Rifts: Antarctica raw preview limited edition is shipping

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Rifts: Antarctica raw preview limited edition is shipping

Unread post by AlexM »

Available now.

The “Raw Preview Edition” of Rifts® World Book: Antarctica™ is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, final working manuscript for this exciting new sourcebook. You get to see the unfinished book months before the final title is released. A rare look at the raw manuscript before publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies.

Contains information about Rifts® Antarctica and its many mysteries and secrets. Includes the Ice Witch, Icecraft, the War of the Elementals, possessed volcanoes, ghost camps, the Krellik threat, aliens, demons, monsters, cold weather rules and more. Shipping now.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... eview.html

Alex Marciniszyn
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Rifts: Antarctica raw preview limited edition is shippin

Unread post by zyanitevp »

AlexM wrote:Available now.

The “Raw Preview Edition” of Rifts® World Book: Antarctica™ is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, final working manuscript for this exciting new sourcebook. You get to see the unfinished book months before the final title is released. A rare look at the raw manuscript before publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies.

Contains information about Rifts® Antarctica and its many mysteries and secrets. Includes the Ice Witch, Icecraft, the War of the Elementals, possessed volcanoes, ghost camps, the Krellik threat, aliens, demons, monsters, cold weather rules and more. Shipping now.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... eview.html

Alex Marciniszyn

Just finished this book, and compliments to Mr. Clements- way better than expected! Really enjoyed this one!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Unread post by DM Jimbo »

The title alone should bid the question Why? As a Fantasy player with a world riddled with holes and blanks and waiting patiently for new books, they keep cranking out books for a game that at my last count had 95 BOOKS!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

DM Jimbo wrote:The title alone should bid the question Why? As a Fantasy player with a world riddled with holes and blanks and waiting patiently for new books, they keep cranking out books for a game that at my last count had 95 BOOKS!

because lots of people keep buying the books for the game that already has 95, even if that means now they'll have 96 books. and PB kinda needs money in order to operate, otherwise they go bankrupt and nobody gets any books.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

DM Jimbo wrote:The title alone should bid the question Why?

Agreed.
I've always thought it was a big WTH idea.
Like, "Hey, I wonder what would be going on with this unpopulated ice-rock after an apocalypse! I'll bet the answer is REAL exciting and realistic!"

There are infinite dimensions.
Let's explore them!!
Heck, some of these dimensions could be useful not just for Rifts, but for other game lines... maybe even the Palladium Fantasy game, for instance.

As a Fantasy player with a world riddled with holes and blanks and waiting patiently for new books, they keep cranking out books for a game that at my last count had 95 BOOKS!

I'm firmly a Rifts player. That's the game that brought me to Palladium as a company, and I emotionally view PFRPG and all the other Palladium non-Rifts game lines as just Rifts supplements.
But Rifts has enough World Books, especially World Books fleshing out places that should probably be unpopulated wilderness.
I'd rather have a new PFRPG book to use as a Rifts supplement than to have yet another unnecessary World Book for Rifts Earth.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

First, I have the Raw Preview for Antarctica but haven't read it so I'm not sure what is in it.

I do not mind world books covering every inch of Rifts Earth, my problem is when they feel that they have to fill up every spare inch of space. Give us wide open spaces with real wilderness.

Killer Cyborg wrote:There are infinite dimensions.
Let's explore them!!
Heck, some of these dimensions could be useful not just for Rifts, but for other game lines... maybe even the Palladium Fantasy game, for instance.

YES. Please. We need more books like Megaverse Builder. Nice 96 page books that describes 3 to 5 dimensions with a few creatures, a player race or two, maybe some tech or magic, maps of the dimension, and some adventure ideas.

We have lots of dimensions already mentioned in the books that are not described. Phase World has several, like the scorched lands, and even Rifts Japan mentions a stable rift to another dimension (World Book 8, pg. 18). You could do 2 or 3 books just on these dimensions that have been mentioned but not described.

My two favorite books in the last 10 or so years have been Hades & Dyval, even though I haven't had a chance to run games in those settings.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I enjoyed the Rifts: Antarctica RAW preview book. If it gets turned into a full book I'll probably buy it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”