silver spoon family in Toronto, Canada.
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics: They make for great stories…think about it, the psychics only have powers when monsters are near by…what a great hook, ya know?
Sentiments towards Non-humans: They're the stuff that dreams are made of baby. Well, at least of my dreams anyway. Daddy's gotta pay the bills somehow right?!
Goals in Life: To sell more books than that Stephanie Meyer's so called "thrillers". I mean come on… vampires that glitter in the sunlight? I've CRAPPED out better ideas than that!
Insanity: Brian is extremely self indulgent and selfish. As a result, he's a very notorious heartbreaker and womanizer. This isn't intentional, he's extremely foot loose & fancy free.
Psionics: None

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance Up- 1.5ft / 3ft (Power Leap)
Leaping distance Across- 3ft / 6.5ft (Power Leap)
Run: 13.6 mph, 14 melees, ft per melee: 300, ft per attack: 60
Swim: 3.5 mph, 14 melees, ft per melee: 78, ft per attack: 15.6
Bonus to Invoke Trust: 60%
Bonus to Charm: 40%

Character History: See intro page for details

Contacts:
Name: Michael Hoins Occupation: Mayor of Seattle Notes: Brian has gone out of his way to butter up Mike over the years, which happens to be a big fan of his work.
Name: Troy Stadtlander Occupation: Police Commissioner Notes: Another tool Brian has weaseled his way into. Loves having friends in high places and Troy does indeed fit the bill.
Name: Margaret Kehm Occupation: Brian's Manager Notes: One of the few women who don’t fall for his charm & looks. She drives Brian crazy, but she keeps him grounded (to a point) and writing more books.

Special Equipment and magic Weapons & ObjectsName: Pocket Night Viewer Type: Equipment Description: Mini-night sight tool
Abilities: This is a monocular styled item that’s easily concealed and portable. Range 800ft

Notes:
*Brian never goes by his real name in public. Whether it’s a book signing, a date or paranormal investigating, he ALWAYS goes by Malcolm. Its not that Brian's paranoid, he just likes the name.
*Malcolm NEVER takes anything seriously. He will crack jokes, talk sarcastically, showoff, showboat, yanks on peoples chains and anything else that comes off as fun at the time.
*When out in public, there’s always a 5% chance that someone will recognize him. This can be helpful at times while hurtful at others (especially during a paranormal investigation).
*Brian is not a combative guy, he’s more likely to hide when things go melee, watch his comrades and take notes for an upcoming book. But when he has to be, he is a capable fighter.
*Always seems to be cracking a smug smile/smirk on his face.
*Book titles written by Malcolm: Deep into that Darkness, Guru in Blood, Cruel Shoes, The Distance of Hate, Gory Eyes, Tasteful Lemmings, Dinner was Served, She Never Sleeps, Compounded in Blood, Hunger Pangs and A Devil in Pearls.

Brian's intro page:
Name: Brian DuChamp
Pen Name: Malcolm Witts
Alignment: Unprincipled
P.C.C.: Ordinary Person

You are Brian DuChamp… but first off, you never go by that name. You came up with the pen name “Malcolm Witts” years ago and have become a popular writer under that name. Besides, Malcolm Witts is a much cooler name to go by anyway.

But you digress; you are Brian DuChamp, the youngest of four siblings from a well bred silver spoon family from Toronto, Canada. Your childhood consisted of books, manners, and private schools… and one out of three aint so good. You dug the books, but manners and schooling bored you to tears. Your penchant for pranks and trouble making eventually got you kicked out of every school your family sent you to till there was no place left that would accept you. You then settled in for a life of home schooling. But at home you at least had your books and the Martial Art Academy to help break up the monotony of a formal education.

It’s not a matter of a lack of intelligence for you; on the contrary, you are a very smart guy (in both book and street wise smarts). You’ve just been gifted with a very creative mind and tend to manage your learning in ways that traditional schooling methods don’t provide for. Your trouble making trends continued in college. You gave it an honest try at first, but within two years you found yourself in the women’s dorms more often than you did in class. Your natural charms and good looks made your transition from home schooled to social butterfly in college an easy one. However after your two years of failing grades your parents pulled the plug on your college funding.

After getting a taste of freedom at college, going back home was a nightmare for you. Your father now had plans of having you work in his law firm somewhere and work your way up through experience. While this method of education works better for you, you had no interest in learning the laws of the land, you’re more interested in bending them. Eventually you and your family hit a breaking point and you voluntarily left home with a small stash from your trust fund to get you started on your own. Your parents believed that once you realize how hard life really is it would bring you back home ready to grow up and follow the family interests. For awhile it seemed like they would be right.

Your creative and care free ways made you unemployable in the daily rat race. For awhile you were a professional job hopper and weren’t going anywhere professionally. Then one night while watching a mystery drama on TV and aggravated by how poorly written and uninteresting the murder case was handled, you decided to write your own mystery. Surprisingly, a late night inspiration suddenly grew into a novel in a matter of a week or so. On a whim rather than a prayer you submitted your work to a publisher, who happily accepted and published it to good reviews and sales. Feeling like you’ve found your calling, more books by “Malcolm Witts” were written and the public ate them all up. But a few mystery novels later, you were concerned that you’d lose interest in them.

Then after a chance run in with a Succubus and saved in the nick of time by members of the Lazlo Society, you’ve since joined the Society and regularly attend paranormal investigations. However your reasons for joining aren’t very altruistic; you attend to take notes for writing horror novels sewn into the poetic mystery novels your pen name has become known for. Ah, writing horror is so much more fun when you’re living it!
Last edited by mrloucifer on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Let's keep it going!

Here is another generic character, the type I prefer to carry in my folder of NPCs.

Court Guard
Titles and Rank: Only thirteen of the guards are given ranks within the Court of Tarot. These guards take on the identities of the Staff suit of cards in the minor arcana. All staffs answer directly to the Prince or Princess of Staffs, the highest ranking card of their suit.
Alignment: 30% Aberrant, 30% Scrupulous, 40% other.
Attributes: P.S. 13, Spd. 16, all others are 10.
Occupation: Body Guard, Experience: This character is represented as being a 3rd Level Ordinary Person. Other guards vary from first to third level. Most guards had military careers before being hired by the Court. An elite unit of guards called the Knights Errant are 3rd level or higher and provided the best equipment.
Hit Points: 28, S.D.C.: 14.
Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: Varies, most guards consider the Lazlo Society to a be joke. The few guards who have had direct experience with Lazlo agents understand them to be clever and potentially dangerous enemies who are best avoided.
Skills of Note: Athletics, Automobile 82%, Boxing, Detect Concealment 55%, Hand to Hand: Expert, I.D. Undercover Agent 66%, Interrogation 50%, Paramedics 60%, Prowl 55%, Radio: Basic 80%, W.P. Blunt (+2 to strike & parry), Energy Guns (listed in 1st edition, +3 to strike), Handguns (+2 to strike), Shotguns (+2 to strike), and Submachine Guns (+2 to strike).
Bonuses: Needs to roll a 15 or higher to save vs. psionics, +2 to Perception, +2 to save vs Horror Factor, +1 to save vs magic, 5 attacks per melee round, +2 to strike & disarm, +4 to parry and dodge, +3 to pull punch, +3 to roll with impact, karate punch for 2D4 damage or karate kick for 1D8 damage.
Psionics: At any given time, roughly 30% have no psychic powers and are closed to the supernatural, another 30% are minor psyhics, 20% are Ghost Hunters, 10% are Natural Athletes, and 10% are other psychic characters.
P.P.E.: 7.
Money: $100,000 in a bank and another $100,000 annual salary.
Equipment: Tailored suits, body armor (a selection), a normal wooden or fiberglass baton (1D4 damage), .38 Ruger Revolver (6 bullets, 2D6 damage, 164 ft/50m range), portable radios with scrambler features, night-vision goggles, and a combat shotgun like the Prancor Jackhammer Mark 3A2 (10 shell magazine, 4D6 damage per shell of 12 gauge ammo, single shot or automatic fire, 150 ft/46m range). Several guards, particularly the Knights Errant, are capable of using psi-devices, so they are issued stunners, sleep batons, and psi-optics.

If you are interested in stunners or BtS Minor Psychics, you'll have to refer to the Court of Tarot errata threads at Nexus Nine dot net.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Duchamp is a good idea for a character.

hope to see more.
mrloucifer

gaby wrote:Duchamp is a good idea for a character.

hope to see more.

Thank you. Its fun watching people play him based on thier interp of him. For example, at on the open house games I ran, the guy who played him (and if he's reading feel free to add to this)really worked up the womanizer angle and made him out to be a bit of a coward. When a gun fight broke out in the scrap yard, Duchamp climbed in the back of a junked out El Camino and took notes of the combat for his next book instead of fighting the bad guys. Of course in the story the character that seems to strongly resemble DuChamp was the hero gun slinger that saved the day. It was a riot watching him work. :)

Anyway, more is coming as I have time to post them.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

I just have a quick gun note. The Beretta 92 has a fifteen round magazine, and AL deputy sheriffs carry fifteen shot .40 caliber Glocks (4d6), just like everyone else.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
mrloucifer

Sir Neil wrote:I just have a quick gun note. The Beretta 92 has a fifteen round magazine, and AL deputy sheriffs carry fifteen shot .40 caliber Glocks (4d6), just like everyone else.

Shows what I know about weaponry dont it? :P

Info is updated.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks Sir N, I appreciate what you done for me.

Mister Louie, I want you to know that I really dig the equipment lists which you write for your characters. The specifics you add give these PCs a lot of a personal style. I can see why Malcolm Witts would be a popular character to play at a con. He might, however, get annoying in a longer campaign.

mrloucifer

Lord Z wrote:Mister Louie, I want you to know that I really dig the equipment lists which you write for your characters. The specifics you add give these PCs a lot of a personal style. I can see why Malcolm Witts would be a popular character to play at a con. He might, however, get annoying in a longer campaign.

