Gen Con 2018

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gen Con 2018

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Who's all going? I already have my badge and hotel room. Can't wait to play some Heroes Unlimited and Beyond the Supernatural!
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Gen Con 2018

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Just sent the great and powerful NMI the three games I will be running this year, one
HU adventure (the last HU adventure I'm running at Gen Con) and two Palladium
Fantasy Ones. One of the fantasy games I'm putting a 6 hour time limit. After three
years, I expect one group to finally complete it.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cool! I'll look for the Palladium Fantasy game when the events are posted. How come the HU game will be your last?
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

I, sadly won't be going this year. I will be going to the open house, however.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

I guess they're on track to sell out badges again.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Jack Burton wrote:Cool! I'll look for the Palladium Fantasy game when the events are posted. How come the HU game will be your last?

Me and Heroes Unlimited are not getting along any more. That's all I will say about it.
I'm fully dedicating myself 110% to Palladium Fantasy until further notice.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I had to choose between Open House and GenCon, so no GenCon for me this year
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

I'll be there, running one game of what I ran last year, and one game for Devil's Night, both in Heroes Unlimited, with the same characters. I need to rerun my Devil's night game for my players, and get it ready
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

There are far fewer games listed this year than last year :shock:
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

Jack Burton wrote:There are far fewer games listed this year than last year :shock:

I notice my games aren't listed, and my GM's games aren't on there either yet, been told that they're in the system though!
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:There are far fewer games listed this year than last year :shock:

I notice my games aren't listed, and my GM's games aren't on there either yet, been told that they're in the system though!

Well, crud.... that's a bummer. A lot of folks are crafting their wishlists. I know I am. Event registration goes live in less than 2 days. I hope they get those games up soon!
Reagren Wright

zyanitevp wrote:I had to choose between Open House and GenCon, so no GenCon for me this year

So does that mean you'll be able attend Gen Con?
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reagren's "One Hour Until Inferno" HU game is the only Palladium game on my list. It kind of sucks that the others aren't up yet. I've had to choose some other stuff I've never played before like Pathfinder 2.0, D&D 5th Ed. and Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed. That could be a good chance to see what else is out there, though, I suppose.

I'm hoping to tear up the fine City of Cascade at some point!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reagren, am I reading the GenCon event lineup correctly? It says that The Lost Fort is a 6 hour game that starts at 11:00 PM on Saturday night.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

Jack Burton wrote:Reagren's "One Hour Until Inferno" HU game is the only Palladium game on my list. It kind of sucks that the others aren't up yet. I've had to choose some other stuff I've never played before like Pathfinder 2.0, D&D 5th Ed. and Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed. That could be a good chance to see what else is out there, though, I suppose.

I'm hoping to tear up the fine City of Cascade at some point!

There's to be two games, one you've played. "The Devil's Justice", the other is "Devil's Night" when the villain Regalia Red chooses the night before Halloween to lay down some anarchy on the city.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

I immediately submitted my wish list for events as soon as the time counted down to zero and the submit button lit up. I'm still 2,464th in line for my list to be processed! Their server must be melting right now. I'm sad to say that only one Palladium game was on my list. There simply weren't any to choose from. After searching high and low, I have no idea where all the others are that were submitted by folks.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

yeah I still do not see the ones I submitted listed on there! nor do I see my GM's games either. Let us hope they're in the printed guide at least, and then at worst case scenario, we can check at the booth at Gencon for what was missed. With my two, and his two, there's 4 at least that weren't shown.
Reagren Wright

Jack Burton wrote:Reagren, am I reading the GenCon event lineup correctly? It says that The Lost Fort is a 6 hour game that starts at 11:00 PM on Saturday night.

:x It better not that game is suppose to start at 11:00 a.m. I told NMI to fix it back in Feb/March. No way I'm running a game on Saturday night at 11:00 p.m. for six hours. I'll have to check
with him to see if it got fixed. This is really annoying.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reagren Wright wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:Reagren, am I reading the GenCon event lineup correctly? It says that The Lost Fort is a 6 hour game that starts at 11:00 PM on Saturday night.

:x It better not that game is suppose to start at 11:00 a.m. I told NMI to fix it back in Feb/March. No way I'm running a game on Saturday night at 11:00 p.m. for six hours. I'll have to check

If you bring the Mountain Dew and order in some Chinese food for dinner, I'm in!
Sardukar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Sardukar »

I am still waiting on Gen Con to finalize another Rifts game I submitted and just sent NMI an email that I would run two more games for Saturday.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

What is NMI's involvement? By reading GenCon's game submission section, it sounds like each GM submits their own game.
Sardukar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:What is NMI's involvement? By reading GenCon's game submission section, it sounds like each GM submits their own game.

