Palladium Fantasy books a MUST HAVE

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Palladium Fantasy books a MUST HAVE

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Lets count who needs Palladium Fantasy Books

I need them.....
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Re: Palladium Fantasy books a MUST HAVE

Unread post by Jimbo »

MUST HAVE... In no particular order; Old Kingdom Mountains, Old Kingdom Lowlands, Land of the Damned 3, YinSloth Jungles 2E, pre made adventures ala Arms of Nargash Tor.
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

If we are talking about wish lists I want a return to 1st ed (with some revisions) and see all the existing books released for that.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The only one I don't have is the Gardens book....for obvious reasons.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Must have, of course.

In terms of wishes (not necessarily in this order):
    - Old Kingdom book(s)
    - Lopan / Phi
    - Garden (really curious what that is)
    - LOD 3
    - continuation and finalization of the magic books (preferably one big PFRPG magic book)
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I don't particularly care about what comes next in Palladium Fantasy. I just want it to be high quality, useful, and fun to read.

EDIT: Wait, what am I saying?! An atlas! We must have an atlas!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by kennethk »

Hotrod wrote:I don't particularly care about what comes next in Palladium Fantasy. I just want it to be high quality, useful, and fun to read.

I honestly think that is one of the biggest needs PF has.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I always liked the atlas travelogue thing in I believe the high seas book.

The byzantium book is really an interesting book. Helps flesh that area of the world out and byzantium being such a seafaring nation is a great jump off place for adventurers.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I want to get back into Palladium Fantasy.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Topazy
Newb

Unread post by Topazy »

Must have:
I'm of the same opinion that sounded from you guys

I have a mixed relationship with Palladium Fantasy. While there are a lot of good ideas, I've become a lot less impressed with the mechanics over time... especially as they've remained the same.
Palladium has a LOT of cool in it, but the substance tends to be weak, and varies highly with the author of the work (and how heavily edited the work is).
Eddie Focus
D-Bee

Unread post by Eddie Focus »

Palladium Fantasy is my guilty pleasure. I'm into Beyond the Supernatural and Dead Reign right now, but I'm thinking of reviving my Fantasy campaign for Roll20 or something of that nature. Maybe run some games at the local comic store.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Hotrod wrote:I don't particularly care about what comes next in Palladium Fantasy. I just want it to be high quality, useful, and fun to read.

You know I am on the atlas bandwagon.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Yep. A new high quality, very useful Palladium Fantasy book would be incredibly nice.
shihansmurf
D-Bee

Unread post by shihansmurf »

I would love a monster manual of fully stated opponents. I know that there are several scattered across the line but a compilation of plug and play adversaries organized byt level appropriateness would be a life saver. I know I can build them myself and do so but I am a busy guy and this would makes running Palladium much easier.

Mark
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

shihansmurf wrote:I would love a monster manual of fully stated opponents. I know that there are several scattered across the line but a compilation of plug and play adversaries organized byt level appropriateness would be a life saver. I know I can build them myself and do so but I am a busy guy and this would makes running Palladium much easier.

Mark

I've made some instant NPC generators along similar lines (see my signature below). Would something like that be what you're looking for?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

shihansmurf wrote:I would love a monster manual of fully stated opponents. I know that there are several scattered across the line but a compilation of plug and play adversaries organized byt level appropriateness would be a life saver. I know I can build them myself and do so but I am a busy guy and this would makes running Palladium much easier.

Mark

Greetings and Salutations. If you're looking for Palladium Fantasy NPC, then I've started doing these:

http://www.prysus.com/site_downloads.htm

If you look to the NPC sheets, I have Goblins and Dwarves (the latter is a recent addition). The NPC sheet for three O.C.C. and can scale from level 1 to level 15 to suit your needs. Hit Points, Skills, and Combat bonuses auto-level up. There's also some Special Abilites (such as minor P sionics) as selectable options. You can also change their weapons, armor, and upgrade hand to hand with very little effort (just a few mouse clicks once you read the instructions and know where everything is located).

Goblins have the Soldier, Thief, and Witch (Witch has limited selections). Dwarves have Soldier, Warrior Monk, and Blacksmith (designed to double as a Merchant). I intend to include more races and O.C.C. as time goes on. Figured it might help. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
shihansmurf
D-Bee

These are awesome! Thanks!
shihansmurf
D-Bee

Hotrod wrote:

Mark

I've made some instant NPC generators along similar lines (see my signature below). Would something like that be what you're looking for?

These are really cool. Thanks!
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Hotrod wrote:

Mark

Cool! I will have to check these out some time!
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Prysus wrote:

Mark

Greetings and Salutations. If you're looking for Palladium Fantasy NPC, then I've started doing these:

http://www.prysus.com/site_downloads.htm

If you look to the NPC sheets, I have Goblins and Dwarves (the latter is a recent addition). The NPC sheet for three O.C.C. and can scale from level 1 to level 15 to suit your needs. Hit Points, Skills, and Combat bonuses auto-level up. There's also some Special Abilites (such as minor P sionics) as selectable options. You can also change their weapons, armor, and upgrade hand to hand with very little effort (just a few mouse clicks once you read the instructions and know where everything is located).

Goblins have the Soldier, Thief, and Witch (Witch has limited selections). Dwarves have Soldier, Warrior Monk, and Blacksmith (designed to double as a Merchant). I intend to include more races and O.C.C. as time goes on. Figured it might help. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Neat. I'll have to check this out. Should drastically reduce the time regarding scaling and customizing.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”