Forgotten RCC

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Valbarca
D-Bee

Forgotten RCC

Unread post by Valbarca »

Hi All!! Glad to finally be on the forum! So I have a somewhat curly question. YEARS ago, I played a game that a mate was GMing..evil campaign.. I remember the gist of the character.. but I cant find him in any of my books. I remember he looked very necromancer like (but not from mystic Russia or Africa)..he was certainly a Deamon of some kind..and the clincher was.. as he levelled up he grew large spiny legs from his back!! Two at first.. then four.. then I believe 6 all up..can't remember exactly.. I also believe the legs could inflict a form of poison or venom.

I have looked countless times though all my book.. he's not there..but I know I had him as a character.. I can still picture him in the book. Anyone help or knows who, or what book he might be from :)
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Re: Forgotten RCC

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

That sounds like a C'ro Demon Mage - Mindwerks page 57 - but that wasn't really intended as a player character. Cool that your DM allowed it, if that was the case.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Steve President George W. Bush wrote:That sounds like a C'ro Demon Mage - Mindwerks page 57 - but that wasn't really intended as a player character. Cool that your DM allowed it, if that was the case.
Sounds like it to me to.
Not intended for Player Characters is basically Palladium code for "this thing is all sorts of messed up evil" (just the thing for an evil campaign), or in a couple cases just boring and inscrutable for players (like late-stage Prometheans contemplating their Nth dimensional navels nonlinearly).
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Valbarca
D-Bee

OMG..I think that's him!! This is the truly bizarre thing.. I dont recall every having that book.. but I must have! The pic that is in the link looks different, but the name sounds super familiar.. and yes it was all sorts of evil form memory. and yeah it was purely for an evil game...if that's the guy im sooo great full to everyone.. ?YEAS I've been looking for this info lol.. going to see if I can find a different pic of him.
Valbarca
D-Bee

Also.. although he looks/sounds like the guy.. I remember the image be much more scary. He was off the ground..and two claws were in the ground from memory..they could use the claws like legs and could cling to ceilings. I sue he looks much more menacing in the image I remember. I think the other legs/spines wee two in the up, and two curling toward the frount.. and venom dripping from some.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

The demon mages start with their pincers
I beleive he is talking about the Croval from PFRPG Land of the Damned book one.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
VooDu
Explorer

Unread post by VooDu »

AztahothXy is all over it....Croval definitely.
Valbarca
D-Bee

Yep.. you guys are legends lol. It's funny because after I saw the C'ro Deamon I find out about the other one in Palladium Fantasy. I then relied that I DID have that book lol.. then outsource I found him..zzzzz... But I would never have found it without your combined help :D It's also funny how you think something is really amazing yeeeeears ago.. and then you see it like 20 years later and think...hmmm, not as impressive as I thought it was lol.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”