Will Palladium Have An Open Play Area at GenCon?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

enelsonmo
Newb

Will Palladium Have An Open Play Area at GenCon?

Unread post by enelsonmo »

Will Palladium have an open play area at GenCon? A room where I can go to play Palladium games exclusively? Pinnacle had something like this for Savage Worlds (Savage Saturdays or was it Fridays) and Rio Grande is another company where they have open play of their games all con long. Wondering if Palladium is doing something similar?

Thanks!

Eric
Æthereal Flux
D-Bee

Re: Will Palladium Have An Open Play Area at GenCon?

Unread post by Æthereal Flux »

i, certainly would love an open play thing. Id almost be willing to do a Beyond the Supernatural game
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

There is a giant hall you can play anything you want to in. I dislike the idea of game specific ghettos. For me a big part of the con experience is trying new and different games I have never played before.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

Wooly wrote:There is a giant hall you can play anything you want to in. I dislike the idea of game specific ghettos. For me a big part of the con experience is trying new and different games I have never played before.

+1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
Æthereal Flux
D-Bee

Unread post by Æthereal Flux »

Wooly wrote:There is a giant hall you can play anything you want to in. I dislike the idea of game specific ghettos. For me a big part of the con experience is trying new and different games I have never played before.

Unfortunately for me, Gen-con is the only time i can play Beyond the Supernatural.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Wooly is correct. There are also a number of Palladium games that will be played around. If you have event tickets, you can get into those games, and if you have free tickets, you may be able to get into a game if there are drops.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

We do not have an open area for gaming near the booth. However there is plenty of space throughout the convention hall where people can play pickup games and whatnot.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Heck in gen con pull up some carpet or a chair in hallways in con center and often the con hotels and bust out some dice and usually you will wind up attracting players in short order. If you have munchies the lure is even stronger.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

So, how'd all the pick up games and munchie luring go?

Memorable tales? Daring do? Horrific defeats by eldritch horrors?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”