Rifter Subscription coupons for .pdf discounts?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LastFrontiersman
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifter Subscription coupons for .pdf discounts?

Unread post by LastFrontiersman »

Hullo,

So I've suggested this before, and what I'm hoping to accomplish here is to show/discover if there is any interest in this.

If Palladium offered with each Rifter subscription, say a 15% discount on .pdf documents purchased through drivethrurpg.com would you be more likely to subscribe to the Rifter?

I suspect, or believe that this could drive subscriptions and make Palladium more money, particularly seeing as how the .pdf's cost them next to nothing to produce.

Personally, I'd like to complete my Rifts collection, particularly the World Books. I do try to buy physical copy whenever I can, especially for my favorites like Triax, Japan, and Canada. But for those I am only semi-interested in the HALF PRICE digital version is a no contest. I believe they make the same profit, but can give the discount because they don't have printing costs. If I could speed this up by purchasing the Rifter I absolutely would. My Role-Playing budget is severely limited.

Upside of .pdf's: I can read them on my smartphone, and store them all on a SD card the size of my thumbnail (Saves space in my semi-arcane library which exceeds 1,000 books IRL)
Downside of .pdf's: I can't share them as easily with others and it is difficult for multiple people to look over my shoulder while scrolling on a computer screen or cell phone.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Re: Rifter Subscription coupons for .pdf discounts?

Unread post by Tiree »

Answer is - No. I don't buy Rifters, as it is Fan Wank IMO
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Tiree wrote:Answer is - No. I don't buy Rifters, as it is Fan Wank IMO

If you dont buy them, how did you come up with that delicately put opinion?
Not all the stuff appeals to everyone but there has been some serious gems for most subscribers. It's usually a matter of can you afford to sift through he stuff your not interested in to find it.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I agree, with that, there's stuff in Rifters that does not interest me, however, there's also been really great stuff in them as well.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Tiree wrote:Answer is - No. I don't buy Rifters, as it is Fan Wank IMO

If you dont buy them, how did you come up with that delicately put opinion?
Not all the stuff appeals to everyone but there has been some serious gems for most subscribers. It's usually a matter of can you afford to sift through he stuff your not interested in to find it.

I bought the "Best Of"
I received free copies of the Rifter from my FLGS who had a ton left over from something.
I received copies of the Rifter from friends
I received copies of the Rifter from Conventions as SWAG

Not to mention being able to review them at friends and my FLGS.

I have probably around 10 copies floating around. I am critical of the Rifter, and would be glad to purchase a copy of one that had 'Official Material' only. But, if they do publish this quick and easy money making material, I'd hope they would publish it as PDF as well.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

That would be nice if they did that. Though I'd most likely finish buying all the hard copies first, the get the PDF's.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

THIS is a great idea!

Palladium should include free PDFs of the Rifters sent in your subscription too! That would be a boon.
I also agree that Rifter subscribers should get % off DriveThru or other special offers for PDFs.

Palladium wants more subscribers and subscribers want more goodies and more bang for their buck.
PDFs cost nothing and they're great incentive bits.

As for "fan wank", I have not seen any chasm of talent between the Rifters and "official" supplements, especially since many Rifter articles are by freelancers who are writing supplements.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

I would not mind this
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

This is a very cool idea.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”