I believe if there is enough Palladium-specific events, he can get better allocation of space and time for events, as well as getting badges upgraded to Game Master if you put in enough player-hours.

Cut and Pasted from email:

What if I already submitted my events to Gen Con 2018?

Simple. Send an email to Gen Con – events@gencon.com with your event ID# and ask them to transfer that the following Name/Badge ID#/Email – Jeff Ruiz – Badge 135200 – nmi@jeffthetech.ninja
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Jack Burton wrote:What is NMI's involvement? By reading GenCon's game submission section, it sounds like each GM submits their own game.

You get to go to that too? I'm so jelly. Taking M?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ah, gotcha. Well, the bad news is that a lot of folks, myself included, spent a lot of time crafting and fine-tuning an event wishlist that turned into a finalized event list after the events opened up. I've already paid for a jammed-packed itinerary. There's no wiggle room in it to pick up anything longer than a 15 minute game of Candyland! If any other Palladium events are posted, I can't sign up for them. I suppose a person could go through the hassle of getting a refund for something if need be, but that's a pain and creates a larger problem. Unless the new Palladium event fits exactly in the same time slot as something a person is willing to give up, that would mess with the other events on that day and wreak havoc. I suspect this describes the boat many people are in.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:

No. It'll be me & a buddy. Last year was our inaugural GenCon brofest that I think we'll try and keep that tradition alive.

Hahaha, you saw how marginally interested she was at the Open House. She'd crawl out of her skin in Indy!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Jack Burton wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

No. It'll be me & a buddy. Last year was our inaugural GenCon brofest that I think we'll try and keep that tradition alive.

Hahaha, you saw how marginally interested she was at the Open House. She'd crawl out of her skin in Indy!

Hey... I thought it was great she tried. Mine wont even do that... okay she did once when she was 19 but M played how many different games at POH? Yeah... champ in my book. Now you on the other hand... :p
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lovely... a lot more games are on the event listing, but as I thought, I'd have to totally rearrange me and my buddy's already paid-for schedule to pick any of those up. That sucks...
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

Jack Burton wrote:Lovely... a lot more games are on the event listing, but as I thought, I'd have to totally rearrange me and my buddy's already paid-for schedule to pick any of those up. That sucks...

thanks for the heads up! My two games are up, but they're listed as 2-8 people not 2-6....That's going to suck if I can't get that edited down to 6!
Reagren Wright

Reagren Wright wrote:

Well Gen Con wouldn't let us fix it because 5 people signed up for it. Five people want
to play rpg for 6 hours on a Saturday night :eek: . Back in my teens and twenties I
could have done it. Need about 12-16 hours of sleep to recover, but I could have
done it. But there was no way this 47 year old who regularly gets off work and goes
to bed around midnight could run a 6 hour game much less drive back home (3 hours)
the following day. So reluctant that I was I cancelled the event. However, I fully
intent to see if Kevin will allow me to have a sign up sheet at the booth and run the 6
hour PF game at the correct time of 11:00 A.m. on Saturday in the Open Gaming
Room.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

I also noticed that a lot of the newly posted games don't have GM information like names and email addresses.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

well hopefully they'll change for me UGH, I can't run eight players, where the heck is the story going to go with all those player actions interrupting things?!?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Reagren Wright wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:

Well Gen Con wouldn't let us fix it because 5 people signed up for it. Five people want
to play rpg for 6 hours on a Saturday night :eek: . Back in my teens and twenties I
could have done it. Need about 12-16 hours of sleep to recover, but I could have
done it. But there was no way this 47 year old who regularly gets off work and goes
to bed around midnight could run a 6 hour game much less drive back home (3 hours)
the following day. So reluctant that I was I cancelled the event. However, I fully
intent to see if Kevin will allow me to have a sign up sheet at the booth and run the 6
Room.

Wow, that really stinks- people probably signed up just to play in your game because it was you!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Reagren Wright wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:

Room.

HAHA back in the day i would have been down for that but I don't function without sufficient sleep any more. Weird thing is gencon has a fair amount of games that go many hours that start really late at night. Ah to be young and highly caffeinated.
Sardukar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Getting two more adventures set up. One Chaos Earth and one Pre-Rifts/Beyond the Supernatural game. Submitting them for Saturday early evening. More to follow. If I can't get decent hours, I will look for an Open Gaming Room somewhere. More to follow...
Sardukar
Megaversal® Ambassador

As promised, here they are...

RPG18144295 "Trigger, Slayer, Juicer, PSI" A pre-rifts BTS spy thriller taking place in South America just before the cataclysm.
RPG18144292 Journée froide en enfer A Chaos Earth adventure two years after the cataclysm near the French/Swiss border.

I will post updates as I get them. I requested the events for Saturday from 3-7PM and 8PM-12AM. If I can't get those times, I will look for an open table room somewhere. Thoughts?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”