Robotech discussion?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Robotech discussion?

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Given that the RPG IP has been picked up by Strange Machine Games, what is the policy going to be for any Robotech discussion on the boards here?
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Robotech discussion?

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Steve President George W. Bush wrote:Given that the RPG IP has been picked up by Strange Machine Games, what is the policy going to be for any Robotech discussion on the boards here?

Shouldn't affect a thing.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I think discussing Palladium's version of the game will have no issues but discussing the new game and doing conversions to or from it are likely off limits (conversions certainly are at a minimum)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

They didn't do anything to stop discussions the first time they lost the license... so I can't imagine they would now.

EDIT: They might potentially take a dim view of discussing their successor's game here tho.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

jaymz wrote:I think discussing Palladium's version of the game will have no issues but discussing the new game and doing conversions to or from it are likely off limits (conversions certainly are at a minimum)

Yes, you're right. I should've stated that. Just like trying to stat out Batman or Captain America... it can't be done here.
ArchagentEverlasting
D-Bee
Comment: "Graveyard Stuffers"

Unread post by ArchagentEverlasting »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Robotech based off an anime?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

3 different anime actually
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

ArchagentEverlasting wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Robotech based off an anime?

Three of them, yes... each saga was a separate TV series that was not connected to the others except in terms of the studio that did the animation.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”