Rifts for Savage Worlds has launched on Kickstarter

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Rifts for Savage Worlds has launched on Kickstarter

Unread post by AlexM »

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: Rifts for Savage Worlds has launched on Kickstarter

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Squeeee!!!!!! :D I am so excited for this!!!! The artwork is amazing!!!! Squeeeee!!!!!!!!! <happy dance>
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Involved Observer wrote:Squeeee!!!!!! :D I am so excited for this!!!! The artwork is amazing!!!! Squeeeee!!!!!!!!! <happy dance>

AAAANDD we are off. The art looks excellent and it looks like we are already almost to the 40k stretch goal off to an auspicious start. I wish palladium and the savage world folks all the best with this kick starter and I put my 100 bucks towards the goal. I will probably have to get the poster map of NA once I can see what it looks like as well because I am dying for pretty maps of the rifts world.
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

I posted the following earlier in the day in the "Bugs/Suggestions" section, but it's probably not bad to have eyes on it here as well:

Given that the KS for the Pinnacle produced Savage Rifts is going to start (and probably fund) today*, it might be a good idea to have a revised policy for conversions with the Savage Worlds ruleset; there's going to be plenty of conversations about including material not directly addressed by the materials specifically released by Pinnacle, and I'm pretty sure that if the conversation isn't had here it'll be over on the Pinnacle forums - and I would think that it would be in Palladium's best interest to drive the sales from here for further source material.

If nothing else, this should probably be thought about and decided on now (or ASAP) before the SW materials hit the masses and it becomes a possible problem.

*Note: This has already happened.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Given it looks like they were only aiming for slightly less than 9k funding it already funded 4 times over. It looks like from what it sounds like on the kick starter they have some conversion rules to convert existing occ to savage world rules so I have to assume this kind of conversion is expected/intended. Honestly it probably benefits palladium to support that as much as possible give people a lot of incentive to purchase existing palladium stuff even if they are doing savage worlds.
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Unread post by blackwingedheaven »

Funded! Faster than a boom gun's flechette rounds!
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire
Furoan
Wanderer

Unread post by Furoan »

...wow.

* The Kickstarter funded in under a minute after launch.

* All stretch goals were funded in under 30 minutes

* It hit $100,000 in under ten hours.

Apparently the people over at Pinacle are working on more stretch goals.

People, this is awesome. I've put my money down, its looking pretty danm great.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

It's very encouraging to see this kickstarter doing so well.

What is this "Tomorrow Legion" and "Castle Refuge" the kickstarter keeps harping on? Will we see that on the Palladium side of things?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Hotrod wrote:It's very encouraging to see this kickstarter doing so well.

What is this "Tomorrow Legion" and "Castle Refuge" the kickstarter keeps harping on? Will we see that on the Palladium side of things?

Our game group is playing Rifts. I introduced the Tomorrow Legion in game and such...we are playing 105 PA (start of war) I will jump the game in time after Savage Rifts is released :)

I found this on the net:

In the far north of what was once Arkansas, not far from Branson, Missouri, Castle Refuge stands strong as a place of safety, healing… and promise. From the blood of the Juicer Uprising; the terror of the Coalition’s Campaign of Unity; the horrors of Lord Dunscon’s territorial machinations; and the still-smoldering ashes of Tolkeen; from all of this rises both Castle Refuge and its ever-growing garrison of defenders. In the coming days, these defenders will grow into something more – an army of hope and justice for a world in need of saving, called the Tomorrow Legion

A group of novice Legionnaires are dispatched to the east, approaching the border of the Magic Zone. Refugees from the area report aggressive CS patrols out of Fort Eldorado engaging in genocidal action against DeeBee populations and anyone giving them shelter. The heroes are asked to investigate, gather information, and help where they reasonably can.

Their first encounter has them running smack into a small-but-deadly squad of Deadboys and Skelebots. Things just get worse from there…

Source http://www.andocon.org/the-universe-of-rifts-gets-savage/
Dan Frederick
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I'm in on this - would have been sooner but work computers won't access KS.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Hotrod wrote:It's very encouraging to see this kickstarter doing so well.

The Tomorrow Legion is the new heroic faction being introduced for Savage Rifts. Basically, Erin Tarn, Lord Coake, and a bunch of other big names decide to form a new organization in the wake of the war against Tolkeen to act as a check to the Coalition's power while the Coalition is still recovering from its losses. The Legion acts as a reason to have adventurers get together and do stuff, a unifying theme for the game. Castle Refuge is their stronghold out in Arkansas.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

The stretch goals that are already met include the Dog Boy and Psi Stalker PDFs!
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I backed it with 6 minutes to go! 437k for this KS. I'll be interested to see what kind of product they come up with. I'm particularly interested in the maps.

EDIT: It's all over! $438,076 pledged! All 42 stretch goals unlocked! I wonder how long it'll take for them to deliver?
Last edited by Hotrod on Thu May 19, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Pretty good for a KS only aiming for $8000.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hotrod wrote:
EDIT: It's all over! $438,076 pledged! All 42 stretch goals unlocked! I wonder how long it'll take for them to deliver?

With the expanded player's guide, Pinnacle's estimate is early to mid July for the pdfs to be delivered, with a physical reward delivery in November or December.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Congrats!
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

blackwingedheaven wrote:
With the expanded player's guide, Pinnacle's estimate is early to mid July for the pdfs to be delivered, with a physical reward delivery in November or December.

Already greatly looking forward to it. :bandit:
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Sounds like they are aiming the beastiary and GM book for june and want the players guide then too but that is getting expanded so that could slip to july which seems fine for me. I would much rather have a lot of the lower stretch things baked in to the player guide than keeping track of 20 different pdf's
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I heard the Extra's for the PDF won't be out till July but the regular PDF players guide will out at the regular time.That's what I heard the plan is.
I've heard you can contact them and get a prompt response time if you have specific questions.
(I don't have the contact info but it should be one the site).
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

It looks like for backers the first PDF is released but the initial apocalypse of people trying to grab it is kicking the pinacle web page in the jimmy at the moment. But looks like this is a clear indication they are on track for june/july release of all the .pdfs which is nice to see.
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador

kaid wrote:It looks like for backers the first PDF is released but the initial apocalypse of people trying to grab it is kicking the pinacle web page in the jimmy at the moment. But looks like this is a clear indication they are on track for june/july release of all the .pdfs which is nice to see.

I even started a thread to talk about the book. =)
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yay for release, boo for an over worked webpage. Though I admit (and they did too in the email I got) that they figured things would be slow on their webpage.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

They have started releasing drive through RPG links for backers now. I got my link and that worked fine and I have my copy now of the tomorrow legion book. PDF looks nice but probably going to wait till later when I can throw it on my tablet to really read it.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

As I said elsewhere S.D.C. server vs M.D. traffic load.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Just the standard mistake of don't send all your invites out at one time. You have to stagger them and give enough times between the waves to digest loads of traffic. If you just unleash the kraken all at once the traffic is just going to keep kicking your server in the nuts repeatedly until it not only can't function but you can no longer access it because its I/O locked.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”