I couldnt agree more... thats why he's never made the jump from pregen to npc at my house. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Mephisto wrote:Ironically, I tend to go light on equipment lists, but put a lot of detail on specific abilities, including psionics and combat skills. It seems like he's the exact opposite.

I do that at times as well, it really depends on the character. Keep in mind that these are pregens designed to get things moving fast at a con or open house game.

Its easier to get personal on equipment while letting them look up the abilities themselves in the book to keep up with the game. I've only got 4 hours on average to finish a tale worth telling so I try to keep it fast and loose.

Ive also found that pregen players attach to things like equiptment and character notes first and once they get the thrust of the character, then they start looking into individualizing the psionics, combat & skills.

I promise that once I start putting in my NPC's you'll see much more details to combat and psionics and whatnot. ;)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The Detroit Dragon
Name: Leroy Wilson Player: NPC Game: BtS-2
R.C.C.: Human Race/Ethnicity: African-American
Level: 5th Physical Psychic Occupation: Athletics: Semi-Pro
Sex: male
Height: 6'8” Weight: 200 pounds
H.P.: 42 S.D.C.: 41

Character Concept: Leroy is a retired martial artist from Blaxploitation films. He uses a technique by which he can combine grappling techniques of Chinese martial arts with the reach and flexibility of ectoplasmic combat.
Disposition: Confident, soft spoken, let's his fists do the negotiating
Quote: “Stop your jive and shut your lips, young bloods. Class starts now.”
I.Q.: 10 # Attacks: 6 STRENGTH
M.E.: 15 +Initiative: 1 [x]Standard
M.A.: 8 +Parry: 5 [ ]Superhuman
P.S.: 17 +Dodge: 5 [ ]Supernatural
P.P.: 14 +Roll w/impact: 8 Damage Bonus: +2
P.E.: 22 +Strike: 2 Carry: 340 pounds
P.B.: 9 +Disarm: Lift: 680 pounds
Spd.: 17 +Entangle: 2 Chi: 31
+Maintain Balance: 3 +Pull Punch: 4
+1 to all Grabbing-Throwing Techniques
I.S.P.: 15 (x2, x4, x6, x10) Armor Type: Ectoplasmic Field
P.P.E.: 1 Armor Rating: n/a
Hand to Hand Combat Level: M.A. Armor SDC: n/a
Favorite Fighting Moves: Ectoplasmic Strike (see Ghost Boxing), flip-throw (1D6 damage, victim loses initiative & 1 attack), Karate Style Kick (2D6 damage), Leap Kick (3D8 damage, costs 2 melee attacks)
Group Affiliations: Lazlo Agency
Insanities: none

Skills
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts
Weapon Proficiencies: none
Lores: Entities & Ghosts
Common Skills: Math: Basic, Language: English, & Literacy
Automobile 78%, Running, Swimming 90%, Gymnastics (Basic Prowl 30%), First Aid 75%, Bicycling 85%, Boxing, Philosophy 60%, and Language: Mandarin Chinese 62%, Tai Chi & Yoga (both from Rifter #7), Performance 45%

Psionics:
Meditative Trances: Restorative Rest, Bio-Statis Trance (5 ISP), Curative Trance, Closed Mind Trance, Standard Meditation, Death Trance (1 ISP)
Other Physical Abilities: Incredibly Flexible and Iron Constitution
Other Physical Psi-Powers: Stop Bleeding (self only, 4), Mind Block (4), Resist Hunger (2) & Thirst (6), Ectoplasm (6 or 12), Demon Punch (3D6+2 including PS bonus against SN creatures including non-corporeal beings, x2 damage against ancient evils, no effect against witches & possessed mortals, 6 ISP for 1 melee round), Dessication Touch (1D8x10 damage against SN creatures, half damage against witches & magic creatures with non-evil alignments, direct to Hit Point damage against ancient evils, no damage against normal mortals, 20 ISP), and Ghost Boxing (20+)

Saving Throws
Must roll 10 or higher to save vs. Psionics
+6 vs. Magic & Curses, +4 vs. Poisons & Toxins, +2 vs. Horror Factor, +5 vs. Possession & Disease, +4 vs. Bio-Manipulation, +3 vs. Mind Control & Illusions, +1 vs. Telepathic & Empathic Probes
14% vs. coma/death

Combat Bonuses when Using Ectoplasm
Range: 65' (half in sunlight) Duration: 20 minutes
I.S.P.: 6 for vapor of 12 for solid limbs
Ectoplam has an auto-dodge against all attacks which target it including multiple and simultaneous attacks.
6 attacks per melee round
+1 to Strike & Parry, +5 to Dodge
Damage from solid ectoplasm: 1 point
P.S. of solid ectoplasm: 4

Combat Bonuses when Using Ghost Boxing
(classified pending a Rifter Article submission)

Background
Leroy was a stunt man who worked in various low budget martial arts and blaxploitation films. He grew restless and began to wonder if all there was to life was clawing ones way to the top of some studio's list of most bankable actors. The peace of mind from martial arts has eluded him (mostly because he was self-taught), so he went looking for it. He quit his job and traveled to the Far East. While lost and sick in the jungles of he doesn't even know which country, Leroy discovered an old tomb inhabited by Haunting Spirits. Lacking any other shelter, Leroy moved into the tomb until he felt better. These Haunting Entities were copying the personas of long dead martial art masters. They taught Leroy their techniques of meditation and combat. Leroy was a fast learner, but it still took him years to comprehend it all, so he returned to the temple several times per year. Decades later, Leroy finally returned to United States. He came back to his hometown of Detroit (a place he had previously hated), and arranged for a government grant that would allow him to work full time training the local children in Tai Chi and Yoga. Leroy has been a member of the Lazlo Agency for years now but mostly in a teaching capacity. He specializes in teaching young physical psychics and other tough-types how to hunt the supernatural.
Last edited by Lord Z on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Buzzard Hastings
Buzzard is an aging and (mostly) respected sword of the Court of Tarot. His ancestors were the founders of the small but profitable farming community of Hastings, Florida, just south-west of Saint Augustine. Buzzard inherited considerable wealth but also his rank within the Court. He has distinguished himself as both a brave agent and one of the best trackers the Court has ever had. The queen tolerates his antics at Court functions to an extent, but she keeps him on a proverbial short leash.
Buzzard has two motivations for investigating the paranormal. First, he feels a responsibility to protect mankind from predatory monsters. Second, he craves the challenge. Hunting monsters or spirits is a thrill to him. For that reason, Buzzard is pleased with his psychic powers, but he doesn't consider them to be a big deal. They are just tools to be used, no more or less important than his gun.
Buzzard's Spirit Guide is Saturiba. He serves as an extra pair of eyes, often noticing things which Buzzard does not. Saturiba has been Buzzard's instructor and confidant for decades. It was Saturiba who taught Buzzard his wilderness skills. As Buzzard has grown older, he has started thinking about passing along these skills to another generation.
Title and Rank: Lord Hastings, the Five of Swords.
Alignment: Anarchist, like most members of the Court, Buzzard believes he is above the law. Even within the internal politics of the Court, he feels that underhanded tactics or violence are fair.
Level of Experience: 5th Level Psychic Medium, Occupation: Survivalist.
Attributes: I.Q. 10, M.E. 14, M.A. 10, P.S. 10, P.P. 10, P.E. 11, P.B. 113, Spd. 9.
Appearance: Tall and scruffy every-man.
Disposition: Easy-going but also cautious. He can be kind and mentoring to youths when he sees potential in them, but at the same time, he can be antagonizing to his peers.
Hit Points: 26, Personal S.D.C.: 20.
P.P.E.: 3, I.S.P.: 24 (x2, x4, x6, x8)
Psionics: See and Communicate with his own Spirit Guide, See Other Spirit Guides, See and Communicate with Other Spirits, Spirit Channeling (5 I.S.P., 75%), Auditory Reading (4), Olfactory Symbols and Omens (3 to purposefully use or 0 as a warning), Spirit Strike (10, 2D6+5 damage to Hit Points), Hear Death Rattles at 50 ft/15.2m, Object Read the Dead (5), Never Completely Closed to the Supernatural.
Other Bonuses: Needs to roll a 10 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, 5 attacks per melee, +1 to initiative, +1 to strike and disarm, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to pull punch and roll with impact, +2 to perception, +3 to save vs illusions, +1 to save vs all forms of mind control, +2 to save vs Horror Factor or +8 vs the Horror Factor of spirits, and impervious to possession.
Skills of Note: Dance 60%, First Aid 65%, Hand to Hand: Basic, Holistic Medicine 50%/40%, Horsemanship: General 66%/46%, Land Navigation 72%, Language: Timucuan 74%, Lores: American Indians 45%, Cattle and Animals 45%, Cults and Secret Societies 40%, Demons and Monsters 50%, Entities and Ghosts 50%, Munitions 60%, Outdoorsmanship, Prowl 57%, W.P. Archery (+3 to strike), W.P. Rifles (+3 to strike), Wilderness Survival 55%, and all other Wilderness Skills.
Attitude towards the Lazlo Society: Buzzard has avoided the Society due to the antagonistic relationship which the Court has with Lazlo faction. If her were to meet a member of the Society by chance, he would judge that individual on his or her own merits. He will not tolerate a Lazlo Agent telling him what to do.
Equipment: Buzzard owns a small ranch on the outskirts of the town of Hastings, a few potato farms, and several commercial buildings in the area. At his ranch, he has a stable full of riding horses and a collection of hunting rifles. He makes his own ammunition. When investigating or just hunting, he carries a hunting knife (1D6 damage), a hatchet (2D6), and one of his many rifles (usually 7D6).

