Shipping price on books ?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tmbn
Wanderer

Shipping price on books ?

Unread post by tmbn »

Why is shipping price on books extremly high in the Palladium book store for shipping outside US ? The cheapest shipping price was $54 dollar. Thats twice the cost of the book!?! I see other stores that have much cheaper shipping prices. Over half that price.

I want to buy books, but not with these shipping prices. Clearly you could get someone else to ship these books for far less price.

Is there other stores that have better shipping prices where I can buy Palladium books ? Please give me a tip.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Re: Shipping price on books ?

Unread post by Tiree »

Most folks do 1 of 2 things: 1) Buy from their FLGS (Avoids Shipping Charges) or 2) Buy enough in bulk to make that shipping charges worth it.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

Both good suggestions Tiree but I know from personal experience here in the UK that no FLGS carries Palladium stock and there is rarely an occasion where I can find a group of people interested enough in splitting shipping over several books.

I'm sure tmbn is facing similar problems, my only suggestion is to try other online retailers that may have the book your looking for in stock with more reasonable shipping rates.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

Yes. The stores here don't run Palladium. Some years back i got them to buy palladium books but that is over now. Also as McPherson states, I dont have many people to buy with.

I really want to buy the books from the official store, but with those shipping prices its too expensive. So if anybody have ha tip of a good store selling Palladium books with cheap shipping prices please let me know.

Or if enough people scream about cheaper shipping maybe they will do something about it and get another shipper abroad. :)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

McPherson wrote:Both good suggestions Tiree but I know from personal experience here in the UK that no FLGS carries Palladium stock and there is rarely an occasion where I can find a group of people interested enough in splitting shipping over several books.

I'm sure tmbn is facing similar problems, my only suggestion is to try other online retailers that may have the book your looking for in stock with more reasonable shipping rates.

- End of Line -

LeisureGames.com have the largest selection of PB's merch here in the UK. I found them at this years UK games expo.

I would be eating up these sales if it werent for p&P :(
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

tmbn wrote:Why is shipping price on books extremly high in the Palladium book store for shipping outside US ? The cheapest shipping price was $54 dollar. Thats twice the cost of the book!?! I see other stores that have much cheaper shipping prices. Over half that price.

I want to buy books, but not with these shipping prices. Clearly you could get someone else to ship these books for far less price.

Is there other stores that have better shipping prices where I can buy Palladium books ? Please give me a tip.

Because shipping outside the US is expensive, larger companies like Amazon eat a lot of the cost of shipping. I suggest checking out Amazon's UK page or finding a game store in UK with an online store.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
tmbn wrote:Why is shipping price on books extremly high in the Palladium book store for shipping outside US ? The cheapest shipping price was $54 dollar. Thats twice the cost of the book!?! I see other stores that have much cheaper shipping prices. Over half that price.

Because shipping outside the US is expensive, larger companies like Amazon eat a lot of the cost of shipping. I suggest checking out Amazon's UK page or finding a game store in UK with an online store.

This was my next suggestion. Local Amazon Online store. I think you can buy the books from them.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Shipping bites. I wanted to buy a paperback novel a while ago from the US. Think the book was about $15 or so, but they wanted $96 USD to ship to Australia!!
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Have you ever tried asking your local gaming store to special order them for you? They might be able to pull them in more cheaply than ordering directly from Palladium. Maybe not, but just a suggestion.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

How are the books shipped to International customers? US Postal Service is usually the best bet for cheap rates internationally. Just so our friends abroad know Americans get hosed plenty on shipping too. I collect board games and spend quite a bit on postage from the UK and Europe.

If there is an item you simply must have PM me and I'll try to help.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Leisure Games

Based in London and looks like a large selection of Palladium Books at fair prices.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

CyCo wrote:Shipping bites. I wanted to buy a paperback novel a while ago from the US. Think the book was about $15 or so, but they wanted $96 USD to ship to Australia!!

Yeah, that's not a realistic quote, that's either someone trying to gouge on shipping or an automated system that's poorly set up.

I can ship like 5 pounds of random crap through Fed Ex to Australia for maybe $30, swiftly and safely. There's no reason for a single book to cost nearly $100.

Shipping is certainly not cheap, but one need not be a business to see that it's not *that* insane. Amazon works (in part) on massive bulk savings, and by having local warehouses to dispatch from, and similar to Walmart, pull in a lot through moving a *LOT* of material hour to hour, let alone day to day.

But regarding the OP: yeah, check local Amazon, and other online retailers. Not only will you save on shipping, you'll probably find the book cheaper as well. Win/win.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Forar wrote:
CyCo wrote:Shipping bites. I wanted to buy a paperback novel a while ago from the US. Think the book was about $15 or so, but they wanted $96 USD to ship to Australia!!

Yeah, that's not a realistic quote, that's either someone trying to gouge on shipping or an automated system that's poorly set up.

I can ship like 5 pounds of random crap through Fed Ex to Australia for maybe $30, swiftly and safely. There's no reason for a single book to cost nearly $100.

Shipping is certainly not cheap, but one need not be a business to see that it's not *that* insane. Amazon works (in part) on massive bulk savings, and by having local warehouses to dispatch from, and similar to Walmart, pull in a lot through moving a *LOT* of material hour to hour, let alone day to day.

But regarding the OP: yeah, check local Amazon, and other online retailers. Not only will you save on shipping, you'll probably find the book cheaper as well. Win/win.

I realize that. You realize that. Many wouldn't. I'm under the impression that some sellers/stores overseas charge like a wounded bull when it comes to shipping to Oz because either it's a pain and costs a fair portion, or because everyone thinks that because we generally tend to have higher wages in Oz, that we're happy to be charged more. Don't factor in the higher cost of living, why would you do that? So in an attempt to not have to ship to Oz, they mark their shipping price way high to scare off prospective Oz buyers. I know that sounds more than a little screwy, but I know of other people who think along the same lines.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
anakeron
D-Bee

Unread post by anakeron »

you can try my seller : http://www.impsshop.de
if he don't have in stock contact him and he will make order.
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

Thanks all for your advice. It seems to be hard to get Palladium books overall in Europe. Even Amazon and Ebay I could not find Bizantium and the Northern Islands. So maybe I just have to buy it with the shipping cost that is more expansive than the book itself.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”