(murmur 7-15-17) FLGS

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

(murmur 7-15-17) FLGS

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

something that might help.. if at all possible, talk to the suppliers about whether there is any way to include a list of products PB recommends, or have them listed by book type, or something?
because i have lost track of how many stores i've been to that don't carry anything but a random assortment of world books (if that), and the Game Master Guide. and then the owners complain that no one buys anything. then i find out they never carried RUE. (or the old RMB, before RUE)
since in most other games the Gamemaster Guide is a primary rules book, this kind of thing might work.. but for rifts, the Game Master Guide is literally just a master guide to the game.. an encyclopedia.
i also usually find out that they never bothered to order more than one or two main books, if they have them at all.
so they are trying to sell setting books with no core books in sight.

so either they need to be listed in the catalogs from the suppliers as "main books/core books" and "expansions", or there needs to be some way to mark certain books as "make sure you regularly carry these" (like RUE and the other core books)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kaid
Knight

Re: (murmur 7-15-17) FLGS

Unread post by kaid »

I am glad a bigger push is being made to get palladium back more consistently in stores. RPG are pretty hot again so if you can ride the wave it could really help things out a lot. Also not having to order everything online would be nice I prefer to buy stuff from local game stores to help keep everybody involved in business.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Re: (murmur 7-15-17) FLGS

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

glitterboy2098 wrote:something that might help.. if at all possible, talk to the suppliers about whether there is any way to include a list of products PB recommends, or have them listed by book type, or something?
because i have lost track of how many stores i've been to that don't carry anything but a random assortment of world books (if that), and the Game Master Guide. and then the owners complain that no one buys anything. then i find out they never carried RUE. (or the old RMB, before RUE)
since in most other games the Gamemaster Guide is a primary rules book, this kind of thing might work.. but for rifts, the Game Master Guide is literally just a master guide to the game.. an encyclopedia.
i also usually find out that they never bothered to order more than one or two main books, if they have them at all.
so they are trying to sell setting books with no core books in sight.

so either they need to be listed in the catalogs from the suppliers as "main books/core books" and "expansions", or there needs to be some way to mark certain books as "make sure you regularly carry these" (like RUE and the other core books)

The other thing I heard from my FLGS, is they stopped carrying PB products because the "coming soon" product listings were a well-known JOKE. So without new product, they couldn't keep interest in the game.

Now, most of my FLGS carry little of any line that isn't brand-new, or the core books. Increasingly, they say that customers of any age don't want to lug around a backpack of books. And the older players don't have the room.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”