Chief Saturiba, Spirit Guide
At one time, Saturiba was the chief of a small Timucuan-speaking village called Seloy where Saint Augustine sits now on the Atlantic Coast of Florida. It was Saturiba who greeted the conquistador Pedro Menedez de Aviles when he arrived from Spain. It was Saturiba who gave these Spanish a long wooden building to serve as their first fort while they established the town of San Augustin.
In the centuries since then, Saturiba has watched his tribe fade away into extinction. He doesn't dwell on the dead, because he needs to focus on the living whom he can help. One such person is Buzzard Hastings who Saturiba found as a young man and nurtured into a brave warrior.
Alignment: Principled.
Level of Experience: 9th Level Spirit Guide.
Attributes: I.Q. 11, M.A. 15, P.B. 5, and others are not applicable.
Appearance: Even other spirits find Saturiba disturbing. He stands nearly 7 ft tall (2.13m) and seems even taller with his hair tied into a knot on the top of his head. He is strong despite his wrinkled features and graying hair. He rarely wears clothing except for a few pieces of simple jewelry, but his body is covered in tattoos. He keeps his fingernails sharpened to points, and he carries a long bow even though he never uses it.
Disposition: Patient but demanding, he has very high expectations for his pupil. He is easily confused and frustrated by modern technology.
Hit Points: 13, Personal S.D.C.: none.
P.P.E.: 10, I.S.P.: none.
Skills of Note: Camouflage 70%, Detect Ambush 80%, Hunting, Land Navigation 68%, Lore: American Indians 65%, Intelligence 74%, Track and Trap Animals 75%/80%, Tracking (people, 75%), W.P. Archery, W.P. Knife, W.P. Spear, and Wilderness Survival 90%.
Last edited by Lord Z on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Jack Davis
Jack is a gruff veteran of wars against both humans and war with the supernatural. Jack was born in New York City where he was raised in an orphanage. Jack is severely dyslexic, so he never stood much of a chance of benefiting from education even if he could get it. When the Spanish-American War broke out, he signed up with the Rough Riders and went off to find fortune and glory. What he found in Cuba was death and battlefield horrors.
It was during the war that his psychic powers manifested and he met his Spirit Guide. She was a young Cuban girl who he accidentally killed during battle. While overcome with grief and guilt, she came to him as a spirit who only he could see and hear. He thought he had gone mad, but he soon decided that he needed to deal with the situation best as he could, mad or sane.
After the war, Jack chose to travel instead of returning home. He experienced several adventures while treasure hunting through Latin America. He also worked as a mercenary from time to time and earned a reputation as a trustworthy if somewhat grim soldier for hire. Although he did uncover a fair amount of treasure, the big prizes he wanted always alluded him.
Alignment: Scrupulous.
Titles and Ranks:
Level of Experience: 5th Level Psychic Medium, Occupation: Survivalist/Militia.
Attributes: I.Q. 13, M.E. 17, M.A. 7, P.S. 13, P.E. 19, P.P. 9, P.B. 9, Spd. 11.
Appearance: Jack is a short, broad, tanned man with brown hair and blue eyes.
Disposition: grumpy and serious.
Hit Points: 29, Personal S.D.C.: 30.
P.P.E.: 5, I.S.P.: 16 (x2, x4, x6, x8)
Psionics: See and Communicate with his own Spirit Guide, See Other Spirit Guides, See and Communicate with Other Spirits, Spirit Channeling (5 I.S.P., 75%), Auditory Reading (4), Olfactory Symbols and Omens (3 to purposefully use or 0 as a warning), Spirit Strike (10, 2D6+5 damage to Hit Points), Hear Death Rattles at 50 ft/15.2m, Object Read the Dead (5), Never Completely Closed to the Supernatural.
Other Bonuses: Needs to roll a 9 or higher to save vs psychic attacks (that includes the Mental Endurance bonus), 6 attacks per melee, +1 to initiative, +2 to strike and disarm, +5 to parry and dodge, +3 to pull punch and roll with impact, k.o. on a natural 20, +1 to save vs insanity, +3 to save vs magic and toxins, +8% to save vs coma/death, +3 to save vs illusions, +1 to save vs mind control, +4 to save vs Horror Factor or +8 vs the Horror Factor of spirits, and impervious to possession.
Skills of Note: Boxing, Detect Ambush 60%, First Aid 65%, Forced March, Hand to Hand: Expert, Horsemanship: General 56%/36%, Intelligence 58%, Land Navigation 62%, Languages: English 96% and Spansih 60% but not literate in either, Lore: Mythology 55%, Prowl 50%, Tracking (people, 60%), W.P. Knife (+2 to strike and parry), W.P. Handguns (+2 to strike), W.P. Heavy Military (this means cannons and mortars for Jack, +2 to strike), W.P. Rifles (+3 to strike), and and Wilderness Survival 70%.
Money: Jackson has a mere $200 in U.S. currency, but he also has a small trunk of antique Spanish coins. These gold coins he found during his treasure-hunting are worth at least $900 in trade. This means he is independently wealthy for 1902.
Equipment: 1899 Smith & Wesson .38 Revolver (uses W.P. Handgun, 120 ft/36.6m range, 6 bullets, 3D6 damage), Arkansas Toothpick hunting knife (2D6), and a collection of small statues and trinkets which he has gathered from various tombs, lost cities, and other places.

Isabella, Spirit Guide
Isabella is the young girl whom Jack accidentally killed during the war. Jack tries to keep her as happy as possible. She is most helpful when reading for him. Isabella and Jack had recently made a deal in which she would help him during one last treasure hunt. Afterward, Jack was to take her traveling so she could see the world. The reappearance of an old enemy has delayed this trip, and Isabella is not happy about it.
Alignment: Unprincipled.
Level of Experience: 2nd Level Spirit Guide.
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.A. 8, P.B. 12, and others are not applicable.
Appearance: 4 ft (1.2m) tall, Spanish girl with dark brown eyes and long wavy black hair.
Disposition: Positive and curious but also bossy.
Hit Points: 14, Personal S.D.C.: none.
P.P.E.: 7, I.S.P.: none.
Skills of Note: Speaks and reads fluent Spanish and English.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here is another NPC from my Court of Tarot errata...

Girl
The girl is a orphaned and mute child. No one seems to know where she was born or the fate of her parents. Agents of the Court discovered her when she was rescued from the lair of a supernatural predator. Lady Teapot decided to put her to work as lady-in-waiting. The doctors employed by the Court can find nothing wrong with her medically and hypothesize that she has stopped speaking as the result of trauma. The girl seems to understand and read English perfectly, but she will not communicate even by writing, drawing pictures, or telepathic eavesdropping. The extent of her efforts to communicate are pointing and shaking or nodding her head. Even probing her memories reveals no new information. She never displays any clear emotion, and she has a habit of staring at people which is very unnerving. She has been instructed in piano playing, but her music is as expressionless as demeanor.
Alignment: Aberrant, she simply does everything that Lady Teapot tells her to do without question.
Titles and Ranks: none.
Level of Experience: 1st Level Ordinary Person, Occupation: Maid Servant.
Attributes: I.Q. 8, M.E. 4, M.A. 4, P.S. 8, P.E. 6, P.P. 5, P.B. 14, Spd. 10.
Appearance: 4 ft (1.2m) tall, pale complexion, long curly blond hair, and green eyes. Only Lady Teapot seems immune to her creepy stare.
Hit Points: 10, Personal S.D.C.: 15.
P.P.E.: 23, I.S.P.: 0.
Psionics: Like most children, she is latently psychic in that she is sensitive to danger and the presence of supernatural creatures. These powers are not refined well enough to be used on command, not completely reliable, and have not developed an Inner Strength Point reserve. Clairvoyant Flash 30%, Sense Good & Evil 40%, Sixth Sense 60%, and See the Invisible 50%.
Other Bonuses: Needs to roll a 15 or higher to save vs psychic attacks, 1 attack and 2 non-attack actions per melee round, +3 to save vs magic and possession, +1 to Perception, +1 to save vs Horror Factor.
Skills of Note: Housekeeping 45%, Play Piano 35%, Sewing 35%, and Wardrobe & Grooming 60%. She may have other skills and knowledge which the Court simply has not discovered yet.
Note for the Gamemasters: The girl's past is purposeful left blank for you to fill out and use as you need. She may be a spy (sneaky), a dimensional refugee (sneakier), or exactly the traumatized orphan whom she seems to be (very sneaky). When this character appeared in my game, she was eventually revealed to be a Transcendent P.C.C. (from Rifter #1). In a previous life, she had been a tenth level specialist mage in a different world. After her memories were restored to her, she mutated into an elven girl. She still did not speak, but she nonetheless became the mentor of a player character. I made the player roleplay through her training sessions with the girl.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

very Good, Lord Z.
mrloucifer

gaby wrote:very Good, Lord Z.

No joke, the Zster is on a roll!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanx guyz, I appreciate. Understand that these characters are for other projects, so I just happened to have them on my hard drive.

Mephisto, let us know more about your Heroes campaign.

