Who Wants a Utimate Edition of Phase world?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Who Wants a Utimate Edition of Phase world?

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see a Utimate Edition of Phase world.
They can Update the Art,Add special skills for OCC,Maps of Phase World and 3 Galaxies,add some more RCC and Replaces the ships will with 101 adventure ideas.

All the Ship info can be move too Fleets of the 3 Galaxies 2,Real rules to make Both Militaries and Civilains ships.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Who Wants a Utimate Edition of Phase world?

Unread post by Jefffar »

I wouldn't mind it in the least. Perhaps turn it into a stand alone line rather than a series of Dimension Books.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
enyggma514
D-Bee

Unread post by enyggma514 »

Space opera seems to be all the rage right now. Paizo is releasing Starfinder this summer. It would be cool if Palladium repackaged Phase World into its own game line and re marketed it to the masses. Of course with all of the normal Palladium delays it probably wouldn't hit shelves until 2020 :p
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I would buy it. Though it would need:

Combining both the Phaseworld core and Dimension Book 3 combined into one.

Palladium take it's time and do a proper version of RUE. I like RUE yet it's poorly organized and could have stood to be in development for another 3-6 months.

No product placement or very minimal. RUE has too much product placement imo Way too much. If they want to put a what to buy next list. Either leave it at the end of the book. Or even better post a link to this site.

Make it the best RUE that it can be. This time around their absolutely no good reason that it can't be.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

As long as it does't take any real time away from other books. They are behind enough as it is.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I would love to see a better organized base version of the RUE ruleset, and PW would make a logical home for that. At a minimum building future books in more of the RUE style for OCCs would make sense.

The problem with pulling the DB3 ships out and putting them in Fleets is you now need a new version of Fleets as well. I would love to see a ship book with fleshed out ship building rules, but that is beyond just a RUE upgrade.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Don't need any more "So Called" ultimate editions. They didn't do very well with the one they did for rifts. Where they could of fixed the F'n stupid stuff and they just made it stupider (ref. CC's).

I doubt they would fix those same things in a new edition of db2. They would most likely just change them to match the new stupid stuff from rue.

All the good things brought in with rue can just be imported via GM fiat.
------------

The problem I have with the combat rules in the main-books is that they ONLY cover the basics. And they don't cover them very well. It is like the PB staff never comes here to even LOOK at the questions asked here because there is no canon text covering them.

One of the things that comes directly out of the too simple core combat rules is "when using a weapon that could be covered by multiple WPs, do those WP bonuses stack OR do you only use One of those WPs.?" (this particular question already has a argument topic in the rifts forum….again.)

@ whomever: NO, the short bit of text saying that WP are accumulative does not cut the mustard for this.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I don't need a Phase World Anthology or a second edition of RUE, but a Space Opera Game may make sense, but for Rifts I would prefer new books to restating existing ones.

Before that, or before a lot of other things, I would be really LOVE to see:
    - PFRPG really needs to see the finishing of Mysteries of Magic and Land of the Damned III as well as, dare I hope, an Old Kingdom book (or two), Phi and Lopan, and Land of the South Winds. I so want to see Palladium's take on the whole fantasy world!
    - and ... well ... BtS Arcanum and Tome Grotesque ...
    - oh, and a 2nd edition of Ninjas and Superspies. I love that game, but its rules and gadgets could really use an update.

That said, if it was a new Ultimate Edition, I would best love to see a Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

i would like it.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Definately! So many people want to use Cosmoknights, Phase Mystics etc they need to be updated
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Savage Phase World - I'd be all over that
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Hendrik wrote:Hi there,

I don't need a Phase World Anthology or a second edition of RUE, but a Space Opera Game may make sense, but for Rifts I would prefer new books to restating existing ones.

Before that, or before a lot of other things, I would be really LOVE to see:
    - PFRPG really needs to see the finishing of Mysteries of Magic and Land of the Damned III as well as, dare I hope, an Old Kingdom book (or two), Phi and Lopan, and Land of the South Winds. I so want to see Palladium's take on the whole fantasy world!
    - and ... well ... BtS Arcanum and Tome Grotesque ...
    - oh, and a 2nd edition of Ninjas and Superspies. I love that game, but its rules and gadgets could really use an update.

That said, if it was a new Ultimate Edition, I would best love to see a Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition.

I agree with Hendrik completely!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Only if the UE Phase World was a new updated rules and rewritten setting.

AKA, a total start from scratch overhaul of Phase World.

If not, I see no reason to buy a slight refresh of what I already own.

But I'm still partial to the Rifts Main Book vs. RUE.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Spinachcat wrote:Only if the UE Phase World was a new updated rules and rewritten setting.

AKA, a total start from scratch overhaul of Phase World.

If not, I see no reason to buy a slight refresh of what I already own.

But I'm still partial to the Rifts Main Book vs. RUE.

Now, I would not mind a ""revised"" edition of the PW book, it has a lot of …<searches for the proper words>…complications due to poor wording of character class texts and a few RCCs (racially restricted classes, Specifically the Noro CCs) that are just called OCCs. But calling it an "ultimate" edition is going too far.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”