What could Palladium do FOR FREE to attract new players?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: What could Palladium do FOR FREE to attract new players?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

wizardofthenorth wrote:For sure Palladium wouldnt lose the rights to their content. And they presumably get a cut of any sales.

But lets say some really good professionaly fan material comes up...Amazon now effectively owns it...beholding palladium to amazon evermore.

Maybe not a big issue but for sure I would look at it very closely.

The terms of service are pretty bad, but this is Amazon so that should go without saying. This subject has come up before and I still have the same questions.

1) How does this interact with movie and video game rights. I don't think Amazon would or could stop PB from licensing IPs to others but does the movie rights deal with JB forbid PB from doing this or does it complicate this deal in any way? I don't know but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

2) Every "world" on there has a content guide. 8 to 21 rules that must be followed. Could someone write up what they think the guidelines should be?

3) Each world says "Your story will be reviewed and will only be eligible for publication if the Content Guidelines are followed", who is going to review the stories?

I love the idea of being able to read some decent stories for Rifts, Phase World, and I think Century Station would be an outstanding place for some people to do a series of books but, and I have only been looking at Veronica Mars so small sample, most of what I have seen is crap.

Has any brought this up with Scott?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Warshield73 wrote:
wizardofthenorth wrote:For sure Palladium wouldnt lose the rights to their content. And they presumably get a cut of any sales.

But lets say some really good professionaly fan material comes up...Amazon now effectively owns it...beholding palladium to amazon evermore.

Maybe not a big issue but for sure I would look at it very closely.

The terms of service are pretty bad, but this is Amazon so that should go without saying. This subject has come up before and I still have the same questions.

1) How does this interact with movie and video game rights. I don't think Amazon would or could stop PB from licensing IPs to others but does the movie rights deal with JB forbid PB from doing this or does it complicate this deal in any way? I don't know but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

2) Every "world" on there has a content guide. 8 to 21 rules that must be followed. Could someone write up what they think the guidelines should be?

3) Each world says "Your story will be reviewed and will only be eligible for publication if the Content Guidelines are followed", who is going to review the stories?

I love the idea of being able to read some decent stories for Rifts, Phase World, and I think Century Station would be an outstanding place for some people to do a series of books but, and I have only been looking at Veronica Mars so small sample, most of what I have seen is crap.

Has any brought this up with Scott?

I mentioned it to him in a PM.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Based on the IPs currently part of Kindle Worlds, the Amazon agreement must not be draconian, nor able to steal their IP.

GI Joe is a mega-franchise. No way those lawyers are going to endanger that brand.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Spinachcat wrote:Based on the IPs currently part of Kindle Worlds, the Amazon agreement must not be draconian, nor able to steal their IP.

GI Joe is a mega-franchise. No way those lawyers are going to endanger that brand.

Wizard and I already acknowledged that they can not steal the IP but the terms are a little unclear.

Hypothetical #1: I wrote a Phase World book depicting characters and spacecraft not in current PB gaming books. What happens if I then submit gaming stats for these books in a Rifter? From a plain reading of the terms of use PB would have to pay Amazon for that use. GI Joe is owned by Hasbro who can go toe-to-toe with any legal department in the industry. On the hand a sideward glance from Amazon's legal department would burn PB to a crisp. If these IPs represented my life's work I'm not sure how much risk I would take with them.

Hypothetical #2: I right a Heroes Unlimited Story with a character that is a clear violation of a Marvel or DC copyright, who gets destroyed by one of those giants? The writer gets sued sure, but according to the terms of service Amazon is held harmless so PB is ultimately responsible.

Now these are all things that these other franchises have found ways of dealing with but my question is how is PB going to deal with them.

But let's forget all of that, Amazon is good and pure and the terms of service reasonable. Still no answer to these questions.
Warshield73 wrote:1) How does this interact with movie and video game rights. I don't think Amazon would or could stop PB from licensing IPs to others but does the movie rights deal with JB forbid PB from doing this or does it complicate this deal in any way? I don't know but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

Now let us all concede that we do not know the answer to number one. There are zero Disney (including Marvel and Star Wars) properties, that I noticed, on Worlds page. So forget #1.