Anna Anderson
Andrew Anderson was the local orange farmer who introduced the Flaglers to Saint Augustine. A century later, Anna was born into a Florida family which has been serving the Court of Tarot ever since Queen Flagler the first. Then again, Anna didn't know about the Court or her family's legacy. Anna was focused on her studies anyway.
To purposefully avoid the stereotype of a bookworm, Anna has always been moderately athletic. In high school, she excelled in soft ball. When she started college, she switched to aerobics because she prefers less competitive activities.
In early 2009, Anna's school was placed on high alert by a series of killings in the town. The case interested Anna, so she investigated and determined a supernatural angle to murders. She built her own team of investigators from other students she knew and lead them to the hideout of the killers. It was during this adventure that she met Lord Buzzard Hastings. Within hours of meeting him, Anna was recruited as the newest and youngest member of the Court.
Motivated by dreams of another life, Anna developed an insatiable interest in history and the paranormal. When she ran out of books to read, she decided to become an archaeologist and study the evidence herself. She is currently studying archeology at Flagler College.
Anna is an amateur parapsychologist, but she is also a Transcendent (from RifterTM #1). She believes that she has been reincarnated from a woman who lived hundreds or thousands of years ago in a forgotten civilization. As a transcendent, she is not a traditional psychic with inner strength points and a selection of psionic powers. These memories return to her randomly as dreams. When she desperately needs them, these memories can also return to her in the form of skills that she once knew in her previous life.
Alignment: Unprincipled.
Attributes: I.Q. 20, M.E. 11, M.A. 14, P.S. 6, P.E. 9, P.P. 8, P.B. 13, Spd. 16.
P.C.C.: Transcendent. Experience: 1st Level Parapsychologist.
Appearance: short, fit woman with blond hair and blue eyes. She has a bright smile and projecting voice which she has perfected on tour groups.
Disposition: Anna is a definite A-type personality, quick to give instructions and take decisive action. She is friendly, driven, studious, and very detail oriented – perhaps to a fault.
Hit Points: 15, S.D.C.: 24.
Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: Anna has not had any first hand experience with the Lazlo faction, and she finds other members of the Court hard to believe when they tell exaggerated tales of how Lazlo agents caused them trouble.
Skills of Note: Aerobics Athletics, Bicycling 67%, Chemistry 67%, Dieting (from Rifter #7), Holistic Medicine 47/37%, Parapsychology 43%, Psychology 48%, Recognize psychic abilities 63%, Recognize mind control & possession 54%, Recognize and interpret magic 54%, Read magic 36%, W.P. Blunt (+1 to strike & parry), W.P. Shotgun (+1 to strike).
Bonuses: Needs to roll a 15 or higher to save vs psionics, no hand to hand combat training, +1 to Perception, +3 to save vs Horror Factor & hypnosis, +2 to save vs magic, +2 to save vs possession, +1 to save vs poisons & toxins, 1 attack and 2 non-combat actions per melee round, +1 to disarm, +4 to parry and dodge, +1 to pull punch, Sense of balance 37%.
Psionics: Anna can unconsciously draw upon the memories of her past life in Bimini (the legendary magic island, probably not the same place as the modern island of the same name). During these times, she can speak Bimi at 90%, read or write Bimi at 75%, and sing at 70%. At the game master's option, Anna may have additional past lives which become significant and provide their own spells or special abilities.
P.P.E.: 10, Magic: Recognize magic and cast spells from books or scrolls at 36% proficiency.
Money: $100 under her mattress. She makes minimal spending money from her part time job as a college tour guide. For most of her expenses, she lives off her scholarship. Buzzard Hastings has also offered to finance her investigations.
Equipment: Dorm room, flashlight, hand-held computer with custom mapping software. Her only personal vehicle is a bicycle, but as a ranked member of the Court, she may use the Court's horses and carriages. Her weapons are limited to a baseball bat (1D8 damage), 12 gauge shotgun (5D6 for buckshot), and her own special formula of shotgun ammo which uses various herbs and chemicals that cause debilitating pain to supernatural monsters (-1 to all combat rolls, can not bio-regenerate for 2 full melee rounds, & save vs pain or lose next attack).

mrloucifer

This is another common pregen in my con games. Note that I dont use the R.C.C. term "Ghost Hunter", I prefer the term "Night Hunter" and you'll find out below. Moses's history mentions a girl named Roxy, I will post her sheet next. Enjoy!

Name: Minister Moses Magnum
Alignment: Principled
P.C.C.: Night Hunter

You are Moses Magnum, the youngest of three brothers in a lower class but very religious family from St. Louis, Missouri. Your father was Southern Baptist minister and your personal hero and you had planned to follow in his footsteps. While your family was poor financially, everyone firmly held a firm belief that “we are a family that’s rich in the heart, where it counts most.” Your family was iconic in both your church and the badly downtrodden part of town it was located. Everyone looked up to your father (and family) for support and guidance in their hard knock lives. As you grew up, you kept your personal promise; growing in god’s enlightenment, dedicating yourself to the bible and in the end easily excelled at all of your schooling requirements to become a Minister (in record timing no less.)

No doubt a sign from god, you began to manifest your abilities as a Night Hunter during your first year of college. In your eyes these were gifts granted by god to give you yet another avenue to serve his will. With conviction and pride, you dedicated yourself to using your god given talents and have combated the Supernatural (another term for “Hell Spawned” in your opinion.) on the lord’s behalf many times.

Your travels as both a Night Hunter and a Minister have taken you far and wide. Over the years you’ve been blessed with a beautiful wife, a healthy and strong family, and a permanent place as the Minster of the “Ashburn Baptist Church” located in downtown Seattle. Like your childhood church, the church is in the worst part of town and you’ve strived to become a pillar of strength the community can lean on, just like your father. Seattle has also proven to be a “hell mouth” where demons of all kinds keep spawning from more than anywhere else you’ve ever been.

Being a hunter and minister for nearly fifteen years now you still feel humbled and blessed to be able to serve the lord and hope to continue for many years to come. Being a part of the Lazlo Society has become a large part of your life since moving to Seattle and recently granted you an unexpected surprise. A new member by the name of Roxy Rowe (a young Night Hunter) has joined the Society. You’ve known Roxy since she was a child (now 19); her family has been in regular attendance at your church since you’ve first arrived. You have taken it upon yourself to train her in the ways of the Night Hunter. Her parent’s believe she comes to the church for advanced bible studies with you, but in reality your church is now also your training grounds.

Your paranormal investigation and hunting methods are just as spiritual as your ministry. You love to recite a quote from the bible as you fire your shotgun or slash your Demon Sword into the Supernatural. You begin and end all your investigations/hunts with prayer and include everyone in the party. The lives of your comrades are precious to you; as you’ve done all your life for god and humanity, you would sacrifice your life without question if it meant saving the rest (or just one member) of the party. Your one wish is that when you meet the lord above, with tears in his eyes he’ll say “Well done Moses, well done.” But until then, the lord has a glorious job for you to perform and you have no intention of letting him down.

Character Type: Pregenerated Character Sheet
Name: Minister Moses Magnum
Nickname/Alias:
Sex: Male
Attributes:
IQ: 13
ME: 14
MA: 19
PS: 21
PP: 19
PE: 17
PB: 12
Spd: 16
Perception: +1
P.P.E.: 5
I.S.P.: 15
Hit Points: 53
S.D.C.: 39
Armor Type: Ghost Armor
AR: 13*
Armor S.D.C.: 24*
Level: 5

Hand to Hand Combat: Marital Arts
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative: 1
Damage: 6
Strike: 3
Parry: 6
Dodge: 6
Roll w/ Punch/Impact: 4
Pull Punch: 3

Mechanical Aptitude: +2 to Entangle attacks:
+2 to perception while hunting the Supernatural
Body Flip / Throw 1D6 & loses 1 attack & initiative
See pg.162 for a list of Martial Art attacks

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: +1 / Roll Needed: 13
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier: +1 / Roll Needed: 15
Harmful Drugs: 15- Base: 14 / Modifier: +1 / Roll Needed: 14
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed: 12
Psionics- Base: 12 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed: 12
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed:10
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed: 14
Coma/Death: +15%
Horror Factor : +5
Illusions: -
Possession: +4
Curses- Base: 15 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed:
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: +1 / Roll Needed: 13

Skills:
Speak English 92
Read English 88
Basic Math 84
Computer Operation 92
Creative Writing 65
Cryptography 65
History: North America 71
Language: Latin 80
Read Latin 80
Research 85
Public Speaking 65
Wardrobe & Grooming 76
Lore: Religion 85
Lore: Demons/Monsters 70
Lore: Ghosts/Entities 70
Streetwise: Weird 70
Munitions Expert 70
Basic Electronics 60
Sign Language 55
Physical Labor
Athletics
Fencing
W.P. Shotgun +2 Strike
W.P. Handguns +2 Strike
W.P. Sword +3 Strike, +3 parry, +1 Throw
W.P. Knife +3 Strike,+3 parry, +2 Throw

Weapons:
Ecto-Slayer Shotgun: +2 Strike, 100ft range, cost 2 I.S.P., 7.7 lbs , 3D6+5 Damage
Ghost Gun- Energy Bolt:+3 Strike, 170ft range, 7 ISP=24 bolts, 4 lbs, 2D6 damage
Ghost Gun- TeleK Bolts: +3 Strike, 300ft range, 7 ISP=24 Bolts, 4 lbs, 5D6 Damage
Devil Sword: +3 Strike & Parry, 40ft if thrown, cost 2 ISP per hour, 5 lbs, 4D6+10 Damage
.22 Caliber Auto Pistol: +2 Strike, 135ft range, Single/Burst, 5 clips(35), 2 lbs, 2D6 Damage
Silver Daggers +3 Strike & Parry, 50ft if thrown, (2) Knives, .8 lbs, 1D6 / 2D6 (S) damage
See Spirit Fist-pg. 51 2D6 + P.S. Damage

Equipment:
cell phone: black jump suit: black leather long coat: weapon holsters
steel toed boots: racing gloves: ammo belt:
wristwatch: silver cross on a necklace: Holy Bible:
Ghost Vision Goggles: fingerless gloves:

Duffle Bag Contents: large & small flashlight:
magnifying glass: binoculars: basic portable tool kit:
butane lighter: 12" silver cross: 3 smoke grenades:
4 phosphorous grenades: 6 wooden stakes/mallet

Drives a 2005 Dodge Durango (Black)
Lives in a 4 bedroom house in Seattle, Washington.
* When activated, Moses's Ghost Armor A.R. raises
to 17 and its S.D.C. raises to 98. Costs 4 I.S.P. to
activate armor for one hour.

