2015 X-Mas Surprise Package !

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

2015 X-Mas Surprise Package !

Unread post by AlexM »

It's December 1st! Get one now before it's too... I mean, before the last minute rush is on:

http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... ckage.html

Alex Marciniszyn
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: 2015 X-Mas Surprise Package !

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Will be getting mine! :D
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I may be able to get two this year :D
The Dragon Has Spoken
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

My first one is on its way :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Waiting for a payday.

Look forward to grabbing one!
Dan Frederick
TechnoGolem
D-Bee

Unread post by TechnoGolem »

I've been saving up for a while to buy a few of these but ended up having to use that money to help out a friend and was only able to order one when the sale started. He paid me back today and now I am going crazy waiting for it to be delivered so that I can order more. I was hoping it would arrive today but tomorrow or Monday is more likely.

I should be able to come very close to completing my collection this year. :)
TechnoGolem
D-Bee

Today I got the two grab bags I ordered. The first one I was extremely happy with and got several books I really wanted. The second one I asked for various special items which ended up being a bit disappointing. I didn't get the item I wanted the most but that didn't bother me too much.

What disappoints me is I got 2 items I didn't ask for and really don't like. The first was an art print for one my least liked covers and the other was a book for various cover art. To be brutally honest, I've never liked books like that and always threw them in the garbage when they came with video games I've purchased. In the end I only ended up getting $65 worth of items I actually wanted.

I don't want to be ungrateful, and I still came out ahead if I were to buy these items normally, but it is hard not to be disappointed when you get 2 things you never asked for, don't like, and feel like you didn't really get your money's worth. Still, the first was amazing and this disappointment won't stop me from ordering more grab bags.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

My only problem with the Grab Bags is I have everything save for the latest/newest books. So I always end up with signed duplicates. It is a great deal for someone who doesn't have everything, but for someone like me it is kind of a waste. :(

Of course, I say that every year and end up getting it anyway. :D
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

FatherMorpheus wrote:My only problem with the Grab Bags is I have everything save for the latest/newest books. So I always end up with signed duplicates. It is a great deal for someone who doesn't have everything, but for someone like me it is kind of a waste. :(

See, that's where I am with it. There are a FEW other books out there now that I've held out on getting, but it's stuff like the Genesis Pit which I'm iffy on which is why I didn't get it in the first place. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
FatherMorpheus wrote:My only problem with the Grab Bags is I have everything save for the latest/newest books. So I always end up with signed duplicates. It is a great deal for someone who doesn't have everything, but for someone like me it is kind of a waste. :(

See, that's where I am with it. There are a FEW other books out there now that I've held out on getting, but it's stuff like the Genesis Pit which I'm iffy on which is why I didn't get it in the first place. :p
Daniel Stoker

Yeah, I usually ask for original artwork. But even my walls are getting full now. :D

I guess this is a 1st world problem.
mwhowell2001
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mwhowell2001 »

AlexM wrote:It's here and ready and waiting for your order:

http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... ckage.html

Alex Marciniszyn

I tell you, after going back to college to get my master's I appreciate special offers like this. Being a broke college student sucks. Thank you everybody at Palladium for all that you do.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Of course, I say that every year and end up getting it anyway. :D

I pretty much have hit that point to but plus side I have a new house so I needs art work so I can hang stuff on my empty walls! Kinda hoping they get the chaos earth book out next month then I will order something and try for that and some art or maybe a shirt.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

I'm definitely getting mine! My plans are to order it this weekend to beat the Christmas rush, so maybe that will help. But anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to what I'll get! Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :lol:
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Woots looks like the chaos earth book should be ready to go in a few weeks after it finishes layout and runs through the printer so for sure will get a grab bag with that requested and then maybe see if I can't get some art for the walls of my house.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

*runs through the house screaming like a girl*

I came home from running errands and there waiting for me was my surprise package, when i pick it up its oddly very light, then i shake it lightly and it rattles..........and then i open it up. No books....but.....OMG ITS THE RRT CORE BOX!!!!

