Is Scott still working for Palladium?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Is Scott still working for Palladium?

Unread post by bielmic »

The last time the Robotech Kickstarter went from regular communication to silence was when Ninja Division signed off and Palladium didn't know nor notice for weeks. Scott is overdue on his communication by almost a week and I wanted to make sure he was still with the company and to follow up on who will be communicating with robotech backers if he is not. If he is still with Palladium, will he no longer be communicating every two weeks as promised even if there is nothing to report?

From here on out, I personally will be posting updates every two weeks - even if nothing has changed I will check in to let you know.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rr ... ts/1915883

While the last six months' worth of updates have been of arguable utility in addressing the real concerns of backers, they've at least been regular in frequency and the recent silence is disconcerting. I'm sure backers of this 2013 project would appreciate a detailed end of the year 2017 update with the truthful status of the project going forward since 2017 was supposed to be must do according to Kevin Siembieda yet isn't.

As far as we are concerned, releasing Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave II by the end of the year is a must!

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=183
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Is Scott still working for Palladium?

Unread post by zyanitevp »

He is still working for Palladium- it is the holidays, and I am sure he will be back to post in the New Year.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Nothing personal, but I'd much rather see an actual employee of Palladium answer the questions asked by bielemic instead of a fan-friend.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

zyanitevp wrote:He is still working for Palladium- it is the holidays, and I am sure he will be back to post in the New Year.

If that is the case, the professional thing to do would be to post a quick one paragraph update saying that. That is especially true given his quoted promise dealing with exactly this type of situation and the long history of broken promises alternating with silence on this project that he was supposed to be addressing... I appreciate the unofficial answer though but do hope for something more official like an actual update given that palladium purposely closed off all other news outlets for the project specifically because of Scott's hiring.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

The Beast wrote:Nothing personal, but I'd much rather see an actual employee of Palladium answer the questions asked by bielemic instead of a fan-friend.

I would rather have an official response but, as is unfortunately the case so often with Palladium, you take what you can get so I wouldn't shoot the messenger.
Panomas II
Explorer

Unread post by Panomas II »

zyanitevp wrote:He is still working for Palladium- it is the holidays, and I am sure he will be back to post in the New Year.

But, would be willing to bet any money on it? Or is this something you can confirm, how?
Because a lot of folks bet money that Palladium Books could deliver all of the pieces for RRT (some of them friends of mine) and the status of the project being completed remains largely in ether.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Panomas II wrote:

But, would be willing to bet any money on it? Or is this something you can confirm, how?
Because a lot of folks bet money that Palladium Books could deliver all of the pieces for RRT (some of them friends of mine) and the status of the project being completed remains largely in ether.

pretty sure zyanite is the lead on the megaversal ambassador program and lives near enough to drop by the office or otherwise contacts them on a regular basis :P
Panomas II
Explorer

Shark_Force wrote:
Panomas II wrote:

pretty sure zyanite is the lead on the megaversal ambassador program and lives near enough to drop by the office or otherwise contacts them on a regular basis :P

What does that have to do with Scott? He lives in Texas.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Panomas II wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Panomas II wrote:

it means he can ask kevin "hey, what's up with scott" on a regular basis. though i thought scott gibbons was hired on as an office manager or something like that... you sure he still lives in texas?
Panomas II
Explorer

Shark_Force wrote:
Panomas II wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Panomas II wrote:

it means he can ask kevin "hey, what's up with scott" on a regular basis. though i thought scott gibbons was hired on as an office manager or something like that... you sure he still lives in texas?

Honestly, No. I can't say with certainty he lives in Texas, but his Facebook has him listed there... I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise. If anyone else has I'd be interested to hear about that.

I believe he was hired on to be a business manager; the idea being he would free up Kevin's time in regards to management, which would assist Kevin in banging out books. If you read through what Scott has posted he's never directly tied himself to the Palladium Books office (as far as I know) or as to living or habituating in MI, but there was one post somewhere... Where he relates he communicated, via conference call...

The question in my mind is not whether the, "hey what' up with Scott (?)," question can be asked... But, if it has already been asked. Or if Scott is actually at the offices, which one might argue is pretty key if he is indeed a manager of the business...

Since this thread is titled as a question... Do we have anything to go on? I don't. Or at least not yet...
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Well, it's two weeks late now for the Dec. 12th update and no word from Scott on kickstarter nor Palladium officially here. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas in the meantime and maybe we'll get some sort of official update from Palladium about both Scott's status and that of this project.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Scott is still with Palladium. He missed the update earlier this month due to illness. He's posted another now.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Yup, I got it last night. Unfortunately, it's just an update with lots of errors that mentions nothing about the remaining unfulfilled rewards from the 2013 project. I guess that statement from Kevin about 2017 being a "must" for Palladium to release Robotech's second wave didn't pan out.
Panomas II
Explorer

The question is answered...