Personal Information:
Height: 6’2
Weight: 221 lbs
Hair: shaved bald
Eyes: brown
General appearence: Wears suits with his collar when out in public and always keeps himself well groomed and presentable. Brings out his armor and dark colored clothing/gear when Involved in paranormal investigations.
Disposition: A very good and compassionate man, very spiritual and protective.
Family Origin: Of African descent w/ some known history of psychic phenomena.
Environment: From a lower class family in St. Louis, Missouri.
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics: They are all gifted by god! We are all god's chosen weapons to smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pits below.
Sentiments towards the Supernatural: As far as Moses is concerned, they are the root of all the evils, horrors and sorrows of mankind.
Goals in Life: To continue to serve god and the church, raise his family with pride and duty, and now plans to help train and educate any new Night Hunter he discovers.
Insanity: Some would say that his extreme devotion to god borders on a level of insanity, but don’t tell him that!

Psionics:
Intuitive Weapon Knowledge -
Fire an Empty Gun-pg.51 7
Spirit Fist-pg.51 6
Intuitive Combat-pg. 51 10
Open Locks-pg.105 6
Telemechanics-pg.105 10
Stop Bleeding (self)-pg. 102 2
Deaden Senses-pg.108 4
Summon Inner Strength 4
Impervious to Fire-pg.111 4
Telekinetic Lift-pg.115 6
Living Battery-pg.103 4
Telemechanic Paralysis- pg 106 20

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance: Up 4ft / 7ft(P)
Leaping distance: Across 7ft / 11ft(P)
Run 10.9 mph: 17 melee’s: 240 ft per melee: 48 ft per attack:
Swim: - mph: - ft per melee: - ft per attack: -
Bonus to Intimidation: 55%
Bonus to Charm: N/A
Character History: See Intro Page
Contacts:
Name: Devil Sword Type: Weapon Description: Augmented Large Sword
Abilities: Three crystals are built into the handle, holy symbols are carved into the blade, and two I.S.P. powers the weapon for one hour. Only does 1D10 damage to humans/mortals.

Name: Ecto-Slayer Shotgun Type: Weapon Description: Augmented Shotgun
Abilities: A sawed off shotgun with extra tubing and wires. When activated with two I.S.P, each blast fires a bolt of flaming energy. Only does 1D6 damage to humans/mortals.

Name: Ghost Armor Type: Equipment Description: Suit of fiberglass armor
Abilities: A lightweight chest plate molded from fiberglass. Its reminiscent of the armored chest plates worn by ancient Romans. Color of the armor is grey, armor is trimmed with real silver.

Name: Ghost Gun Type: Weapon Description: An oversized handgun
Abilities: This handgun is oversized and of unusual design and configuration, making it look more like a toy than a weapon. Has laser targeting & an infrared scope built into the gun.

Name: Ghost Vision Goggles Type: Equipment Description: Augmented Goggles
Abilities: Can see the invisible as well as provide the equivalent of conventional passive night-vision goggles. Can also see Ectoplasmic Disguises. I.S.P. : 1 point to activate for 30 minutes.

Notes:
Moses is currently a Minister at "Ashburn Baptist Church" located in downtown Seattle, WA.

Moses has a wife (Emma) and two daughters, 10 year old Kimberly and six year old Sabrina.

Moses has been helping train and educate Roxy Rowe, a recently realized Night Hunter in her late teens. Her family attends his church every Sunday and he has secretly been training her under the guise of taking Bible studies under Moses's tutelage.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Lord Z wrote:Attitude Towards the Lazlo Society: Anna has not had any first hand experience with the Lazlo faction, and she finds other members of the Court hard to believe when they tell exaggerated tales of how Lazlo agents caused them trouble.

Heh. :twisted:

Why doesn't the Court get along with Lazlo?
As seen in Rifter 20
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
mrloucifer

Here is Roxy, the Night Hunter mentioned from Moses's notes above. Enjoy!

Name: Roxy Rowe

You are Roxy Rowe, the youngest daughter in a white collar family from Bellevue, Washington. As a child you were anti social and usually kept to yourself. Most people thought of you as a shy or timid girl, but to be honest you simply enjoyed your company more than others. Your books, notepads, drawing boards and creative mind was more than enough to keep you occupied. This anti-social attitude only increased when you started to exhibit psychic abilities. At first, these abilities scared and embarrassed you, making you feel like a freak. In your desire to keep others from learning about your secret, you began to wear dark and moody “Goth” and “Punk” fashions and developed a bad attitude which worked well at keeping most others away from you up through high school.

Then about two years ago destiny called with a trip to Home Depot with your father while picking pick up supplies for a new deck. Looking around at all the building materials you were hit with a flash of insight and found yourself blowing every dime you had earned in allowance on raw materials. Using your dad’s work bench in the garage you began to build strange contraptions with purposes that were yet unknown to you. In time you understood that you were building equipment that defied logic and yet in your hands these items were dangerous weapons! A few weeks later a chance occurrence had you using your newly created equipment, destroying a Supernatural stalker in your neighborhood. What was once your crutch had overnight become your coolest talent! While still in high school you got a job at the Home Depot, spending most of your paychecks on building materials and preparing for a life as a Night Hunter. Your understanding of your abilities starting coming fast and furious on an intuitive level, urging you to grow your fighting prowess while honing your physical and mental strength.

Just before starting college you took a job as a security guard at a warehouse since the position offered tuition reimbursement and the work interested you in general. This has prompted you to go to Seattle University and become a Security Specialist. You’ve even been fortunate enough to rediscover Minister Moses Magnum through the Lazlo Society. For years Moses has been the minister of your family’s church; what you didn’t know was that he himself is a veteran Night Hunter. He has since taken you under his wing, educating you further about your abilities and the Supernatural. In the process he’s helped you discover a dutiful sense of being while helping your break your anti-social habits.

Your life has really changed these last two years. Where your parents used to worry about you as a child, they have since become proud of your attending college and “bible studies” with Moses. You’ve started taking an interest in people for the first time and while you still haven’t fully shed the dark and moody clothing (you kinda like them now), you have altered your wardrobe with more sensual and feminine qualities. You’ve even gotten involved playing bass guitar in a local grunge band. Most importantly, you see yourself as becoming a savior of humanity and find yourself to be a merciless combatant when confronting the Supernatural. This is your time, this is your dance… and you’re living every moment of it, leaving nothing to chance. Your greatest adventures are just beginning, and you can’t wait to see where they take you.

Name: Roxy Rowe
Nickname/Alias:
Attributes:
IQ: 12
ME: 15
MA: 13
PS: 18
PP: 21
PE: 19
PB: 16
Spd: 23
Perception: +3
P.P.E.: 8
I.S.P.: 11
Hit Points: 37
S.D.C.: 31
Armor Type: Ghost Armor
AR: 13*
Armor S.D.C.: 24*
Level: 3
Experience Points: N /A
Hand to Hand Combat: Marital Arts
Number of Attacks: 4
Initiative: +2
Damage: +3
Strike: +5
Parry: +7
Dodge: +7
Roll w/ Punch/Impact: +4
Pull Punch: +3

Mechanical Aptitude:
+2 Perception while hunting/seeking the Supernatural
Body Flip / Throw: 1D6 & loses 1 attack & their initiative
See list on pg.162 for a list of Martial Art attacks
Roundhouse Kick (3D6): Axe Kick (2D8):
Knee Stike(1D6): Leap Kick(3D8, costs 2 attacks)

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed: 12
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed: 14
Harmful Drugs: 15- Base: 14 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed:13
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed:12
Psionics- Base: 12 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed: 12
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: +3 / Roll Needed: 9
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: +3 / Roll Needed: 13
Coma/Death: +18%
Curses- Base: 15 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed: 15
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed: 12

Skills:
Speak English 90
Read English 84
Basic Math 78
Basic Mechanics 70
History: North America 58
Computer Operation 86
Computer Programming 66
Creative Writing 45
Fencing
General Athletics
Language: Spanish 71
Philosophy 60
Play Electric Guitar 60
Research 70
Kick Boxing
Munitions Expert 60
Navigation 60
Prowl 45
Lore :Religion 45
Running
Bicycling 66
W.P. Knife +2 Strike, +3 Parry, +2 Throw
W.P. Shotgun +2 Strike
W.P. Handguns +1 Strike
W.P. Sword +3 Strike, +2 Parry

Weapons:
Ecto-Slayer Shotgun +2 Strike, 100ft range, 2 I.S.P., 7 lbs, 3D6+3 damage
Ghost Gun: Energy Bolt- +2 Strike, 170ft range, 7 ISP=24 bolts, 4 lbs, 2D6 Damage
Ghost Gun: TeleK Bolts- +2 Strike, 300ft range, 7 ISP=24 Bolts, 4lbs, 5D6 Damage
Devil Sword: +3 Strike, +2 Parry, 40ft if thrown, 2 ISP per hour, 5 lbs, 4D6+6 to Supernatural
.22 Caliber Auto Pistol, +2 Strike, 150ft range, Single/Burst, 5 clips(35), 2lbs, 2D6 damage
Silver Daggers: +2 Strike, +3 parry, 40ft if thrown, (2) Knives, .6lbs, 1D6 / 2D6 (S) damage
See Spirit Fist-pg. 51 2D6 + P.S. Damage

Equipment:
cell phone: black jump suit: leather long coat: holsters
steel toed boots: racing gloves: ammo belt:
wristwatch: silver cross on a necklace: Holy Bible:
Ghost Vision Goggles: Jewelry: Pullover Knit Cap

Duffle Bag Contents: large & small flashlight:
magnifying glass: binoculars: basic portable tool kit:
butane lighter: 12" silver cross: 3 smoke grenade:
4 phosphorous grenades: 6 wooden stakes/mallet
make up & personal items: first aid kit

Novara Bonita Women's Mountain Bike (Dark Blue)

Lives w/ her parents in Bellevue, Washington.

* When activated, Roxy's Ghost Armor A.R. raises
to 17 and its S.D.C. raises to 68. Costs 4 I.S.P. to
activate armor for one hour.

