Convention Experences with Palladium Books

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Convention Experences with Palladium Books

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

Just wondering is anyone else went to visit with Kevin and the Palladium gang at Anime North 2016???

I went and visited with them and they are such a great group of guys. Even got to play in the Palladium Fantasy Lord Da-Silva game (that was epic fun and I got to play the Cobbler Goblin, love playing goblins), and I got to try Robotech Tactics for the first time (Frankly a very well done miniature game. I was sold on it)

They were even kind enough to bring my order to the con for me to pick up (about $100.00 of stuff) which saved me on the shipping.

And just like last time (Anime North 2013) having Palladium Books there helped make it for me one of my best con experiences ever. I just hope they make it a regular con stop.

Dose anyone else have any good Convention Stores when it comes to Palladium Books?
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)
TagsPB
Explorer

Re: Convention Experences with Palladium Books

Unread post by TagsPB »

Glad to have met you there (sorry again for that arrow incident).
2013 I wasn't able to game with Kev due to issues of helping run the convention, THIS year I tried to make sure I'd have the time and I'm glad I did.

And we hope to have Palladium Books back again.
Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

TagsPB wrote:Glad to have met you there (sorry again for that arrow incident).
2013 I wasn't able to game with Kev due to issues of helping run the convention, THIS year I tried to make sure I'd have the time and I'm glad I did.

And we hope to have Palladium Books back again.

You never have truly gamed with someone till they shoot you at least once. And I i Agree I hope Palladium becomes a regular there.
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I was at the last Open House and that was fantastic. But there's a whole forum subsection on that.

There was the Penguicon 2015, that stands out to me. Not a huge amount of gamers there so I was able to talk to Jeff Burke and Chuck Walton about gaming/anime for hours. Meanwhile, my father (who has done some art for Palladium many years ago), was chatting with Julius for a long time and they were doing impressions of actors, like John Wayne, Walter Brennan, ect, and what they would sound like as player characters, which had me cracking up. I didn't know Julius did such a good John Wayne voice. Now that alone was worth it. Julius and Jeff told me about some adventures/campaigns they had run, that was cool too.

I have some good memories of a little Con in Dearborn, running in a Reflex Point Robotech adventure was the high point there, along with checking out what Chuck and Ben Rodrigeuz were drawing. That's always very interesting to me. Chuck was really talking up Splicers, he had such a passion for it, that I bought the book then and there. Kevin had a panel talk about licensing which was very informative to me. Jeff was there with a Robotech display, I believe I picked up Miriya's Female Power Armor there. The rest of the Palladium crew was there, and I remember the voice actors for Adventure Time were on the other side of the room. It was a lot of fun for a small local Con.
misone
D-Bee
Comment: "subtle as a hand grenade in a china shop"

Unread post by misone »

Jefram_denkar wrote:Just wondering is anyone else went to visit with Kevin and the Palladium gang at Anime North 2016???

I went and visited with them and they are such a great group of guys. Even got to play in the Palladium Fantasy Lord Da-Silva game (that was epic fun and I got to play the Cobbler Goblin, love playing goblins), and I got to try Robotech Tactics for the first time (Frankly a very well done miniature game. I was sold on it)

They were even kind enough to bring my order to the con for me to pick up (about $100.00 of stuff) which saved me on the shipping.

And just like last time (Anime North 2013) having Palladium Books there helped make it for me one of my best con experiences ever. I just hope they make it a regular con stop.

Dose anyone else have any good Convention Stores when it comes to Palladium Books?

Oh, i didn't see this topic until just now... I was just across the table from you, playing the Dwarven Warrior; btw, the way you successfully charmed Lord Da-Silva in the opening encounter was hilarious.

I'm also hoping they become regulars at AN; while i would love to attend one of their Open House events, Toronto is just about the limit of how far i can reasonably travel, for the foreseeable future.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”