2016 X-Mas Surprise Package available now !

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

2016 X-Mas Surprise Package available now !

Unread post by AlexM »

Or Grab Bag, if you prefer. We've been getting inquiries, so you can order one or more now. Get all the details here:

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... ckage.html

Alex Marciniszyn
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: 2016 X-Mas Surprise Package available now !

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Will be ordering in the near future! :D
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Already ordered one! This is the first year I didn't just ask for a bunch of books. I'm honestly excited to see what has been sent.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
ProfessorFate
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ProfessorFate »

Got excited. I thought this might be the first year I actually order one. Then saw the shipping price to Australia. Palladium's products are VERY hard to come-by here. :(
A hollywood marriage is succesful if it lasts longer than milk.
Malleustein
D-Bee

Unread post by Malleustein »

The shipping to the UK here has always been a bit steep, but ever since the moronic "Brexit" (how I hate that word!) the value of our (generally fairly steady) pound has plummeted in value, especially against the US $. Upshot of this idiocy is that a X-Mas Surprise Package would cost me over a £100 this year... That's a jump of over a third on P&P that was already twice the price of the package in previous years, folk!

I am in NO way shaking my fist at Palladium Books over this. It isn't your fault. It is the fault of my own stupid country. But it means I can't afford a Surprise Package this year...

And I'm pissed off about it...

And I needed to rant about it...

I feel slightly better now...

Slightly...

For everyone who is getting one this year, enjoy. And if you feel a slight burning sensation, it is me... Trying to kill you... With heat vision from across the pond!
"The Point is Good Deeds Were Done and We Were Nearby!"
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Malleustein wrote:The shipping to the UK here has always been a bit steep, but ever since the moronic "Brexit" (how I hate that word!) the value of our (generally fairly steady) pound has plummeted in value, especially against the US $. Upshot of this idiocy is that a X-Mas Surprise Package would cost me over a £100 this year... That's a jump of over a third on P&P that was already twice the price of the package in previous years, folk!

I am in NO way shaking my fist at Palladium Books over this. It isn't your fault. It is the fault of my own stupid country. But it means I can't afford a Surprise Package this year...

And I'm pissed off about it...

And I needed to rant about it...

I feel slightly better now...

Slightly...

For everyone who is getting one this year, enjoy. And if you feel a slight burning sensation, it is me... Trying to kill you... With heat vision from across the pond!

Maybe you could start a go fund me to get you one. I heard someone did it JUST to make some potato salad, and lets just say, he got WAY more then he was asking for. Though the story I heard could be a fake. I think I could spar a dollar for that.
Malleustein
D-Bee

Unread post by Malleustein »

Alpha 11 wrote:Maybe you could start a go fund me to get you one. I heard someone did it JUST to make some potato salad, and lets just say, he got WAY more then he was asking for. Though the story I heard could be a fake. I think I could spar a dollar for that.

Nah, not really my thing.

I was just having a grumble.
"The Point is Good Deeds Were Done and We Were Nearby!"
Jowers
Newb

Unread post by Jowers »

ProfessorFate wrote:Got excited. I thought this might be the first year I actually order one. Then saw the shipping price to Australia. Palladium's products are VERY hard to come-by here. :(

Yes nearly impossible unless you want to pay 4 to 5 times the price. Really unfortunate for us.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

I haven't played in a while but have been getting back into gaming again and thought that grabbing a grab bag would be a great kick off for things, but dang that shipping has become killer. I'm just across the border in Canada and shipping is over $50. It costs me more in shipping than for the surprise package. Last time I got one it was around $18-$22 for shipping.

I don't know what's happened to cause this but it's a real disappointment as I used to absolutely love getting the X-Mas Surprise Packages. For the rest of you though, enjoy! May Santa-Kev and his extra-dimensional elves be generous :)
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
rpgplaya1
D-Bee
Comment: "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't."

Unread post by rpgplaya1 »

I ordered mine on Nov. 5! It may seem corny to post this but I want to thank Palladium for offering this. It's first time I had learned of it and it's a good way for me to get the chance to update some of my older Palladium books and maybe get some new ones I never played before. A few of the books I have now have seen better days but that just means they've been enjoyed by fans like myself.
There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I shipped a package to Canada back in August using the flat rate boxes and it was $45.95. I don't know why but its insanely expansive to ship to Canada.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
rpgplaya1
D-Bee
Comment: "There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't."

Unread post by rpgplaya1 »

My order came today but one of the books inside wasn't on my list. I think the person who pulled the order misread the title. Hopefully Palladium can help me out. I sent a notice about it earlier.
There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Sorry to hear about the Shipping woes.
Yeah, I think what you all are experiencing is what Palladium and other companies have also experienced and have been enduring and that is the major increase in shipping called "Dimensional Weight". We first learned and experienced this new increase during the RRT shipping and it is horrible to say the least. Even if a you were to ship feathers in a medium box then they will charge the size of the box, not the actual weight. IF the box is heavier than the standardized scale for the box, then they charge the higher of the two. :x :x

The good side is with the Grab Bags, at least your able to get the books at half off so it kind of reduces the normal shipping cost and balances out.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get one this year; maybe even two...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I'll be getting one next week.
The Dragon Has Spoken
Ulairi
D-Bee

Unread post by Ulairi »

I ended up ordering a total of 5 this year.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I am sure I won't get it before Xmas, I waited too long, but got one :)

Happy Holidays all!
Dan Frederick

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”