Check out our Weekly Update for more news!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Check out our Weekly Update for more news!

Unread post by AlexM »

Gen Con with photos, announcement of a Rifts board game and more.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=183

Alex Marciniszyn
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Check out our Weekly Update for more news!

Unread post by Glistam »

I'm happy for Carmen and all that, but what ever happened with the board game that was developed by Scott Gibbons?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Glistam wrote:I'm happy for Carmen and all that, but what ever happened with the board game that was developed by Scott Gibbons?

Thanks for asking!

I don't want to put words into Kevin's mouth, so this might be a little sparse on details on PB's side - in a nut shell, Kevin has told me that he likes my board game and is definitely interested in putting it out as a product, but PB would need to do a Kickstarter to gather the funds, and Kevin is 100% dedicated to finishing RRT before doing any other PB Kickstarter. And unfortunately I and my family are not in a position to start our own company at this time (like Carmen is doing), so no, I can't do a Kickstarter on my own like Carmen is planning.

Now to pro-actively stamp out any possible Kevin bashing :) - Kevin talked with me MONTHS ago, when he and Carmen were just discussing the possibilities about Carmen doing a Rifts board game, because he (Kevin) didn't want me to feel bad or to think he (Kevin) wasn't interested in my board game anymore. I thought it was awesome that Kevin would even consider telling me about future plans, and very flattered that he thought enough about me to be concerned about my feelings.

Let me state here and now - I am 100% in support of Carmen's board game!!! It sounds like it will be a blast to play, and the picture of the sculpt in the Weekly Update is gorgeous! Carmen is an awesome dude, and I plan on supporting his Kickstarter to the max. I hope this board game is a resounding success that launches Carmen's business to stellar heights!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Involved Observer wrote:
Glistam wrote:I'm happy for Carmen and all that, but what ever happened with the board game that was developed by Scott Gibbons?

Thanks for asking!

I don't want to put words into Kevin's mouth, so this might be a little sparse on details on PB's side - in a nut shell, Kevin has told me that he likes my board game and is definitely interested in putting it out as a product, but PB would need to do a Kickstarter to gather the funds, and Kevin is 100% dedicated to finishing RRT before doing any other PB Kickstarter. And unfortunately I and my family are not in a position to start our own company at this time (like Carmen is doing), so no, I can't do a Kickstarter on my own like Carmen is planning.

Now to pro-actively stamp out any possible Kevin bashing :) - Kevin talked with me MONTHS ago, when he and Carmen were just discussing the possibilities about Carmen doing a Rifts board game, because he (Kevin) didn't want me to feel bad or to think he (Kevin) wasn't interested in my board game anymore. I thought it was awesome that Kevin would even consider telling me about future plans, and very flattered that he thought enough about me to be concerned about my feelings.

Let me state here and now - I am 100% in support of Carmen's board game!!! It sounds like it will be a blast to play, and the picture of the sculpt in the Weekly Update is gorgeous! Carmen is an awesome dude, and I plan on supporting his Kickstarter to the max. I hope this board game is a resounding success that launches Carmen's business to stellar heights!

That is really cool news to hear - thanks for responding!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Involved Observer wrote:

Thanks for asking!

You sir are a class act-
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

+1 to Zyanitevp! and of course +10 to Involved Observer!

I have had the honor of playing Involved Observer´s board game prototype during POH 2015 and it was amazing and fast and super fun...so I will support both projects, Carmen´s (next year) and Involved Observer´s (when it comes)...
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”