Just 2 & 3. What should the content guide look like and who is going to review it.

As I and many others have said I am not against this. I would love to read some good stories set in Rifts, Phase World, Heroes Unlimited, all of them. This would be great, just tell me how it will work for PB. I know it works for others, but we don't know HOW they make it work.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
wizardofthenorth
D-Bee

Unread post by wizardofthenorth »

Well...this may not be popular...but how about coming up with an actual, honest and realistic plan that can be shared with the public on producing wave 2 and onwards of RRT.

If they want get players, and move 10k+(at likely ~$20 wholesale each) core boxes they need to show some life in the product itself, and the continuation of the line. Then there are all the addon kits they have in stock they need to move.

And there is a lot that could be done for little cost, but does require some time.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

An on-line Game Con... It was done on roll20 to a large success! If Palladium ran something on Roll20 and Discord for free! It would likely be a huge hit! Have a per-arranged adventure and NPC/PC to boot so everyone gets the same free swag to download or emailed to them for registering. I'm sure it would be a huge hit!
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Tick wrote:An on-line Game Con... It was done on roll20 to a large success! If Palladium ran something on Roll20 and Discord for free! It would likely be a huge hit! Have a per-arranged adventure and NPC/PC to boot so everyone gets the same free swag to download or emailed to them for registering. I'm sure it would be a huge hit!

There are no costs to this other than a computer and internet system. If you have speakers and a Mic you are good to go!
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Tick wrote:
Tick wrote:An on-line Game Con... It was done on roll20 to a large success! If Palladium ran something on Roll20 and Discord for free! It would likely be a huge hit! Have a per-arranged adventure and NPC/PC to boot so everyone gets the same free swag to download or emailed to them for registering. I'm sure it would be a huge hit!

There are no costs to this other than a computer and internet system. If you have speakers and a Mic you are good to go!

This has been proposed- working on trying to make it happen.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

FREE RPG day Participation!

You don't need to print a product if you provide a free adventure download! Give a printed sheet code to stores Directly to print one copy for trial play. Thant might work. Post cards with information too. Mind you, stores want sales so you might have to have an exclusive printed copy for the store itself for the game day of FREE RPG day.

Just a thought. I don't know how all that stuff works though.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

We did this. *** http://strangecorpseposse.blogspot.ca *** A podcast that might be of interest to players looking to have their own HU game. If you make it interesting and fun, I think you can get more people involved. Also it is exposure for the Super Hero game. Since we are not sponsored by Palladium books, we avoided any reference to them or the product, but we are using the Palladium books rule system for this run. A few other Hero game options have been suggested but we are just geeks having a little fun.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

I'll have a listen. Been jonesin for some quality HU podcasts
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Vincent Takeda wrote:

I'll have a listen. Been jonesin for some quality HU podcasts

Thanks!

Share if you like it. Helps us out a whole bunch!
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

http://strangecorpseposse.blogspot.ca/ another show posted. This is a fun project with the players using Palladium books rules in an SDC world.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Tick wrote:http://strangecorpseposse.blogspot.ca/ another show posted. This is a fun project with the players using Palladium books rules in an SDC world.

Great editing! Love the touch the background music brings to it.
IsacPis
Newb

Unread post by IsacPis »

Not such a big price for this game.
Just the target audience is not that big. Specific genre
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward."-Amelia Earhart
New hobby.
kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by kennethk »

Take advantage of social media platforms. Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on. Establish an actual presence online. Use platforms like roll20 and run online gaming conventions or events. Look outside the norm. Use the Ambassadors. There are hundreds of small sci fi, horror and comic conventions around the country(not completely free I am aware). Use those platforms to advertise Palladium products to that new audience. See if you can get an Ambassador to promote Nightbane and Beyond the Supernatural at a horror con, HU at a comic con, and Rifts, Robotech, Splicers at a sci fi con.
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

I was thinking about this again after talking to a coworker of mine who joined our Palladium Fantasy group. He went to the Palladium website and got overwhelmed by the store. He didn't know where to go and what to start with. I think obviously redesigning the store isn't free and they don't need to do that. But maybe having a "getting started" document or "new player" document that walks them through character creation for each line and a product roadmap of where they can go from there.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Advertise to brick and mortar game stores.
Advertise to distributors.
Create a paid commission system for folks selling and promoting their products?
Hire a GM system?
Find a local GM database for hire?

