You should buy the Mechanoids Trilogy!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

You should buy the Mechanoids Trilogy!

Unread post by Spinachcat »

MIT, the Mechanoids Invasion Trilogy is on sale this week. It's one of my favorite RPGs.

Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy RPG – $17.47 (normally $24.95 retail). The original, cult classic, science fiction game of combat and survival against impossible odds. Bravery and ingenuity required when a world devouring alien menace begins to dissect the world you inhabit. 208 pages – Cat. No. 400 – 6 days only!

The Trilogy is one game with three settings - the Invasion of a Doomed Planet, the Escape into the Mechanoid Ship, and the Looting of the Mechanoid Homeworld.

There's lots of reason to buy this terrific game, but let me toss out some more.

Are you interested in Palladium's early history and early game design? If so, buy MIT. It was PB's first foray into RPGs and you can see the precursors to Rifts all over the place.

Do you want to play a PB game, but want simpler rules? If so, buy MIT. Everything from chargen to combat to psionics is less detailed, and thus faster and easier.

Do you like to kitbash and homebrew, but with less rules?
If so, buy MIT. The simpler system means there are less moving parts so yanking, twisting, changing and adding stuff is easier for the GM.

I have run the original Mechanoids RPG for many years with lots of players, and its always a good time. I run a Rifts/MIT crossover at conventions and since a character takes up half a page, its easy for new players to jump in. Kitbashing stuff from Rifts books is easy because I am distilling stuff down.

If you have any questions, fire away!!
Osun
D-Bee

Re: You should buy the Mechanoids Trilogy!

Unread post by Osun »

I wish I would have known about this.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Add it to your Xmas Grab Bag!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

BTW, Mechanoids Trilogy really is 3 different games.

Mechanoids 1 = Invasion
Mechanoids 2 = Survival aboard mega-giant mothership
Mechanoids 3 = Explore the Mechanoid's homeworld...cuz there's a surprise.

Technically, you could create an ongoing campaign - or you could have generations of the character's family. But since PC death is a regular event (you are a human up against Mechanoids), you will probably see lots of PCs over a campaign.

I run about 25% death per session, but I run Mechanoids as Space Survival Horror.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Spinachcat wrote:I run about 25% death per session, but I run Mechanoids as Space Survival Horror.

25% death per session! That just made me laugh! Pretty intense.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If you want to understand the changes in the PB gaming system you need the mech3 book. Because it is the earliest.(I think)

If you are a 'collector' ...its a PB gamebook.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:25% death per session! That just made me laugh! Pretty intense.

Mechanoids is nasty. The humans are incredibly outclassed by their enemies. I compare it to Call of Cthulhu in some ways. That's why I have no problem letting PCs grab lots of nasty hardware. Chaos Earth is a messy setting, but its the apocalypse and the mass confusion is both an advantage and disadvantage. But Mechanoids is a different beast because the humans are the hunted and the Mechs have time, resources and control on their side.
FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

This book has a LOT of cool stuff in it. I've thought about converting a few things over to Rifts.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”