Hand to Hand: Archery

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kaotic_drake
D-Bee
Comment: In a world where so many people are dead, dying and left to depression; why are you picking fights with ghosts?

Hand to Hand: Archery

Unread post by kaotic_drake »

So I was talking to a friend of mine that I'm gming for and I asked him why he didn't take hand to hand: archery and he said he didn't know about it. I've spent about the last hour looking for it. But I can't remember where I saw it at. I think it was in a rifter. I know it's not in the giant book of skills floating around the internet. If anybody can help that would be awesome!
ArchagentEverlasting
D-Bee
Comment: "Graveyard Stuffers"

Re: Hand to Hand: Archery

Unread post by ArchagentEverlasting »

Honestly there are so many different hand to hand skills that it doesn't even ******* matter anymore which one you choose
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

kaotic_drake wrote:So I was talking to a friend of mine that I'm gming for and I asked him why he didn't take hand to hand: archery and he said he didn't know about it. I've spent about the last hour looking for it. But I can't remember where I saw it at. I think it was in a rifter. I know it's not in the giant book of skills floating around the internet. If anybody can help that would be awesome!

Are you talking about the weapons proficiency of Archery?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Rifter #45 has 2 archery based Hand to Hand styles in the article Of Bows & Arrows. Neither has that specific name, but I'd like to think that's the one you're referring to. The article also has some Archery Proficiencies, as well as new archery based O.C.C. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

but for Prysus' fine article I do not remember a HtH: Archery.

Just to summarize to my best knowledge: the skills influencing archery, aside from any of the HtH combat training, are W.P. Archery / W.P. Crossbow, W.P. Targeting and sniper as well as, albeit indirectly, some of the physical training skills. In PFRPG the Long Bowman O.C.C. is pretty unparalleled in bow use and effectiveness.

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
kaotic_drake
D-Bee
Comment: In a world where so many people are dead, dying and left to depression; why are you picking fights with ghosts?

Thank you guys for all the responses. I believe, gonna check now, that the article in rifter 45 is what I was thinking of.
kaotic_drake
D-Bee

Hand to Hand: Performance Archery and Hand to Hand: Bow Combat were the two skills I was thinking of. Thank you guys.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

1st Edition Palladium Fantasy Longbowman came with a hand-to-hand specific to that OCC. It included critical strikes with the longbow. It would be neat to see special strikes with the longbow as an option (critical strike, disarm, death blow, et cetera).
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

In Rifter #30 the A Cut Above article has some W.P. skills for archery as well.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”