Character creation

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mercdj
D-Bee

Character creation

Unread post by mercdj »

Im running a Palladium game,amd I have a player who wants to create a mutated and genetically enhanced character, he presented what he created and he used base stats from tmnt for his creature and used the eugenics tables from superheroes unlimited powers 2 (1st edtion). And whe i was looking at his character he ended up with a + 27 to inaiative, I can only account for 11 which I can live with for a level one character. But what im wanting to know is if the character is possible and legal to play with in the palladium dimention.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Character creation

Unread post by Glistam »

What's "legal" in Palladium is different from what's "possible." Especially to a player such as this, the G.M. needs to set clear rules on how characters should be created. Specifically, what book or books are "legal" to use in their game, and when they're allowed to go outside of those books to supplement the creation of that character. The character you've described so far may very well be "possible" (I don't have enough info to say for certain), but it's up to the G.M. to determine if it's "legal."
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Note these are knee jerk responses based on you description and assuming you are talking about the Heroes Unlimited 2nd ed setting.

Legal (Per the canon text): No, not within the HU2 setting. The Mutant Animal power Cat. and the Eugenic Power cat. are separate character templates. There is no provision in the books (outside Rifter 9.5 and Rifter ??) for a char to have two Power Cat's. Rifter ?? does have optional text for combining ""two"" power cats in a single char, but the char would then be considered a MegaHero.
Note: if you as the GM are comfortable with combining power cat's that is your choice as the GM.

Possible: I think the best Init bonus I have ever seen was a +17, and that was a Splicers char in a High powered game. So I doubt it is possible.

To give a more comprehensive commentary we would need to see the complete char sheet. (stats, race, powers, skills, charter mods).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yeah, Drew is right if it’s a Heroes Unlimited game they shouldn’t have both the Mutant Animal and Eugenic category. If they really want a ‘animal’ looking character you can just build the Eugenic character and cosmetically have them look like whatever animal they want and have them buy claws/teeth/etc through the Eugenics lists.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Yes what you are describing is basically a mega hero taking powers from two separate power categories. In theory legal but I would have them follow the mega hero guide lines and generally those come with some potent hinderances if I recall correctly.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

kaid wrote:Yes what you are describing is basically a mega hero taking powers from two separate power categories. In theory legal but I would have them follow the mega hero guide lines and generally those come with some potent hinderances if I recall correctly.

Taking two Power cats is an Officially Optional (see the mention of the Rifter text) item. There is no theory.

From what I recall you just get the two power cats and have to use the mega-hero exp table. None of the other MH mods.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
mercdj
D-Bee

Unread post by mercdj »

I know I have seen the table before i just cant remember in which book it is in, Im loking for the physical damage table for non super natrual creatures. I can only ever find the one of supernatural stregth. Is the table for regular stregth outthere or what do i do
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

mercdj wrote:I know I have seen the table before i just cant remember in which book it is in, Im looking for the physical damage table for non super natural creatures. I can only ever find the one of supernatural strength. Is the table for regular strength out there or what do i do

The damages for normal PS combat moves are in the combat move texts. (Add in exceptional Stat PS bonus if any.)

The bonuses for Ex PS and Superhuman PS is listed in the power's text. Which, for both, just comes to adding a few points to the char's normal PS (so they get an exceptional stat bonus), and changing the Char's lift/carry capacities (each different from the other).
jlm2924
D-Bee
Comment: "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Unread post by jlm2924 »

Greetings:

I have a (perhaps) a quick question. I have been running a HU2 campaign with a side Mutants campaign (simultaneously). I have players that have, Extraordinary P.S., Superhuman P.S., Supernatural P.S. and Cosmic P.S.. Now I already know the carry/max lift limits. Where I am fuzzy is the damage charts for the various categories in regards to H.T.H. damages (kicks/punches/pull punch/etc.).
mercdj
D-Bee

Unread post by mercdj »

I was wondering if there is a damage table for normal PS characters, I can find the damage table for supernatural and extra ordinary PS characters. So I'm wondering if the table exists and im not seeing it or it doesn't exist.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

jlm2924 wrote:Greetings:

I have a (perhaps) a quick question. I have been running a HU2 campaign with a side Mutants campaign (simultaneously). I have players that have, Extraordinary P.S., Superhuman P.S., Supernatural P.S. and Cosmic P.S.. Now I already know the carry/max lift limits. Where I am fuzzy is the damage charts for the various categories in regards to H.T.H. damages (kicks/punches/pull punch/etc.).

Ex PS and SH PS only add more points to the PS Score. See the Atribute bonus table & combine with the move damage listings in the combat section.
SN PS damage table is in the SNPS power listing.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”