RIP - Randi Cartier :(

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

RIP - Randi Cartier :(

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I just saw this week's update email from Kevin

I just received the shocking news that a dear friend, Randi Cartier, died this morning. The cause is unknown. I’m so stunned and saddened by this news I can barely think or write. Randi and her husband Roger have been dear friends for decades, and both have contributed to the Palladium Fantasy RPG® setting. She will be sorely missed. Our deepest condolences to Roger, family and friends.

I had the chance to meet and game with Randi & Roger at a Palladium Open House where they hosted nearly round the clock Palladium Fantasy events with a gorgeous Dwarven Forge collection. Good people, fun gamers. I'm sure if you flip through your Palladium collection, you will see Randi's name as a contributor in many of your books.

Best wishes to her family.
Maryann
Adventurer

Re: RIP - Randi Cartier :(

Unread post by Maryann »

I'm so sorry to hear this news :( Randi was one of the kindest, most gentle souls I've ever had the pleasure of calling my friend. She was one hell of a gamer too, her wolfen were always something to contend with.

Her passing will leave a huge hole in this world. Rest In Peace sweet lady, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Roger today.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Where they the ones running the game at POH '09 where they used minis and an elaborate 3D cavern set up where they'd use cardboard covering it to keep the players from using PK? If that was them, I'm glad I got a chance to meet them. If it wasn't, I'm sorry I didn't. May she red in peace an my her family find comfort in friends and family and their shared memories.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

R.I.P. :(

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Flags all across the Palladium Fantasy world are now flying at half mast and the
Wolfen Empire is in tears. What a wonderful woman with an insightful imagination.
Only wish I could have talked to her a few more times in person. R.I.P.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, Roger told me the news yesterday, which is a tribute to his character. I met Randi at Origins in 2001, which was the first Con I ever attended. We had corresponded before that, and I can't even remember how we started. But, she was so excited to meet that she and her friend Pat immediately dragged me over to the buttons table to buy me a button and affix it to my shirt. Whenever we met at the Open House, she would always give me a hug. She was a delightful person, with nothing but kind words and courtesy at all times.

She also was the opposite at the gaming table. She had a sensibility and a no ******** approach while gaming. She was a ruthless GM, who would brook no nonsense and would not coddle PC's no matter how badly they played. It was always fun to play in her games because you had to be careful! She had a chart for critical strikes that went from double damage on the low end to death on the high end, with nothing but nastiness inbetween. It was great. Zer0 Kay, she was the one running that adventure, and it was awesome. Every time something opened up, there was a new surprise. It was a delight.

I am not going to act as if this is a greater loss to me than to Roger or her family and friends up in Windsor. However, I do feel the loss of a friend, and I am positive this is a loss for the entire gamin community.

-Vek
"Randi, if you can see this, game on."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Veknironth wrote:Well, Roger told me the news yesterday, which is a tribute to his character. I met Randi at Origins in 2001, which was the first Con I ever attended. We had corresponded before that, and I can't even remember how we started. But, she was so excited to meet that she and her friend Pat immediately dragged me over to the buttons table to buy me a button and affix it to my shirt. Whenever we met at the Open House, she would always give me a hug. She was a delightful person, with nothing but kind words and courtesy at all times.

She also was the opposite at the gaming table. She had a sensibility and a no ******** approach while gaming. She was a ruthless GM, who would brook no nonsense and would not coddle PC's no matter how badly they played. It was always fun to play in her games because you had to be careful! She had a chart for critical strikes that went from double damage on the low end to death on the high end, with nothing but nastiness inbetween. It was great. Zer0 Kay, she was the one running that adventure, and it was awesome. Every time something opened up, there was a new surprise. It was a delight.

I am not going to act as if this is a greater loss to me than to Roger or her family and friends up in Windsor. However, I do feel the loss of a friend, and I am positive this is a loss for the entire gamin community.

-Vek
"Randi, if you can see this, game on."

That was an AMAZING game so freaking challenging and funny because we were playing with pregen characters yet she had me playing so cautiously, scared that whatever was coming around the corner was going to kill my character like it was a character I'd spent hours working on. Freaking brilliant. :(. Sorry Roger, thank you for sharing her time with us. I really pray you and your family find comfort and celebrate her life.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

I only knew Randi Cartier via her written contributions to Palladium Fantasy, but if her work was as significant a part of the ongoing evolution of the PFRPG and with the Canine Races as you all have said, I have a fair bit to thank her and her memory for. My sympathies are with her family and friends in this time of grief and the early beginnings of healing.

"The Ebon Guard will blacken their weapons in mourning for the next three days and nights. Hail Gods and Ancestors, Sires and Dams, Blood of Prey and Blood of Kin! A warrior begins her journey thus!"

-Boe.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Maryann wrote:I'm so sorry to hear this news :( Randi was one of the kindest, most gentle souls I've ever had the pleasure of calling my friend. She was one hell of a gamer too, her wolfen were always something to contend with.

Her passing will leave a huge hole in this world. Rest In Peace sweet lady, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Roger today.

I only met them a few times but was none the less sad to hear of her passing from Maryann. :(
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”