Not sure... lots of options but if Palladium wanted to capitalized on people running their games the last few options are really great win. win for lots of people.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Having customers do the work is already how they do things.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
CapUsukA
Newb

Unread post by CapUsukA »

I have tried many times to get groups to play Rifts (even my kids) and everyone says it is hard to pick-up. I say the system needs to be streamlined. 2nd Edition has been out for a long time and people still have a hard time with learning the rules. They need at least a Quick Start guide. There is SOOOOOOOOO much awesome Rifts content, if they offered an easy way in, I have no doubt that people would buy at least 5-6 supplements within the first couple of months playing the game.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

They could have the main staff create MP3 Audio sound bytes people can add to there shows that represent and supports the Megaversal Ambassador efforts on the internet. Where it can be integrated into digital shows.

Also, they could offer downloadable content for on-line and chat games... They have a chat room that I suspect is under used. Digital content for that would be good to bolster traffic and use.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

Ulairi wrote:I was thinking about this again after talking to a coworker of mine who joined our Palladium Fantasy group. He went to the Palladium website and got overwhelmed by the store. He didn't know where to go and what to start with. I think obviously redesigning the store isn't free and they don't need to do that. But maybe having a "getting started" document or "new player" document that walks them through character creation for each line and a product roadmap of where they can go from there.

I actually did something like that, ages ago when there were less than a dozen World Books or so, for Rifts. Had copy of Transferring our Modern World excerpt, basic rules & rolls, and common equipment.
Helped those new to the System as well as setting (& gaming in general) hit the ground jogging.

Right now, I think Palladium would be well served by sectioning books by general purpose or location:

Core (RUE, BoM, GMG, maybe Conv 1 & 3/Darth Conversions)
NA
Asia
Europe
Water heavy
Other

Then new GMs & players can purchase the inter related books for the region they want, as well as the obvious location.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

I already did something earlier today here on where they could go in new media, but I will reply here for emphasis.

They need to get their YouTube Channel back up and running, though looking at it I think making a "New" channel with their actual name on it would be better because when I looked for "From the rifts" I thought that was the channel, and not "Maloquinn". That...was not a smart thing to do.

Really. Games Workshop have their own Channel called "Warhammer TV". Wizards of the Coast has two channels, one dedicated to D&D and the other to Magic: The Gathering, both channels having the games as the name for the channel.

When people look for Palladium, they are going to look for "Rifts" or "Robotech RPG" or "Palladium". Are they gonna find their official channel? Nope. They'll find "Maloquinn" and think that's just some independant guy who is fanboying about Palladium.

So that needs to happen.

I have also covered Novels and Comics in the link I gave, though I will expand that having actual Ads for the games would work too.
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
Knightblade9465
Newb
Comment: In Darkness, I shall be light. In times of doubt, I shall keep faith -Dawn of War III

Unread post by Knightblade9465 »

Customer service- we have 20 pages of posts with no reply. Each one of those people could have been a new RPG group and expanded to more groups. Everyone is at different places in their journey even the questions that seem silly.

Social Media of all kinds free advertisement

Getting people to hosting games at events, shops, conventions (thats where the gamers are)

Game Channel- Oh yeah some gaming session, its fee and if you get enough subscribers you get paid right, I would be interested on how the professionals play!
Knightblade9465
Newb
Comment: In Darkness, I shall be light. In times of doubt, I shall keep faith -Dawn of War III

Unread post by Knightblade9465 »

Customer service goes long way there are 20 pages of posts with no response. Just remember everyone is at a different place in there RPG journey and that could be a big discouragement.
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

The sad thing is that message boards are not the primary way folks talk about RPGs anymore. We are lucky that Palladium still has this place up when a lot of publishers have shut down their message forums and moved everything to Facebook and other social media platforms.

