The Rifts Index Zero Content Wiki, Interested?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

carriath
D-Bee

The Rifts Index Zero Content Wiki, Interested?

Unread post by carriath »

After a long, and drawn out investigation into Titan Industries as my group prepares to venture into the Northern Gun books I & II potentially tapping into lucrative corporate espionage contracts.... I realized, it's really hard. Even with the GM's guide, to track down every reference to the Titan Industries, to figure out if it's in MI, if it's run by A.R.C.H.I.E., it's a lot of work across a library of books.

What I'm querying and proposing is a wiki that 100% respects Palladium's Trademarks by not posting any content, or copyrighted material, but instead creates a listing by subject of what book, and what page that information can be found on. It would vastly help me to prioritize (and add to) my purchase list of books I plan to get. (All of them please, especially out of print stuff). And I have a feeling it would both do the same for others, and provide a useful quick reference that stays current.

I DO NOT want to undercut sales of a future GM guide, or create a resource that would allow people to even get a general idea of what an O.C.C. or Robot does, or what it's stats are.. Just a quick index with no description that lists references people have found in the books.

Is this amicable to the Moderators? And to Kevin?

I could see this as a pay resource, although preferably NOT. It is much more efficient as an open resource community updated with good moderation to be sure no one posts anything beyond a page number and book. Potentially fan sources as well, or brief twitter length posts about why you were researching the topic/campaign subject idea.
------

To the G.M.
"Wait, even 1 point of M.D.C. will absorb the full effect of a GB Boom Gun? I have the Armor smith print me ten 1 M.D.C. shirts and I wear them layered with t-shirts over my armor."
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: The Rifts Index Zero Content Wiki, Interested?

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Talk to Palladium first if you are going to make this public
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Diamond_Spear
D-Bee

Unread post by Diamond_Spear »

zyanitevp wrote:Talk to Palladium first if you are going to make this public

Because they REALLY hate it when fans do something useful. It comes from years of horrible legal advice they've been given.
"If nothing we do matters, then the only thing that matters is what we do."

My country, the United States of America, died at 10:15 a.m. on June 28th, 2012. R.I.P.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Diamond_Spear wrote:

Because they REALLY hate it when fans do something useful. It comes from years of horrible legal advice they've been given.

Things have been improving, but they deserve to know.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
carriath
D-Bee

Unread post by carriath »

zyanitevp wrote:
Diamond_Spear wrote:

Things have been improving, but they deserve to know.

I know, look at Northern Gun 1 & 2 in the contributors section. It's huge. I can't believe I passed Northern Gun 2 up ... 4.. 5 times maybe before buying it.

Best book ever for running merc campaigns. We have the thunder doem... er Robodome. I'm hoping as I finish reading it I'll find some corporate espionage/cyberpunk stuff. You know running in the Shadows and all that. Can I say Shadowrun? I'm not advocating it, I'd just like to see some more of it. Japan is pretty good, but a corp war with CS and Northern Gun would be sweet.
------

To the G.M.
"Wait, even 1 point of M.D.C. will absorb the full effect of a GB Boom Gun? I have the Armor smith print me ten 1 M.D.C. shirts and I wear them layered with t-shirts over my armor."
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

There's a rifts wiki if you want to see how theyve done it;
http://palladiumriftsfansite.wikia.com/ ... kills_list:
LastFrontiersman
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by LastFrontiersman »

ScottBernard wrote:There's a rifts wiki if you want to see how theyve done it;
http://palladiumriftsfansite.wikia.com/ ... kills_list:

Thanks, I'm not actually wanting a wiki though, just an index... kind of like the GM guide, but without any of the descriptions, just a subject and the page numbers where it is mentioned across all the books and The Rifter. I only have about 20 books. (Only :P ) I am expanding it with the DrivethruRPG at half price 8-) but physical copy is nice for books that I really love... Triax & NGR II, and Naruni wave two are high on my wish list.

But the idea is, as a GM sometimes I need to research a particular subject like Titan industries when I am taking my group to a new area. I'm playing with the idea of them working for Northern Gun as contractors who help NG "recover misplaced technology" or steal. If you've looked at NG1 and NG2 then you know what I'm talking about. And it mentioned that Titan Industries is a big potential mark for them. BUT, tracking down all of the different areas where Titan Industries is mentioned, particularly it's origin story.... that was a pain, and after much research I tracked down a copy of Sourcebook 1 and read Titan industries. As a GM I don't want to look like an idiot when the players know that Titan Industries is a puppet arms dealer fro A.R.C.H.I.E. and I don't. So I'd like to know when it's mentioned and where.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”