Personal Information:
Height: 5’8
Weight: 127 lbs
Hair: Raven Black
Eyes: Steel Blue
Birth Order: 2nd born of two
Money: $75.00 cash on hand
General Appearance: Typically wears tight jeans & T-shirts (love Ed Hardy wear), studded belts and sneakers and keeps a punk flair to her style. During paranormal investigations she's in a black jump suit, boots, leather long coat and armor (usually all black).
Disposition: Introspective & observant, but impatient, bold and quick to action in combat
Family Origin: Of Irish & Russian descent w/ no known history of psychic phenomena
Environment: From a White Collar family in Bellevue, Washington
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics: Was embarrassed about her abilities at one time, but has since learned to appreciate and even admire her new talents (THEY ROCK!)
Sentiments towards the Supernatural: They have given her a sense of duty and a place in the world. She is learning through Minister Magnum how to survive and combat them.
Goals in Life: She wants to finish college and became a security specialist of sort. She also yearns to keep training under Minister Magnum to where she's secure enough to hunt alone.
Insanity: She is still learning to deal with her natural of being a very anti-social person. She feels uncomfortable in crowds and tends to be quiet and unobtrusive while in one.

Psionics:
Multipliers: Scrutiny x 1 Investigation: x2 Lesser: x 4 Greater: x6 Ancient: x10
Intuitive Weapon Knowledge -
Fire an Empty Gun-pg.51 7
Spirit Fist-pg.51 6
Intuitive Combat-pg. 51 10
Open Locks-pg.105 6
Telemechanics-pg.105 10
Stop Bleeding (self)-pg. 102 2
Biofeedback-pg. 107 8
Impervious to Fire-pg. 111 4
Hydrokinesis-pg. 111 V
Summon Inner Strength-pg.114 4
Telekinetic Leap-pg. 115 8
Charge Battery-pg. 103 6

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance: Up- 2ft / 4.5ft(P)
Leaping distance: Across- 4.5ft / 9ft(P)
Run: 15.6 mph, 19 melees, 345ft per melee, 86ft per attack
Swim: - mph: - ft per melee: - ft per attack: -
Bonus to Invoke Trust: N/A
Bonus to Impress: 30%

Character History: See intro page for details

Contacts:

Name: Devil Sword Type: Weapon Description: Augmented Large Sword
Abilities: Three crystals are built into the handle, holy symbols are carved into the blade, and two I.S.P. powers the weapon for one hour. Only does 1D10 damage to humans/mortals.

Name: Ecto-Slayer Shotgun Type: Weapon Description: Augmented Shotgun
Abilities: A sawed off shotgun with extra tubing and wires. When activated with two I.S.P, each blast fires a bolt of flaming energy. Only does 1D6 damage to humans/mortals.

Name: Ghost Armor Type: Equipment Description: Suit of fiberglass armor
Abilities: A lightweight chest plate molded from fiberglass. Its reminiscent of the armored chest plates worn by ancient Romans. Color of the armor is black and trimmed with real silver.

Name: Ghost Gun Type: Weapon Description: An oversized handgun
Abilities: This handgun is oversized and of unusual design and configuration, making it look more like a toy than a weapon. Has laser targeting & an infrared scope built into the gun.

Name: Ghost Vision Goggles Type: Equipment Description: Augmented Goggles
Abilities: Can see the invisible as well as provide the equivalent of conventional passive night-vision goggles. Can also see Ectoplasmic Disguises. I.S.P. : 1 point to activate for 30 minutes.

Notes:
Roxy and her family attend the "Ashburn Baptist Church" located in Downtown Seattle, WA.
Moses Magnum is the current Minister of the church.

Roxy and Moses have discovered each other through the Lazlo Society and Moses has since
began training her to be a better Night Hunter. She comes to the church where they practice in
the church's indoor basketball court. Her parents believe she is attending bible studied with
Moses, which is half true as a lot of spirituality and the bible goes into his teachings.

She's not as enthused spiritually as Moses, but she does see a calling in her new abilities. Roxy
has now begun to attend paranormal investigations with and without Moses by her side.
–H.P. Lovecraft

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great characters.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I'll have a look at these new characters tonight. To answer the question, the Court of Tarot hates the Lazlo Society. Different members have different reasons, but mostly it is a matter of rivalry. The Court likes to control information, and the Society likes to share it. That alone makes the two groups opposed to each other.

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Lord Z wrote:To answer the question, the Court of Tarot hates the Lazlo Society.

That's okay, the feeling is mutual. Maybe it's just too many years of X-Men comics, but I find it very hard to trust any organization with ranks cribbed from a game. (Black King, White Queen, etc.)
As seen in Rifter 20
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Ah, an X-Men reference. Yes, I remember the Hellfire Club, and I would be lying if I wrote that I wasn't in part inspired by John Bryne's stories.

Lou, I've read through the Night Hunter characters now, and I like this. Is this what we are calling them rather than Ghost Hunters? Why wasn't I sent a memo?!

I enjoyed seeing how two characters from different backgrounds viewed their abilities differently even though they have basically the same powers. I do have one tweak to suggest. Concerning the goggles, you wrote, "can see Ectoplasmic Disguises." Well, everyone can see them. That is the point of a disguise. I think you either meant, "can see through Ectoplasmic Disguises" or "can recognize Ectoplasmic Disguises."

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Am i glad i checked these forums! I'm going to use a bunch of these characters in a one shot adventure next week. Thanks!

Also, i know it's a small thing, but one of Brian Duchamp's contacts is listed as the "Governor of Seattle" i'm guessing that's supposed to be mayor, right?
mrloucifer

acreRake wrote:Also, i know it's a small thing, but one of Brian Duchamp's contacts is listed as the "Governor of Seattle" i'm guessing that's supposed to be mayor, right?

Oh Crap... ya know, I caught that at home and fixed it but I forgot to do so here, so thanx for pointing out my boneheaded mistake to everyone... that was very thoughtful of ya. :P

(p.s... I fixed it)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Remember to let us know what happens, acrerake.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here are two more characters from the Court of Tarot errata. Watch Nexus Nine, because it's an article likely to be posted on the front page sometime this summer. These two particular characters are both real ghosts from here in Saint Augustine. Lucy was frequently featured in my walking ghost stories tour, and Lilly I once maybe met.

Miss Lucy Abbot – Haunter NPC.
R.C.C.: 10th level True Ghost.
Alignment: Aberrant.
Attributes: The True Ghost is a mere shadow of its former living self with a partially intact mind and no physical body. I.Q. 13, M.E. 10, M.A. 11, and Spd. of 25 (17 mph/28 kmph).
Armor Rating (A.R.): Not applicable as it is an intangible energy form.
Hit Points: Uses P.P.E. in place of Hit Points, no personal S.D.C.
Discorporation: If the True Ghost is killed, it will sound like shattering glass and will disperse as a small cloud of incense-smelling gray smoke.
Threat Level: x4; Haunter or Prankster.
Horror Factor: 10.
Size: 5 ft tall (1.5m) and weighs nothing.
P.P.E.: 8, but can hold a maximum of 60.
Natural Abilities: Invisible and intangible, can fly and hover at about 17 mph (28 kmph), it has no maximum altitude, can pass through solid matter (but not energy), doesn't tire but can grow moody if she doesn't take quiet breaks from time to time, invulnerable to physical attacks, invulnerable to most energy and fire attacks except when the attack is magical or psychic, invulnerable to toxins and poisons, invulnerable to cold and heat, invulnerable to disease and illness, does not breath, immune to the Stealing of Psychic Energy attacks of mystics and other entities, can communicate with other spirits, Psychic Mediums, spirit guides, creatures who have the Commune with Spirits power.
Vulnerabilities: All magic and psionic attacks. A True Ghost can not pass a line of salt, dirt, or clay on a floor, not even by hovering over it or passing under it. Any character who knows the living name of the True Ghost can command it unless the True Ghost makes a save vs psychic attack/mind control. Exorcisms and spells which control entities are particularly useful against True Ghosts. Some legends state that a buildings with no two windows alike can confuse ghosts and keep them from returning; that is partly accurate. Asymmetrical artificial structures like a house with all different windows are difficult for a True Ghost to move through due to celestial geometry, so it can only enter or exit such structures on a roll of a natural 20 with no more than one attempt made per hour. The personalities of True Ghosts are as fragmented as their minds, so they are -5 to save vs insanity and many develop full schizophrenia. If using Chi Rules, a True Ghost is considered to be a being of pure, positive chi regardless of its alignment.
Skills of Note: Land Navigation at 80%, Understands and Speaks English with a strong southern accent (to anyone who can hear it) at 90%, Literate in English at 70%, Mathematics: Basic at 90%, Prowl at 90%, Detect Concealment at 25% and Dowsing at 50%. These skills do not improve.
Attacks per Melee: 4 psionic attacks per melee round.
Damage: By psionics only.
R.C.C. Bonuses: +1 to Perception Rolls involving areas she knew when alive, +2 to Dodge, impervious to possession. She has no bonuses to save vs psionic attacks & magic. Without being able to See the Invisible, striking at a True Ghost involves a -10 penalty to Strike. A True Ghost can not parry nor roll with an impact due to its incorporeal nature.
Magic: Lucy dabbles in magic. She knows the spells Befuddle (3), Fear (5) and Mystic Alarm (4).
Psionics: 24 I.S.P. A True Ghost does not regenerate I.S.P. naturally, but she may gather I.S.P. from ambient energy of certain places or living creatures (see special attack below). She needs a 12 to higher to save vs psionic attack. She may convert energy at a rate of 4 P.P.E. to 1 I.S.P.
Special: Stealing Life Energy: A successful roll to save means the True Ghost did not receive any energy. A failed save means the Entity can steal up to 20 I.S.P. or 5 P.P.E. from that specific target. Chi energy may not be stolen in this manner if using rules from Ninjas and SuperspiesTM or Mystic ChinaTM.
Traditional Psionic Powers: All True Ghosts have the following powers at lessened I.S.P. costs: Mind Block (1), See Aura (1), See the Invisible (no cost), Sense Dimensional Anomaly (no cost), Ectoplasm (no cost for vapor, 6 for a solid limb, or 12 for an entire ectoplamsic body for 4 minutes per experience level) and Commune with Spirits (no cost). As a Telekinetic Spirit, Lucy has Telekinesis (varies), Rope Trick (4), Telekinetic Push (4), Telekinetic Punch (6), Telepathy (4) and Mind Bolt (varies).
Allies: Lucy is a prominent member of Saint Augustine's spirit community. If threatened, many other spirits would rally to her aid. Often, 1D6 other True Ghosts are close enough to respond immediately. The Saint Augustine Soul Tree will also rally to her aid, sending 1D6 entities within 10 minutes.
Wealth and Equipment: Lucy still considers herself to the be owner of her mansion, but she has learned to tolerate new residents who maintain the structure for her. She charges P.P.E. from other ghostly renters in order to feed her own needs for energy. She also quietly takes P.P.E. from the human visitors who sleep in her house. If she has no renters at any particular time, she can always travel to the Saint Augustine ley line for a recharge. She prefers to remain at home and entertain, allowing other spirits to bring the nourishing P.P.E. to her.

