Digital versions?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ryokoryu
Wanderer

Digital versions?

Unread post by ryokoryu »

Hi, I was introduced to Rifts about 10 years ago and what followed was a great amount of fun for about 4 months. Unfortunately due to bad cops myself and my family were forced to leave that area. The group was with who introduced me to Rifts were co-workers and were good about dealing with my low vision which at the time made it hard and now makes it impossible to effectively read the books. I have however done well with using digital reading material as I can usually make it as large as I need and was wondering if there are digital versions of the books available for purchase. I have never managed to find a group since that first one that was willing to work with me but I think roll 20 may be a solution for that however I don't feel like downloading bootleg PDFs weather or not I buy the books as it still supports the people posting those things. I just won't do it but if there is no digital version available I just can't play.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Digital versions?

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

DriveThruRPG.com

That site has Palladium Book's digital copies in PDF format.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Thanks m8, I am assuming those are legit licensed sellers
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

They are posted there by Palladium Books.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Ryokoryu, if you live in the US and if you are legally blind (aka, diagnosed with a severe vision issue), you may be eligible for free or low cost magnification technology for assisted reading. AKA, its a digital magnifier so you can project small print book pages onto a larger screen. Its a great option if you have a collection of books already.

BTW, there was a Rifts Bundle of Holding recently. I don't know if that deal is over or ongoing, but it allowed people to grab a bunch of PDFs (all legal) for a low introductory price.
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Spinachcat wrote:Ryokoryu, if you live in the US and if you are legally blind (aka, diagnosed with a severe vision issue), you may be eligible for free or low cost magnification technology for assisted reading. AKA, its a digital magnifier so you can project small print book pages onto a larger screen. Its a great option if you have a collection of books already.

BTW, there was a Rifts Bundle of Holding recently. I don't know if that deal is over or ongoing, but it allowed people to grab a bunch of PDFs (all legal) for a low introductory price.

Yeah I am working on my SSI at the moment in the hearing phase, my vision issues are kind of rare and not specifically cited in average cases. I have fluctuating vision which means I can go in today and get a prescription for glasses but by tomorrow that prescription is wrong. I have been this way since I had my corneal transplants one in 2003 one in 2005 and the bigger issue I have been havong more recently which is frequent burning which is not from dryness which makes it hard to even keep my eyes open on those days. Because the problems I am having are not normally delt with service to the blind and visually impaired doesn't qualify me and social security has solutions for me listed that don't apply. Namely get glasses and use eye drops.
KarnavalMonk
D-Bee

Unread post by KarnavalMonk »

Bump.I wish digital come soon.
Thanks for the links guys.Very helpful.Also wonna test it soon
Gonna buy it i think!
"Treachery has existed as long as there's been warfare, and there's always been a few people that you couldn't trust." Jons Guide
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Anyone know what the approximate time is between hard copy and PDF?
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

depends. i think on the newer book, the file is probably already a .pdf so it can be pretty close together or even simultaneous, though it isn't always.

for the older books, they have to get it into a .pdf first, which of course takes time, and that basically means it happens when someone has some time to do it i would presume. or at least, if they've hired someone to specifically have that as their job, i haven't heard of it.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Palladium is weird about PDFs. They've finally started converting their back catalog, and have come a long way from their much.... delayed start in PDF copies. That said, they started with the oldest and are slowly moving forward. As best we can tell they have no inclination to sell new/current books in PDF format as they think it cuts into their physical book sales.

A few instances of current or new PDFs have occurred, but those were largely during palladium's fledgling crowd-sourcing attempts and have not been seen since.

So, short version, you can find the older stuff on PDF and they're slowly catching up but no they don't put out the new stuff on PDF for quite some time. The 'newest' Rifts title is 4 years old. Though I believe they do have a Dead Reign from 2 or 3 years ago.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”