Murmurs from the Megaverse®

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Murmurs from the Megaverse®

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Is there any word on when or if either Kevin S. or Scott Gibbons will post any more murmurs? the last post is dated New Years Eve 2017 and indicated there would be more, but so far there's been not a single murmur for 2018.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Murmurs from the Megaverse®

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Pretty sure that Scott is no longer with the company, and hasn't been since April or May.

EDIT: Ok, well not necessarily completely gone, he has stepped away for the time being. I wish him, and his family, well.

June 22 Newsletter wrote:NEWS: Scott Gibbons’ departure from Palladium Books
Scott Gibbons has had to step away from Palladium Books due largely to family concerns. As many of you know from interactions with him online or at the recent Palladium Open House, his oldest child was diagnosed with cancer five years ago. Last year, shortly before he started working with Palladium, Scott’s son began a new treatment that brought very promising results. Unfortunately, a few months ago the cancer reasserted itself, and Scott and his family are now having to devote more time and energy to his son’s care. While the long-term prognosis hasn’t changed, the stress and demands prevent Scott from being able to devote the attention and energy toward his work at Palladium as he would like to provide.

Scott remains a friend and confidant, so don’t be surprised to see his name cropping up in news, books and other projects. We wish Scott and his family our very best, and hope the doctors find a new, superior treatment regimen with lasting results for his son. Hang tough.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Sounds like code to me.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

I can't imagine working for a small-time game publisher like Palladium can provide the kind of insurance or income you need to care for an extremely ill child. It's a shame he had to leave, but that's completely understandable given the circumstances. I hope everything is going well for his family.
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

well he does a weekly update via email, maybe that sorta took the place?
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

It's too bad their Twitter feed has gone silent. The last tweet was from around the end of the Open House or thereabouts (April 2018). Not a good sign. I suspect Scott was maintaining that since his departure coincides with when it went silent.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Wasn't aware they had a Twitter feed.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Yeah, it's here: https://mobile.twitter.com/palladiumbooks?lang=en

There was a hot minute where they actually had someone maintaining it and interacting with the fans, albeit superficially. Still, it was fun while it lasted.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Glistam wrote:Yeah, it's here: https://mobile.twitter.com/palladiumbooks?lang=en

There was a hot minute where they actually had someone maintaining it and interacting with the fans, albeit superficially. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

Ah, memories- February 26th was our last post.... Scott and/or Wayne did a few until the Open House, but that is now ended....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Ouch. My thoughts go out to Scott and his family.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”