Bless you Kevin :love:
The Dragon Has Spoken
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I just mailed off a package of high-quality color map prints I'm donating for this year's surprise packages. I know a few folks here on the board have expressed some interest in that, and after some experimenting, I've managed to create some nice printed versions of my maps, much nicer than the ones I brought to Open House. I donated prints of four maps:
Atlantis (Rifts)
Northern Gun/Upper Peninsula (Rifts)
Bizantium and its Colonies (Palladium Fantasy)
Land of the Damned (Palladium Fantasy)

They should arrive by the end of this week and will be available upon request for your packages.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Land of the Damned and Bizantium map would be a big bonus to me.
TechnoGolem
D-Bee

Sigh, I think I am done with X-Mas Surprise Packages. I had planned to order 4 more but more often than not I've been disappointed by my orders.

In the latest order I got yet another duplicate for a book I already owned and wasn't even on my list of requested books. This time I only ordered 1 package but listed 30 books I wanted and still this happened again. :(

Last year was amazing. Sadly I've been disappointed about something with every single order except one. The biggest disappointment this year was getting Robotech RPG Tactics. I never asked for it and my hands are screwed up so I could never even assemble the miniatures if I wanted to. I would much rather have received the books I actually asked for. :(

I'm glad things have worked out for the rest of you. I was hoping to complete my collection this year but sadly it didn't work out. I ended up falling well short of my dream due to duplicates and receiving items I didn't even ask for or want.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Do we know if the new chaos earth zombie book is actually at palladiums office now for shipping? I want to order my grab bag but want to make 100% certain that is there and in stock as I really need me some rift zombies to go with any art santa kevin sees fit to give me.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Supposed to ship today.

My pre order still says: pending.

You might want to wait a day.
Dan Frederick
agent_orange
D-Bee

Unread post by agent_orange »

TechnoGolem wrote:I don't want to be ungrateful, and I still came out ahead if I were to buy these items normally, but it is hard not to be disappointed when you get 2 things you never asked for, don't like, and feel like you didn't really get your money's worth. Still, the first was amazing and this disappointment won't stop me from ordering more grab bags.

Least your not one of the poor people who got lumbered with a copy of Robotech Tactics.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Official bump.

Alex Marciniszyn
Alpha 11
Palladin

Will be ordering when the new book is out.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Ordered mine, cannot wait.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Ordered mine hope santa kevin is kind to me again this year!
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I just got my box in and am quite happy with it's contents.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Hotrod,

I received one of your Northern Gun/Upper Peninsula maps :)

Very nice indeed. Thank you Sir.
Dan Frederick
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Fell wrote:Hotrod,

I received one of your Northern Gun/Upper Peninsula maps :)

Very nice indeed. Thank you Sir.

You're quite welcome! I'm glad you like it. Happy gaming, and Merry Christmas!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Ordered mine! Hope to get it Fri. or Mon.!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

FatherMorpheus wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Yeah, I usually ask for original artwork. But even my walls are getting full now. :D

I guess this is a 1st world problem.

I just got a new house. I can haz many walls for original art so here is hoping santa kevin gives me some fun stuff.
TechnoGolem
D-Bee

agent_orange wrote:
TechnoGolem wrote:I don't want to be ungrateful, and I still came out ahead if I were to buy these items normally, but it is hard not to be disappointed when you get 2 things you never asked for, don't like, and feel like you didn't really get your money's worth. Still, the first was amazing and this disappointment won't stop me from ordering more grab bags.

Least your not one of the poor people who got lumbered with a copy of Robotech Tactics.

Actually I was. It's currently in my closet as I try to decided what to do with it since I won't be able to assemble the minis. The game is a lot of fun but no one in my area plays it so its a dust collector for me. I really wish they came preassembled and painted so I could convince gamers around here to play it from time to time. I do love miniature games but I stick only to the ones where I don't have to assemble minis.

