GenCon 2015 Roll Call (Who is going?)

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wooly
Adventurer

GenCon 2015 Roll Call (Who is going?)

Unread post by Wooly »

So who is going?

I plan on being there at least one day, hopefully more.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Re: GenCon 2015 Roll Call (Who is going?)

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

I'd like to go...but no can do. I need to ask if my friends are going so I can acquire the GenCon exclusives for Robotech. I'm bummed that they aren't releasing those as actual product to buy. If funding is an issue for Wave 2...then releasing these as a standard release can make them some money. Having a new release for the game be available would help too.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

3 of my friends and I are making the road trip this year. Car is booked, tickets purchased, hotel reserved, event spots snagged, and disposable income lined up.

Can't wait to pick up some more stuff for Shadows of Brimstone at the Flying Frog Production booth, high five the Dwarven Forge guys (and deliver a package of chocolate and cookies to them), and hit up the Fantasy Flight Games booth to see what insanity they're unleashing this year for Netrunner and X-Wing/Armada.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I will be there for the entire adventure. Mainly behind the booth, but also in the Palladium Books event room where all of our RPG games are running. Of course, I will stop by miniatures area to check in on our 17 Robotech RPG Tactics events!

Besides, I kind of have to go seeing as I live 20 or so minutes away.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

Myself, the wife and hand full of friends are making the trip again this year and hope to see Premier again. It was a blast talking to him and seeing his amazing artwork.
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Confirmation and list of staff and freelancers attending?
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:-( Wish I could go. :(
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I'll be there and with some crossed fingers, be able to stay the night and not have to leave \
when the Event Room closes :D .
Sean Patrick Fannon
Founder and CVO, Evil Beagle Games

Unread post by Sean Patrick Fannon »

It turns out that I will be there.

And the answer to the likely question is "yes," though nothing on the official schedule. Still working out details.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Founder and CVO, Evil Beagle Games
Creator of Shaintar
Lead Writer, Designer, Brand Manager for Savage Rifts
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I should be headed up on Wednesday with Warwolf to work the booth and run four games.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

About those Robotech exclusives.

Convention Exclusives at Gen Con® Indy – Booth 1129
1.NEW! Miriya Sterling’s Super Valkyrie in Guardian Mode. A sleek, dynamic item; 1/285th scale (6mm). $22
2.NEW! Breetai ready for combat. This is Commander Breetai in a suit of Zentraedi Heavy Body Armor. His right hand opened enough to place a weapon, Micronian or the severed head of a Valkyrie or other bit of wreckage; 1/285th scale (6mm). $22
3.NEW! Grell’s Male Power Armor. Includes a Grell Malcontents character card; 1/285th scale (6mm). $22
4.Max Sterling’s VF-1J Valkyrie in Battloid Mode; a couple different poses are possible; 1/285th scale (6mm). $22
5.Miriya’s Female Power Armor; a couple different poses are possible; 1/285th scale (6mm). $22

All these convention exclusives will be available at Gen Con® Indy to ANYONE on a first-come, first-served basis. Each is metal/pewter, 1/285th scale (6mm). RRT Kickstarter backers can pre-order them now from the comfort of their home and in any quantity (no limit) and have them shipped right to their doorstep. NOTE: We would like to get pre-orders from our RRT Kickstarter backers by July 15, 2015. Thanks.

Instructions on how to order the exclusives (sorry, RRT Kickstarter backers only).

As you may have heard, we are offering a number of convention exclusives and other items for sale to our Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter backers. In order to make these items available online to our Kickstarter backers only, we’ve hidden them in our store so that only you backers can see them. In order to see and be able to order these items, follow the steps below.

Note: If you are an RRT Kickstarter backer and you already have an account in our online store using the same email address as you used on Kickstarter, all you need to do is sign into our online store before you shop. Sign in, then go to the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ category and you should see the exclusive items. But remember, you’ll only see them after you’ve logged in.

http://palladium-store.com

If you didn’t already have an account on palladium-store.com, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to: http://palladium-store.com

Step 2. At the very top toward the right, click Sign In.

Step 3. Below the Username and Password fields, click Forgot password?

Step 4. On the next screen, enter the email address you used in your account on kickstarter.com. It must be the email address we have on file for you in BackerKit, or else it won’t work. If you no longer have access to that email address, please contact us via Kickstarter.com message so we can give you access and update your info in BackerKit.

Step 5. After you’ve clicked Submit, wait a moment, then check your email for a message from store{at}palladiumbooks.com. Once you receive it, click the link in the email. You’ll be taken to a store page informing you that your password has been reset. A temporary password will be shown on the screen. Select and copy the temporary password on the screen.

Step 6. Click the link that says Click Here to Log In.

Step 7. On the next screen, enter the temporary password, and use the same email address as you used in Step 4 as your Username.

Step 8. Once you log in, we recommend that you click Edit Account Info and change your password. While you’re there, please verify that your shipping and billing information is correct, and make any changes as needed.

Step 9. Once you have logged in, exclusive items will be visible under the Robotech RPG Tactics category, which can be found on the left side of the screen, or in the dropdown menus at the top.

Note: Exclusive items will only be visible while logged into our store, so make sure to log in before shopping. Each time you come back to the store, you will need to log in again in order to see the exclusive items. You will NOT need to go through the password reset process again, just sign in as normal.

Troubleshooting:

If you have precisely followed the instructions above and still can't see the exclusive items in the store, try the following:

Sign in as described above, then click on the Robotech RPG Tactics category. If you can't see the exclusive items, scroll up to the top of the page and look toward the right-hand side of the screen. It should say, "Welcome back, [username]." If it says "Sign In" instead, please sign in again. Then, instead of clicking on the Robotech RPG Tactics category, use the Search field at the top right and search for "pre-order". The exclusive items should appear in the search results.

If that doesn't work, you might want to try a different web browser, or simply wait and try again later. It appears to be an issue that comes and goes for some users, and sometimes affects only certain web browsers. We are still investigating the cause of the issue, and apologize for the inconvenience.

If the top of the screen does say "Welcome back, [username]" after you've clicked on the Robotech RPG Tactics category but you still can't see the exclusive items, send us a Kickstarter message and let us know. As long as you are a backer of the Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter, it should be working at that point, and if it's not, it suggests your account hasn't been added to the Kickstarter group in our store. In that case, let us know and we'll take care of it promptly. If you were not a backer of the RRT Kickstarter, we're sorry, but these items are not available to order online for non-backers at this time.

Alex Marciniszyn
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

Are they going to be posting pictures of these exclusives? It would be cool to see what they look like for the people that can't buy them.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

I'm going to be there!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Are they going to be posting pictures of these exclusives? It would be cool to see what they look like for the people that can't buy them.

I think they've done that already.
Æthereal Flux
D-Bee

Unread post by Æthereal Flux »

I am going, my 6th year in a row and 8th overall. the first being in Milwaukee. This is the first time in a while that there are no games on Wed. I usually get my Palladium fix then. we should push for the "unofficial" games to start on Wed. i would even fly in early.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Just confirmed, the whole family will be there Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

So excited, Jim. We'll have Evelyn in tow.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Can't wait, the whole family is looking forward to it!
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

Maybe but I doubt it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”