Lilly – Haunter.
R.C.C.: 5h level Haunting Entity.
Alignment: Anarchist currently.
Attributes: I.Q. 10, M.E. 3, and Spd. of 30 (20 mph/32 kmph).
Armor Rating (A.R.): Not applicable as it is an intangible energy being.
Hit Points: 30, no personal S.D.C.
Discorporation: If killed, she will simply vanish in a tiny wisp of smoke.
Threat Level: x4; Haunter and Prankster.
Horror Factor: 14.
Size: 5 ft 6 in tall (1.7m) and weighs nothing.
P.P.E.: 6.
Natural Abilities: Invisible and intangible, can become visible if she chooses for up to 3D4 minutes, can fly and hover, can pass through solid matter (but not energy), doesn't tire, invulnerable to physical attacks, invulnerable to most energy and fire attacks except when the attack is magical or psychic, invulnerable to toxins and poisons, invulnerable to cold and heat, invulnerable to disease and illness, does not breath, immune to the Stealing of Psychic Energy attacks of mystics and other entities, can communicate with other spirits, Psychic Mediums, spirit guides, creatures who have the Commune with Spirits power or by Telepathy.
Vulnerabilities: All magic and psionic attacks.
Skills of Note: Understands and Speaks English at 70% but is not literate.
Attacks per Melee: 3 psionic attacks per melee round.
Damage: By psionics only.
R.C.C. Bonuses: +1 to Dodge, impervious to possession, +3 to save vs. magic and +2 to save vs psychic attack. Without being able to See the Invisible, striking at an invisible entity involves a -10 penalty to Strike. She can not parry nor roll with an impact due to her incorporeal nature.
Psionics: 30 I.S.P. She may gather I.S.P. from ambient energy of certain places or living creatures (see special attack below). She needs a 10 or higher to save vs psionic attack (bonus already added). She may convert energy at a rate of 4 P.P.E. to 1 I.S.P.
Special: Stealing Life Energy: A successful roll to save means Lilly did not receive any energy. A failed save means she can steal up to 20 I.S.P. or 5 P.P.E. from that specific target. Chi energy may not be stolen in this manner if using rules from Ninjas and SuperspiesTM or Mystic ChinaTM.
Limited Psionic Powers: Empathy (4), Empathic Transmission (varies), Mind Block (4), Presence Sense (4), See the Invisible (4), Total Recall (4), Telepathy (3), Telekinesis (varies) and Ectoplasm (6 for vapor or 12 for a solid limb).
Allies: Poltergeists normally snub Haunting Entities, but Lilly's personality corresponds closely with their own sense of humor. If threatened, other haunters would rally to her aid. Often, 1D4 Poltergeists are close enough to respond immediately.
Wealth and Equipment: none.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great can't wait to see more of your syuff Lord-Z
sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

I really need to find my notebook. I've been wanting to post something here for a while now. *sigh*
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The Court of Tarot Errata has been handed off to Tenchuu for the next update to the Nexux Nine dot net homepage. The Boxed Nightmares 2 program has slowed down greatly due to my own restricted computer access and some the collection of some unsolicited manuscript forms. I've gotten all of the forms except for one now, and that is supposedly in the mail. The computer access thing will just have to involve me kicking my housemate off of my computer.

mrloucifer

Its been awhile since I've posted a PC for you fine folks, so here's another one of my more regularly used pregens. Enjoy!

Name: Peter Hein
Nickname/Alias: -
P.C.C.: Ordinary Human
Sex: male
Occupation: Supervisor or Courier Department at Stronghold Security & Courier Services
Attributes:
IQ: 12
ME: 12
PS: 18
PP: 11
PE: 19
PB: 10
Spd: 21
Perception: +5
P.P.E.: 2
I.S.P.: -
Hit Points: 57
S.D.C.: 36
Armor Type: Hard Armor
AR: 10
Armor S.D.C.: 120
Level: 8
Experience Points: -
Hand to Hand Combat: Expert
Number of Attacks: +6
Initiative: +2
Damage: +3
Strike: +3
Parry: +3
Dodge: +2
Roll w/ Punch/Impact: +3
Pull Punch: +5
Critical Strike Roll: 18-20

Fearless (+2 vs. Horror Factor)
Faster than he looks (+4 Speed)
Tough Guy (+5 to HP & +6 to S.D.C)
+2 to Disarm Attacks
Body Flip/ Throw: 1D6 & loss of action & Initiative

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed:12
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed:14
Harmful Drugs- Base: 14 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed: 13
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 12
Psionics- Base: 15 / Modifier: / Roll Needed: 15
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: +3 / Roll Needed: 9
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: +3 / Roll Needed: 13
Coma/Death: +8%
Horror Factor : +5
Illusions:
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: +2 / Roll Needed:12

Skills:
Speak English 95
Read English 94
Basic Math 87
Pilot Automobile 98
Athletics
Combat Driving
Crime Scene Investigation 85
Intelligence 72
Interrogation 90
Law 95
Military Etiquette 80
Radio: Basic 98
Running
Streetwise: 68
Surveillance 80
Swimming 95
Land Navigation 74
Computer Operation 91
Navigation 85
Wardrobe & Grooming 78
First Aid 70
Munitions Expert 75
Streetwise: Weird 55
Pilot Motorcycles 60
History: Mystery Novels 40
W.P. Paired Weapons
W.P. Blunt +3 Strike & Parry, +1 Throw
W.P. Shotgun +3 Strike
W.P. handgun (Expert) +6 Strike

Weapons: 9mm Auto Pistol, Extendable Baton, Taser, Karate Kick 2D6, Karate Punch 2D4, Backhand Strike 1D4

Equipment: cell phone: VAIO laptop & carrying case: duffel bag, large & small flashlight: pair of sunglasses, ball cap, jacket, 12 road flares: a variety of surveillance equipment, geographical map of current location: 2 pairs of handcuffs & keys, weapon holsters: boots: silver cross on a necklace. Owns a 2008 black Dodge Caliber, a condo and an American bulldog named "Kojak”. Peter keeps a basic wardrobe, mostly styled in business casual clothing and three tailored black suits.

Personal Information:
Height: 6’5
Weight: 257 lbs.
Hair: Black but graying
General Appearance: A towering African-American man with graying hair at his temple. Peter has taken care of his body, though he sports a pugilist's crooked nose, knobby knuckles and scars along the left side of his neck.
Disposition: Comes off as a tough and street smart kinda guy, yet still flexible in certain situations
Family Origin: Of African-American descent with no known psychic family history.
Environment: Was a foster child, grew up in a succession of homes over the years till the age of majority.
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics: While he's heard rumors and stories about them during his tenure on the force, he's only recently become aware of their existence. Currently he’s curious but uncertain about them.
Sentiments towards Non-humans: Again, he's heard rumors and stories of strange and monstrous things on the streets, but has yet to meet something inhuman and he's not sure how he'll react to it. Most likely his protective police instincts will kick in and he’ll fight it.
Goals in Life: Has an envious nature to out do the people he used to work with on the force who had a more privileged childhood. This and his age is why he took the new job.
Insanity: Has a near obsession for justice. Believes in upholding the law as there has to be a way to impose order and protect the innocent from the world he grew up in.
Psionics: None

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance Up: 2ft - 4.5ft(P)
Leaping distance Across: 4.5ft - 9ft (P)
Run: mph: ft per melee: ft per attack:
Swim: mph: ft per melee: ft per attack:
Bonus to Intimidate: 60%
Bonus to Charm: -

Character Notes:
- Has a steady gaze that seems to compel criminals to confess to their misdeeds.
- He's been through a lot in his life, experiencing hardships since before he was old enough to remember them.
-While older than many of his co-workers, he is still physically imposing and in good shape, though he can tell it’s slipping away when he wakes up in the morning with sore muscles or when he gets winded a little quicker than he used to while running.
-Peter spent twenty years on the Police Force and moved through the ranks, but not as quickly as he wanted to. Felt he was constantly overlooked in favor of other cops in the department. Felt that his contributions were constantly overlooked in favor of others.
-Peter has gotten involved with the Lazlo Society strictly on the basis of curiosity and education. He is new to the idea of the paranormal and the supernatural and has yet to witness something he’d label as such. He’s seen and heard of strange things on the force, but never seen anything that couldn’t reasonable explain.

Quotes that sum up Peter’s mentality:
"When your instincts tell you to not go down a dark alley at three in the morning, listen to them!"
"I went to the school of hard knocks, and graduated at the top of my class."
"Some people are meant to be cops, and some people are meant to call the cops."

