Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Post subject: Hand to Hand: Archery
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 pm

D-Bee

Comment: In a world where so many people are dead, dying and left to depression; why are you picking fights with ghosts?
So I was talking to a friend of mine that I'm gming for and I asked him why he didn't take hand to hand: archery and he said he didn't know about it. I've spent about the last hour looking for it. But I can't remember where I saw it at. I think it was in a rifter. I know it's not in the giant book of skills floating around the internet. If anybody can help that would be awesome!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:53 pm

D-Bee

Comment: "Graveyard Stuffers"
Honestly there are so many different hand to hand skills that it doesn't even ******* matter anymore which one you choose

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 am

Dungeon Crawler

kaotic_drake wrote:
So I was talking to a friend of mine that I'm gming for and I asked him why he didn't take hand to hand: archery and he said he didn't know about it. I've spent about the last hour looking for it. But I can't remember where I saw it at. I think it was in a rifter. I know it's not in the giant book of skills floating around the internet. If anybody can help that would be awesome!

Are you talking about the weapons proficiency of Archery?

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:32 am

Champion

Greetings and Salutations. Rifter #45 has 2 archery based Hand to Hand styles in the article Of Bows & Arrows. Neither has that specific name, but I'd like to think that's the one you're referring to. The article also has some Archery Proficiencies, as well as new archery based O.C.C. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:56 am

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.
Hi there,

but for Prysus' fine article I do not remember a HtH: Archery.

Just to summarize to my best knowledge: the skills influencing archery, aside from any of the HtH combat training, are W.P. Archery / W.P. Crossbow, W.P. Targeting and sniper as well as, albeit indirectly, some of the physical training skills. In PFRPG the Long Bowman O.C.C. is pretty unparalleled in bow use and effectiveness.

Kindest regards
Hendrik

ImageImage
left: horror art (by Brandon C. Clark); right: "Gents"(by Mike Mumah!)

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 am

D-Bee

Comment: In a world where so many people are dead, dying and left to depression; why are you picking fights with ghosts?
Thank you guys for all the responses. I believe, gonna check now, that the article in rifter 45 is what I was thinking of.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:54 am

D-Bee

Hand to Hand: Performance Archery and Hand to Hand: Bow Combat were the two skills I was thinking of. Thank you guys.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Champion

1st Edition Palladium Fantasy Longbowman came with a hand-to-hand specific to that OCC. It included critical strikes with the longbow. It would be neat to see special strikes with the longbow as an option (critical strike, disarm, death blow, et cetera).

Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.
In Rifter #30 the A Cut Above article has some W.P. skills for archery as well.