I don’t think posting here is actually advertising. They should be putting their efforts to Facebook and YouTube. I’d love some Facebook live type shows/podcasts where Kevin and other staffers can do a quick chat, talk about what they are working on, do sneak peaks and then after the Facebook live cast upload the recorded video to YouTube.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Ulairi wrote:The sad thing is that message boards are not the primary way folks talk about RPGs anymore. We are lucky that Palladium still has this place up when a lot of publishers have shut down their message forums and moved everything to Facebook and other social media platforms.

I don’t think posting here is actually advertising. They should be putting their efforts to Facebook and YouTube. I’d love some Facebook live type shows/podcasts where Kevin and other staffers can do a quick chat, talk about what they are working on, do sneak peaks and then after the Facebook live cast upload the recorded video to YouTube.

Well said- this is not where advertising happens, and I am glad the boards still exist!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by kennethk »

Message boards are for already die hard fans. They really should be using their social media accounts much better. That is how you attract new customer base, esp a younger base. Accept the reality that times and technology has changed. It is not the 1980s any more. Use what is out there. Get a social media manager. There is enough die hard Palladium gamers here who understand social media who would probably do it for free. Stop dragging your heels and re invent your image for the 21st Century.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

They HAD a social media manager. Like everything else they bit the hand that helps them and no longer have said social media manager.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

You'll notice there hasn't been a weekly update posted to their fb in 2 months and they haven't posted anything at all in over 3 weeks.

\m/
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

kennethk wrote:Message boards are for already die hard fans. They really should be using their social media accounts much better. That is how you attract new customer base, esp a younger base. Accept the reality that times and technology has changed. It is not the 1980s any more. Use what is out there. Get a social media manager. There is enough die hard Palladium gamers here who understand social media who would probably do it for free. Stop dragging your heels and re invent your image for the 21st Century.

I think they should have somebody managing their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc), cross posting things to Reddit and other forum sites, etc. The thing that we have to remember is that D&D is more than 90% of the hobby now and days. The RPG market has really shrunk for games that are not D&D.

I don’t think Palladium has the revenue to be able to spend on hiring a social media manager. Palladium would be better off putting their resources into the Megaversal Ambassador program than any social media anything. Let us do more on social media.

I really think that if Palladium could open up their game lines to third party publishers that would go a long, long way, to help grow the base. I think Goodman Games should be the model they follow to help modernize.
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

jaymz wrote:You'll notice there hasn't been a weekly update posted to their fb in 2 months and they haven't posted anything at all in over 3 weeks.

There was a post prior to the open house and another post this past week. I am a little sad that they didn’t post anything from the open house to their social media sites. That would have been a really good opportunity to make some noise.

I killed my Twitter and Facebook accounts so I don’t miss that.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Really? Last post by Palladium I see on Facebook is April 24th....

\m/
wizardofthenorth
D-Bee

Unread post by wizardofthenorth »

It appears that kindle worlds is closing down.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

wizardofthenorth wrote:It appears that kindle worlds is closing down.

Any idea as to why? it seems to have lots of IPs and books.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Warshield73 wrote:

My guess is that it wasn't profitable enough.

And my further guess is that Amazon handled promoting poorly, as did the original rights-holders.
I talked to two different author friends about the Kindle Worlds program shutting down, and their response was
"What's that?"
That's NOT the sign of good branding and promotion.

If the CW (or whomever) had a few bottom-of-the-screen scrawls saying stuff like "If you enjoy The Vampire Diaries, check out the Kindle Worlds fanfic!", then that might have gone a long way.
But as far as I know, there was little to no promotion of this potentially world-changing business model.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

jaymz wrote:Really? Last post by Palladium I see on Facebook is April 24th....