Scott is still posting 'updates'

Hey Scott, I must of missed it... And you've mentioned you want to engage in Palladium Books social media presence... But, where is there any info in your update (or elsewhere), which is relevant to the progress (or lack thereof) in regards to wave 2?
zyanitevp
Champion

Shark_Force wrote:
Panomas II wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Panomas II wrote:

So to clarify a few things-
Yes, I am one of the coordinators of the MA Program.
I live in Southern California.
I have been helping Palladium out by doing regular postings to Twitter and Facebook, along with another person, and therefore in pretty regular communication with Scott. Hopefully you all are enjoying the more regular communication.
Scott was sick, and it is the Holidays.
I am not a Palladium employee, but yes, if I say something about Palladium staff or products it is fact- I don't put anything in print unless it is confirmed.
Thanks!
My Twitter
Image Image
Panomas II
Explorer

I'm curious zyanitevp, what are you thanking us for? But, similar to your thanks... I'll just tell you, you're welcome!

Since you know more than we do... Does Scott Work at the Palladium Books offices? Or remotely? I'm not asking for specifics here.

You may not be able to answer if you signed a disclosure agreement (which is understandable), but since you were willing to disclose info prior it's more likely you didn't. I and many others would appreciate an answer to the above question.
zyanitevp
Champion

Panomas II wrote:I'm curious zyanitevp, what are you thanking us for? But, similar to your thanks... I'll just tell you, you're welcome!

Since you know more than we do... Does Scott Work at the Palladium Books offices? Or remotely? I'm not asking for specifics here.

You may not be able to answer if you signed a disclosure agreement (which is understandable), but since you were willing to disclose info prior it's more likely you didn't. I and many others would appreciate an answer to the above question.

Thanking people for their interest.
Yes, I have an NDA, so there are some things I cannot discuss.
My Twitter
Image Image
Panomas II
Explorer

zyanitevp wrote:
Panomas II wrote:I'm curious zyanitevp, what are you thanking us for? But, similar to your thanks... I'll just tell you, you're welcome!

I tell you honestly... I'm looking at this and trying to understand how you have the audacity to "thank," people for their interest... Some are expressing frustration with the lack of updates that contain real information... Their in entire "interest," is born out of the frustration created by the company you support and are willing help out for free, while people who paid real money are waiting for word about a project, which hasn't fully delivered... (what, five years out) And hasn't shown any solid progress in about 3 years.

You might be woefully inept or sweetly sincere... But, I'd advise you to take a minute and think about it. I hope that you might see that your thanks, is woefully inappropriate in this situation. Despite even if you had good intentions...

That's advice. Not that you asked for it. Not that you need it. But, just food for thought- :angel:
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Panomas II wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

I tell you honestly... I'm looking at this and trying to understand how you have the audacity to "thank," people for their interest... Some are expressing frustration with the lack of updates that contain real information... Their in entire "interest," is born out of the frustration created by the company you support and are willing help out for free, while people who paid real money are waiting for word about a project, which hasn't fully delivered... (what, five years out) And hasn't shown any solid progress in about 3 years.

You might be woefully inept or sweetly sincere... But, I'd advise you to take a minute and think about it. I hope that you might see that your thanks, is woefully inappropriate in this situation. Despite even if you had good intentions...

That's advice. Not that you asked for it. Not that you need it. But, just food for thought- :angel:

Save the anger for the Kickstarter comments page where it belongs and don't direct it toward zyanitevp. You asked him why he was thanking everyone? It's because he has class. He could've remained silent and left a lot of people in the dark. Now, the classy thing for YOU to do is to apologize for taking your frustration out on him by suggesting he behaved inappropriately or acted ineptly. He can't control anything Palladium does.
Panomas II
Explorer

Jack Burton wrote:
Panomas II wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

Save the anger for the Kickstarter comments page where it belongs and don't direct it toward zyanitevp. You asked him why he was thanking everyone? It's because he has class. He could've remained silent and left a lot of people in the dark. Now, the classy thing for YOU to do is to apologize for taking your frustration out on him by suggesting he behaved inappropriately or acted ineptly. He can't control anything Palladium does.

Jack, I wasn't talking to you. I've said nothing I regret, so no apology will be forthcoming. I have zero concern with what you perceive as classy... If you wanted to earn classy points in my book, you would have stayed out of it since I was directly addressing... :::Not you:::. This is not a school-yard brawl where you need to stick up for a smaller buddy... But if you want to insert yourself, that's your business and there isn't much I can do about it.

I'm not angry, therefore I'm not directing anger... I am questioning the rational behind thanking folks who are frustrated and/or expressed their frustration (was that not clear?).

I'm certain, zyanitevp can speak for himself, if he wants.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The origional question has been answered and this is starting to drift, so we're done here.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”