Signed copy of After the Bomb???

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Icharbezol
Newb

Signed copy of After the Bomb???

Unread post by Icharbezol »

I ran across something today that I've had boxed up in storage for quite a while - a copy of After the Bomb (the complete role-playing game version). Inside the front cover on page 3, I found something I never noticed at all until now. There seem to be signatures there from Kevin Siembieba, Alex Marciniszyn, Wayne Smith, and Julius Rosenstein. They appear to be actually inked into the paper with pens, and not just copied on the page through the printing process...it looks like the ink for each sig is from different pens, and some show through the back side of the page (especially so Kevin's sig).

I'm curious as to whether this is really a signed copy of the book (I don't recall ordering any special edition of it and the sticker price I paid was 22.95), or if somehow that was just something that came through in printing the book and all of them are like that.

In any case, it was a pretty cool discovery, and I'm putting the book up and will not be using it in play now. And thanks to the guys that signed the book if that is the case!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Signed copy of After the Bomb???

Unread post by Jefffar »

The books were never printed with signatures.

Likely the book was signed as a part of a Christmas Grab Bag.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Yup I have a large chunk of my collection with signatures like this from my xmas grab bags you can request signatures and some even do small drawings next to their sigs I have one of kevins that has a tiny dragon head drawing next to it in one of my books.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Yup, my AtB is signed too from a grab bag.

My PFRPG2 is probably the coolest, with a written message and dragon's head from the big man himself ^_^
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i have a Copy signed by Erick Wujick. not a grab bag one, i picked it up at a convention at the PB booth shortly after the new edition came out, and Mr. Wujick was there and signed it for me during the transaction.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Lucky
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Icharbezol wrote:I ran across something today that I've had boxed up in storage for quite a while - a copy of After the Bomb (the complete role-playing game version). Inside the front cover on page 3, I found something I never noticed at all until now. There seem to be signatures there from Kevin Siembieba, Alex Marciniszyn, Wayne Smith, and Julius Rosenstein. They appear to be actually inked into the paper with pens, and not just copied on the page through the printing process...it looks like the ink for each sig is from different pens, and some show through the back side of the page (especially so Kevin's sig).

I'm curious as to whether this is really a signed copy of the book (I don't recall ordering any special edition of it and the sticker price I paid was 22.95), or if somehow that was just something that came through in printing the book and all of them are like that.

In any case, it was a pretty cool discovery, and I'm putting the book up and will not be using it in play now. And thanks to the guys that signed the book if that is the case!

:ok: Nice Find hiding away in your collection!

glitterboy2098 wrote:i have a Copy signed by Erick Wujick. not a grab bag one, i picked it up at a convention at the PB booth shortly after the new edition came out, and Mr. Wujick was there and signed it for me during the transaction.

Very cool, lucky indeed!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”