I’m talking about the website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

And I'm not. You were talking about Social Media and THAT was what I was responding too. So what if they posted to their website? Most people do not GO to their website unless they specifically want something since they also email it out to those who want it. Their social media, beyond some pics posts from the open house and related items, has been silent for two months. That's Twitter and Facebook. And frankly their "weekly updates" are hardly updates at all , they are copy pastes from week to week which at one point I believe had the same line about Kevin bumping into some random couple who had no idea the Open House was even going to happen (which if you believe he did that 3 weeks in a row then I have trouble believing you're sane) so forgive me if I count the website updates as an utter waste of time. At least when their twitter and FB guy was still doing it for them there were posts about live stream games and such. Now? Nothing since March 15th (again aside from some pics of the open house etc and even THAT is damn near a month ago) and since this thread is about what PB CAN do, not what are they already doing, and since I was responding YOUR mention of using social media, I am very unclear why you felt the need to interject about a website that hasn't changed in 7 years and even when relaunched was not exactly modern and up to date. This company and those working there have shown ZERO competence in using the tools available to them that could have easily brought them back some relevance to the industry but as usual they waited and waited and waited and waited for someone else to come along and do what work was needed for them instead of just DOING it. (Facebook, PDFs, hell DIGITAL PUBLISHING ALL took them literal YEARS to a DECADE to actually do what their competitors had been doing forever by comparison).

So what can Palladium do for free? All sorts of things but I expect them not to do anything unless someone else "volunteers" to do it for them since they themselves have almost NEVER shown a desire to put that effort in themselves.

Sidenote - their social media guy(s), as I stated earlier, were/are no longer their social media guy(s) thus no social media posts beyond said OH pics etc from the company.
Last edited by jaymz on Sat May 19, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

\m/
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

Calm down, Francis.

Here is the issue all of your holding your breath until you turn blue over social media: it doens’t matter. They don’t have a consistent pipeline of new product coming out to promote and they have a rules system that hasn’t been ‘revised’ in decades.

If they can get people to run their social media accounts for free: great! I don’t think they should spend a dime on it unless they can get product out. They need to make sure at lease the weekly updates are posted to FB. And yes, I know the weekly updates aren’t really updates. But it’s something and easy to copy and paste to FB.

But even if they do that....no products coming out. If we go back to the end of last year first part of this year we were supposed to have like 3 or 4 books by now and we’ve had 0 books. That’s the biggest issue with the company! They cannot earn revenue because they don’t have product coming out to sell. Last year at this time they were going to try to do a Podcast...I think that would have been great and doesn’t cost them anything other than an hour or two of time every month.

But, sparky, there has been movement from the fans on social media. Go do a YouTube search for content with Palladium in it and you’ll see that over the last year there has been a huge uptick in videos with Palladium content.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Calm down?

Last I checked, "francis", I'm not the one who commented and was apparently clueless to what I was responding too. Hint: that was you talking about them posting to their website while responding to a side discussion about their social media. Furthermore I am calm, trust me if I wasn't you'd know. And lastly, since apparently you missed what this entire thread is about, it's about what the COMPANY can actually do for FREE, not who can they get to volunteer to do stuff for free. They HAD someone doing social media. PB screwed it up and they stopped. There are a number of other things they can do as well. They'd don't. All of which has zero to do with getting product out because to survive as a company there are several things they need to do and putting out product is only one of them, which they can barely do. So one thing they can do is get more product out (which I've pointed out in this thread). I myself was working on a project for them (Fantasy OP along the lines of Pathfinder Society or DnD Adventurer's league) along with a few others, not to mention how many of us were freely giving our time to do work on RRT (FAQ, Conventional Forces rules, rules revisions, ect) that THEY should have been doing over the past three years of lies. They burned and bit all those helping hands as well.

