Was Palladium working on a terror/counter terrorism game?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Was Palladium working on a terror/counter terrorism game?

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

I seem to remember that awhile ago PB was working on a terror/counter terrorism game called Warhawk or some such, if that is true then what is the status of that game?
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Was Palladium working on a terror/counter terrorism game

Unread post by The Beast »

I think it was Warpath, and I think it was one of their "pipe-dream" books. IIRC, it was mentioned in their Coming Soon category for a long time, but was quietly removed. I doubt it'll ever be written. IMO, a good rule of thumb to follow when looking at what books Palladium says they'll be releasing is to ignore everything that doesn't say it's at the printer, or a week (no more than two) from going to the printer. Outside of the Rifter, I can't remember the last time Palladium said they'd have a book out during a specific season and actually hit that goal.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

WARPATH sounded like a cool idea. But you can do a Palladium counter terrorism campaign currently with either Ninjas & Superspies or Systems Failure without really breaking a sweat - just take out the "unreal" bits that don't work for your vision.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

as i recall, it hit around the same time as the 'crisis of treachery' did.. and then the author and advisor for it quit to go look for Jimmy Hoffa.

i wish i was joking. it was a RPG centered on urban police work, based of this book: Warpath
the author of that book was co-author and advisor for a game focused on SWAT, drug busts, etc. as well as counter terrorism.

then the author thought he had a lead on the location Jimmy Hoffa, started focusing on it, which pretty much killed the RPG. (he apparently wrote a book about that too, [link]
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

glitterboy2098 wrote:as i recall, it hit around the same time as the 'crisis of treachery' did.. and then the author and advisor for it quit to go look for Jimmy Hoffa.

i wish i was joking. it was a RPG centered on urban police work, based of this book: Warpath
the author of that book was co-author and advisor for a game focused on SWAT, drug busts, etc. as well as counter terrorism.

then the author thought he had a lead on the location Jimmy Hoffa, started focusing on it, which pretty much killed the RPG. (he apparently wrote a book about that too, [link]

That's seriously the best reason for any Palladium project that's ever been abandoned.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Ok everyone thanks you for your input I was looking forward to that game. :-( :-( :-(

It would have been nice to have a nitty-gritty modern day game without all the fantastic stuff.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

There is always RECON, which is pretty cheap on DriveThruRPG and can be found in hard copy on the PB website. Also, (ahem) I put together a sort of Megaversal Recon thread on these forms as well.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”