I'm still missing 26 books (not counting out of print issues of The Rifter) from my collection. I'm still debating if I want to risk it and order another grab bag or two. I've had a lot of mixed results this year. If I actually get books I ask for I will save a lot of money but that really hasn't been my luck. Kind of wondering if most of the books are out of stock. I've gotten several things I didn't ask for and already owned.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Ooo santa kevin was good to me this year all sorts of original art and prints a nice shirt and the wolfen empire adventure book which is the last of the PFRPG books I did not own. I now have a nice original Chuck lemurian sketch to put up on my wall.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

TechnoGolem wrote:
agent_orange wrote:

Actually I was. It's currently in my closet as I try to decided what to do with it since I won't be able to assemble the minis. The game is a lot of fun but no one in my area plays it so its a dust collector for me. I really wish they came preassembled and painted so I could convince gamers around here to play it from time to time. I do love miniature games but I stick only to the ones where I don't have to assemble minis.

I'm still missing 26 books (not counting out of print issues of The Rifter) from my collection. I'm still debating if I want to risk it and order another grab bag or two. I've had a lot of mixed results this year. If I actually get books I ask for I will save a lot of money but that really hasn't been my luck. Kind of wondering if most of the books are out of stock. I've gotten several things I didn't ask for and already owned.

One thing to note if you check the store page for specific items you can tell if they are back ordered or out of stock to avoid asking for things they simply can't include. I generally have really good luck if there are a few special things you really want do a bit of a write up in your wish list about how bad you want them. Usually if there is something you are really hot for at least that tends to be included. If you have 26 in print/stock books you want and just put those on your list you should get mostly just stuff from that list as thats a good amount of random choice already.
Alpha 11
Palladin

kaid wrote:
TechnoGolem wrote:
agent_orange wrote:

One thing to note if you check the store page for specific items you can tell if they are back ordered or out of stock to avoid asking for things they simply can't include. I generally have really good luck if there are a few special things you really want do a bit of a write up in your wish list about how bad you want them. Usually if there is something you are really hot for at least that tends to be included. If you have 26 in print/stock books you want and just put those on your list you should get mostly just stuff from that list as thats a good amount of random choice already.

I just list the exact books I want, copy and past the names from their week site, and always list more then the 10 they say to list, so that they have plenty. :D And got my books today! Got: Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: Resurrection; Mutant Underground; After the Bomb® RPG; Dead Reign® Sourcebook Two: Dark Places; and Dead Reign® Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead! Also ask for some spare parts to replace some on a VF in fighter mode that broke off and were lost, and they sent me spews for the VF in all 3 modes! Thanks Palladium! But no base though. Will have to find a replacement then some other way.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Bases are typically pretty easy to come by or at least ones that can be made to work with some glue at hobby/gaming stores.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I just ordered mine, can't wait to see what I get!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Got mine, everything I asked for.
This is why I love Palladium.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
bigmountain
D-Bee

Unread post by bigmountain »

Just opened my first surprise package and it is awesome. Nightbane, 2 sourcebooks for rifts, one for Palladium Fantasy, Rifter #70, and the Rifts graphic novel. And, a short note from Kevin. Awesome Christmas gift! Thank you!

Super excited to get the second one I ordered on 23 December. Might go for a third this year. This is one of my favorite traditions.
TechnoGolem
D-Bee

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Yet another flop for me when it comes to getting a grab bag. Not only did I get three books I didn't ask for or want but 2 of them were things they already sent me this year that I didn't ask for or want. :(

I keep asking for at least 10 books per order that are listed as in stock and missing from my collection. Along with all the out of print issues of the Rifter. I know they can't give me those issues but I ask in the small hope that I may even get one.

You would think it wouldn't be hard for them to give me stuff from just the 10 in stock items I asked for but I keep getting stuff I didn't ask for, want, and that they already sent me this year! Is this normal?

Hell on top of all that, I got a note requesting that I don't ask for out of print issues of The Rifter anymore. Talk about a holiday spirit killer. :(

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”