So maybe instead of talking out your posterior you get a clue "sparky" and actually see what is being discussed here rather than trying to be a "passive aggressive cutesy smart" guy, because you aren't.
Last edited by jaymz on Sat May 19, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

\m/
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Ulairi wrote:But, sparky, there has been movement from the fans on social media.

:lol: Someone preaching to jaymz about movements from fans on social media... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

And my further guess is that Amazon handled promoting poorly, as did the original rights-holders.
I talked to two different author friends about the Kindle Worlds program shutting down, and their response was
"What's that?"

If the CW (or whomever) had a few bottom-of-the-screen scrawls saying stuff like "If you enjoy The Vampire Diaries, check out the Kindle Worlds fanfic!", then that might have gone a long way.
But as far as I know, there was little to no promotion of this potentially world-changing business model.

Sounds to me like the sort of thing Palladium would jump into; a soon-to-be abandoned product that hardly anyone has heard of. :ugh:
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Beast wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

"What's that?"

Sounds to me like the sort of thing Palladium would jump into; a soon-to-be abandoned product that hardly anyone has heard of. :ugh:

I was thinking the same thing. People have been pushing Amazon Worlds on the forums for a few years now and with it going away I was wondering how was PB not talked into going all in on this.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ulairi wrote:Calm down, Francis.

This was unnecessarry and really does not help the discourse around here. However, I do love a Stripes reference. '80's movies don't get much better then Bill Murray & Harold Ramis.

Ulairi wrote:Here is the issue all of your holding your breath until you turn blue over social media: it doens’t matter. They don’t have a consistent pipeline of new product coming out to promote and they have a rules system that hasn’t been ‘revised’ in decades.

If they can get people to run their social media accounts for free: great! I don’t think they should spend a dime on it unless they can get product out. They need to make sure at lease the weekly updates are posted to FB. And yes, I know the weekly updates aren’t really updates. But it’s something and easy to copy and paste to FB.

But even if they do that....no products coming out. If we go back to the end of last year first part of this year we were supposed to have like 3 or 4 books by now and we’ve had 0 books. That’s the biggest issue with the company! They cannot earn revenue because they don’t have product coming out to sell. Last year at this time they were going to try to do a Podcast...I think that would have been great and doesn’t cost them anything other than an hour or two of time every month.

But, sparky, there has been movement from the fans on social media. Go do a YouTube search for content with Palladium in it and you’ll see that over the last year there has been a huge uptick in videos with Palladium content.

I have to agree with all of this. Nothing said here matters until product starts rolling out and not just a little but a lot. Eight books a year and caught up on the Rifter then social media might matter.
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

jaymz wrote:Calm down?

Last I checked, "francis", I'm not the one who commented and was apparently clueless to what I was responding too. Hint: that was you talking about them posting to their website while responding to a side discussion about their social media. Furthermore I am calm, trust me if I wasn't you'd know. And lastly, since apparently you missed what this entire thread is about, it's about what the COMPANY can actually do for FREE, not who can they get to volunteer to do stuff for free. They HAD someone doing social media. PB screwed it up and they stopped. There are a number of other things they can do as well. They'd don't. All of which has zero to do with getting product out because to survive as a company there are several things they need to do and putting out product is only one of them, which they can barely do. So one thing they can do is get more product out (which I've pointed out in this thread). I myself was working on a project for them (Fantasy OP along the lines of Pathfinder Society or DnD Adventurer's league) along with a few others, not to mention how many of us were freely giving our time to do work on RRT (FAQ, Conventional Forces rules, rules revisions, ect) that THEY should have been doing over the past three years of lies. They burned and bit all those helping hands as well.

So maybe instead of talking out your posterior you get a clue "sparky" and actually see what is being discussed here rather than trying to be a "passive aggressive cutesy smart" guy, because you aren't.

Your first post to me was you being a dick. You could have been like “hey man...this what we’re talking about” and I would have been “my bad, I read most of these things on my phone and I made a mistake scrolling through too fast”. I’m not being passive aggressive at all. Take your head out of your ass and watch a movie every once and a while and you’ll get the reference.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Locked for review and a cool down.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”