Special Equipment and magic Weapons & Objects: None of note

Back story:
Peter was the only child of a drug addict who was jailed after her third arrest. He grew up in a succession of foster homes, a victim of older kids who bullied him daily and foster parents who cared more for the monthly support check than the children in their care. He learned to fight back, and then to initiate the fights. It appeared Peter was destined for a life on the wrong side of the law when his case was brought to the attention of a local Catholic priest, Father Gregory, who befriended the troubled boy. That relationship kept Peter from giving into the pressure to join a gang like many of his peers while growing up.

Walking home from his job as a nightclub bouncer one night, Peter passed by Father Gregory’s church and noticed that the side door was standing open, the lock broken. Worried, he stepped inside to find that the church had been vandalized and his mentor attacked. Although the priest recovered over time, that incident had a profound effect on Peter’s life. Peter realized he wanted to make a difference, to be more than just another resident of the city slums. He applied to the police academy and graduated near the top of his class. As a beat cop, Peter gained the reputation for being a tough guy who might be flexible in specific situations but not someone who could be bought.

The next twenty years of his life in uniform flew by as he moved steadily up the ranks – but not as quickly as he wanted. He felt that his contributions were consistently overlooked in favor other cops in the department, and Peter made few close friends, relying on a goofy looking bulldog named “Kojak” for company. Once he earned detective status, Peter became a regular fixture at court, providing testimony in several high profile cases. It was during one such case that Peter was brought to the attention of Stronghold Security. Reluctantly acknowledging that every day on the street might be his last as his body aged and reflexes slowed down, Peter decided to accept offer position of supervising the courier department. Still settling into the position, Peter is the newest hire at the company.
Last edited by mrloucifer on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

I havent done one of these in a dog's age and was feeling nostalgic. So here's another gem from my bag of pregens. enjoy!

Name: Crystal Dravucz
Nickname/Alias:
P.C.C.: Psychic Diviner
Attributes:
IQ: 13
ME: 16
MA: 12
PS: 19
PP: 16
PE: 22
PB: 20
Spd: 28
P.P.E.: 2
I.S.P.: 14
Hit Points: 36
S.D.C.: 58
Armor Type: Vest
AR: 10
Armor S.D.C.: 50
Level: 3

Hand to Hand Combat: Basic (Self Defense classes)
Number of Attacks:4
Initiative:+1
Damage: +4
Strike: +2
Parry: +2
Dodge: +2
Roll w/ Punch/Impact:+2
Pull Punch: +3
Knockout/Stun Roll:-
Death Blow Roll:-

+4 Bonus to Perception when looking for "signs"
Impervious to Negative Energy & Negative Chi:
Impervious to Din Mak /Death Touch
Impervious to Petrifaction Magic and Curses
Impervious to Magical Insanity
+1 to Disarm Attacks:

Saving Throws
Poison: Lethal- Base: 14 / Modifier: 4/ Roll Needed:10
Poison: Non-Lethal- Base: 16 / Modifier:4 / Roll Needed: 12
Harmful Drugs- Base: 14 / Modifier: 4/ Roll Needed: 11
Insanity- Base: 12 / Modifier: 1 / Roll Needed:11
Psionics- Base: 10 / Modifier: 1 / Roll Needed: 9
Magic Spell- Base: 12 / Modifier: 5 / Roll Needed: 7
Magic Ritual- Base: 16 / Modifier: 5 / Roll Needed: 11
Coma/Death: +14%
Possession: +1
Curses- Base: 15 / Modifier: - / Roll Needed: 15
Disease- Base: 14 / Modifier: 5 / Roll Needed: 9

Skills:
Speak English 90%
Read English 84%
Basic Math 78%
Automobile 76%
Botany 60%
Gardening 68%
General Repair/Maint. 65%
Identify Plants & Fruits 70%
Land navigation 66%
Masonry 60%
Rope Works 55%
Holistic Medicine 50/40%
Dowsing 45%
Wilderness Survival 55%
Physical Labor
Aerobics
Running
Kick Boxing
Climbing 50/40%
Water Scooters 60%
Swimming 60%
Outdoorsmanship
Recycling 40%
Cook 45%
Sense of Balance 40%
W.P. Blunt (+2 Strike & Parry)
W.P. handguns (+1 Strike)
W.P. Knife (+1 Strike, +2 Parry & +2 Throw)

Weapons:
Beretta M92 Auto Pistol: Bonuses: +1 Strike (Laser Sight Bonus) / Range: 140ft / ROF: Single/Burst / Ammo: 4 Clips (60 rounds) / Weight: 4 lbs / Damage: 3D6
Knife: 40ft throw distance / Wght: 1 lb. / 1D4
Aluminum Baseball Bat: Weight: 5lbs. / Damage: 1D8
Karate Punch/ Strike 2D4
Roundhouse Kick 3D6+2
Knee Strike 1D8+2
Karate Kick 2D6+2
Axe Kick 2D8+2
Leap Kick (2 actions) 3D8

Equipment:
cell phone: jacket: T-shirt: jeans: hiking boots: wristwatch: jewelry: weapon holster: ammo belt: umbrella: Swiss army knife: gold cross on a necklace & baseball cap
Gym Bag contents: large & small flashlight: first aid kit: bottled water: compass: digital camera: binoculars: box of waterproof matches: 4 flares: bag of trail mix: small shovel (1D6): hand pick (1D4): 50ft of rope & grappling hook: map of Washington State & pocket mirror.
All of her diviner rods are made of wood; has an Oak, Ash, Maple & Pine tree rod available
Owns a 2007 Toyota Prius (Silver)
Rents a modest 2-bedroom apartment in Tacoma, Washington
Beretta has a Targeting Laser attached (+1 Strike)
-A briefcase sized kit that holds a variety of herbs & plants that are useful for holistic medicine

Personal Information:
Height: 5’11
Weight: 145 lbs.
Hair: Long &dark brown
General Appearance: Usually dresses in running shoes, Jeans & T-shirts while working and during paranormal investigations. Tends to wear "Everlast" athletic gear while exercising and other athletics as she used to model their clothing.
Disposition: A paternal and protective woman, to the point of overbearing at times.
Family Origin: Of Hungarian descent w/ no recent history of psychic phenomena.
Environment: From a farming / rural community in Idaho.
Sentiment towards Mages and Psychics: She is fascinated by them; each one has the potential to be protectors of the Earth & humankind in ways ordinary people can’t!
Sentiments towards Non-humans: They are unnatural and taint the very energy of the Earth when they invade her world! She'll stand up to them for mother Earth’s sake.
Goals in Life: Start her own landscaping company, start an organization to support a greener Earth, someday maybe settle down and start a family with lots of kids.
Insanity: Crystal is terrified of spiders, in the presence of Death Weavers she is negative -3 to save vs. Horror Factor against them!

Multipliers: x1, x2, x4, x6, x10
Psionics:

Dowsing- 33%
Reading Signs
Reading Clues- 50%
Palm Reading
Touch Conveyance
See Aura of the Supernatural
See the Aura of magic
Empathy
Presence Sense
Object Read
-Impressions: 60%
-Present: 42%

Miscellaneous:
Leaping distance Up- 2.5ft / 5ft (P)
Leaping distance Across- 5ft / 10ft (P)
Run: 19 mph: 420ft per melee: 158ft per attack/action:
Swim: 5.18mph: 114ft per melee: 29ft per attack/action:
Bonus to Invoke Trust: N/A
Bonus to Charm: 50%

Crystal’s intro page
Name: Crystal Dravucz
P.C.C.: Psychic Diviner

You are Crystal Dravucz, the oldest of three siblings from a farming community in northern Idaho. From an early age you’ve had a love for farming, gardening, camping, adventure and the great outdoors in general. This attitude towards nature seemingly foretold that you would become a Psychic Diviner as you possess many of their common attributes and talents.

Like most psychics your abilities began to develop during puberty. These newly acquired and budding traits puzzled you as there are no known psychics in your family history. But even so, you have never feared your abilities; in fact you learned to appreciate and enjoy them early on.

Self-reliant and adventurous, you had tried college for awhile, but found it to be boring and lacking in adventure. You then tried modeling for a short time (mostly because you’ve been told 101 times that you’re a natural beauty), but found that lacking as well. Through trial and error you eventually found something more your style, working for a Lawn and Landscaping company in Seattle and have since discovered a penchant for flower and plant arrangement. You’ve also started to get involved with various “Green Earth” projects and hope to start your own little eco-organization some day.

You’re still very much a country/nature girl to this day and carry a fondness for healthy living. You take very good care of yourself physically and participate in regular exercise & recreational sports in your spare time. You’ve even found a love for the shooting range and find yourself practicing regularly here as well.

Your nurturing attitude tends to encompass your personal being in general. You tend to be paternal, concerning, protective and at times a bit overbearing to everyone around you. Fortunately people are usually quite taken by your caring personality and say that you’ll make an incredible wife and mother someday. While the idea appeals to you, you’re not ready yet to settle down for something like that for awhile. You’ve still got a lot of adventuring and experiences to have yet.

As a Diviner you feel the natural flow of energy all around you and in everything. Therefore you can see firsthand how the Supernatural taints, spoils and diseases all they touch and you are compelled to do your part in destroying them. You’re not a warrior by any means, but you do practice martial arts, kick boxing and at the local shooting range to hold your own in a fight. Your abilities provide talents like tracking down the Supernatural, seeing & reading signs no one else can see and feeling the natural aura of Earth’s energy just as much as you do the energies of the Supernatural, making you an ideal support member of a paranormal investigation.
Last edited by mrloucifer on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC IDEA!!

I'll have to sit down one evening and create a pre-gen from beginning to end, and post him/her here. This is a great resource!
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

So this is where my version of Robert Mach ended up!

These are more excellent pre-gens, Mista Lou. Why exactly is Crystal immune to Dim Mak?

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”