T-Shirt Feedback

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

T-Shirt Feedback

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

A post in one place for T-Shirt ideas and feedback....

I personally like light grey. Ive said before that I prefer less "in your face" nerdy T-Shirts. I am a massive fan of LastExitTo Nowhere and sites like that! Light Grey is also away form the sterotypical black. Black T-Shirt and dark navy jeans dont really go IMHO - I was always told "cant wear navy and black together lol. My favourite colour is Navy Blue which would go ok with a white print.
But Im not fashion icon, hehe.

So I LOVED the Northern Gun & Wilks T-shirts and shy away from Panther Shark prints (although I did like the actual in game Panther Shark, lol).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Re: T-Shirt Feedback

Unread post by Jerell »

The Dark Elf wrote:So I LOVED the Northern Gun & Wilks T-shirts and shy away from Panther Shark prints (although I did like the actual in game Panther Shark, lol).

I quite agree about the Panther Shark shirts. I don't do red shirts, if they'd have done it in black (or even grey) I'd have bought it by now.

I have the Wilks shirt, and love that one. I like the black shirts with white also. Black goes with quite a lot well (Most of my pants are grey).

I also have the light grey 'Property of the Coalition States,' which I mainly use as my PT shirt when I go jogging. I like light Grey for athletic type shirts, and black for everything else. The black shirts with white printing I think all look pretty sharp.
Torval
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Torval »

For what it is worth, I prefer t-shirts in the following colors: Black, Red, Darker Blues, Dark Greys and different shades of green. In general though, I don't shy away from any particular colors.

Question: Can the shirts simply be made in a print on demand fashion where the color of the t-shirt and the color of the screenings can be customized? I'm afraid I don't know much about this type of thing but I feel like I've come across a good number of sights who allow you to choose those options.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

I have 4-5 finished t-shirt designs in the can...ready to go if Palladium wants them. They aren't in your face Rifts OMG robots/ blasty stuff, but a little more lighthearted. They are inspired by old postcard art. I'd be more than willing to sell them the designs. I think t-shirts like the ones I've created offer a creative alternative to the stuff they have now. :shrug: The colors I have for the shirts are on Alstyle blanks. You can view the colors here: https://www.alstyle.com/product/style/1301

The colors I have chosen for my designs are:

Cream
Athletic Heather
Charcoal
Sand
Charcoal Heather
Burgundy
Harbor Blue

I think these colors cover a wide range of solid "adult" neutrals that work well with various pants and denims.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Attached is a compsheet of the mockups of the t-shirts. Like I said, these are all ready to go. Just say the word Palladium.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/m ... SHIRTS.jpg
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm really hoping for an olive drab shirt with a Red Sovietski star (not just a normal star) on it when the book comes out.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

This could easily be done Galactus.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The Dark Elf wrote:A post in one place for T-Shirt ideas and feedback....

Greetings and Salutations. Well okay, I guess I'll add my thoughts into the mix, and like many of my posts this could be lengthy and wordy (so try to bear with me).

Colors: Black, Gray (various shades), and White colors will be the safest and probably sell best. They mix well with a variety of clothing. Next I'd go with blues, and generally darker shades being better. Darker colors come closer to that black feel, while still adding some variety into the mix. For example, the navy blue Game Master t-shirt (cyborg with chainsaw) is a shirt I'll wear out, because I like the color. Though, on a personal note, Rifts t-shirts aren't really my thing (as I've never really gotten into the setting). And note to Dark Elf, if you find the right shade of navy blue, it can mesh with other navy blue (such as dark blue jeans or slacks). At least that's my personal opinion on the matter.

Design vs. Color: Simply adding in a color isn't always enough. I'll use the red Panther Shark t-shirt as my example. There's already been two comments in this thread about how they wouldn't buy/wear it. I'm in the same position (though, again, I'm not really a Rifts guy so the Panther Shark doesn't do that much for me in the first place). The color red kind of stands out, and it doesn't really highlight the picture. Now, I do (and will continue to do so) wear Flash t-shirts of the same color, and I would (but don't have any that color) wear a Spiderman t-shirt that color. Why? What's the difference? With the Flash and Spiderman, that color helps represent the character. I see that red, the symbol on it, and I go: "That's the Flash!" When they put that symbol on a black t-shirt (for instance), I won't buy it (yes, I know there's a Black Flash, but that's not my character), though I do know there are people who will (hey, it's black, and it sells, I won't deny that). The choice of color and the image need to compliment each other, not feel random. The panther shark (to go back to it) feels like a random image on a random color. Neither are bad in their own right, but they don't work together to make me want to buy it either.

To give a Palladium example of a color I think can compliment an image, I'll use the classic Ley Line Walker image from Rifts (the color one). Put it on a light blue t-shirt (as close in color as possible), maybe call it "Ley Line Blue" (for promotional, because it helps the reader sync the color with the feel). Throw in a slogan something like: "Explore the Magic of Role-Playing" (or the Megaverse, whatever). Magic, Ley Line Walker, that Blue ... and they're all kind of working together to make the others better (in my opinion). The "Hell Was Full" t-shirt could've probably worked in more of a red. Hell you think fire, heat, rage ... red! The background image even had some reddish tones, and it's all working together. Granted, I'm sure it works fine in black (though I admit seeing it on black just felt ... off to me, and never really captured my attention). I'm just discussing how color and images can work together, and using that as one more example (I'm not suggesting to redo it).

An interesting idea (to me at least) could've even been doing the companies/brands such as Northern Gun, Wilks, NE, etc. as different colors. Each company having their own color/theme. Wilks black, Northern Gun cobalt blue (based on the limited edition hardcovers), etc. Now, I admit that selling them all in black will probably still sell better. If two companies are enemies/rivals, make one blue and one red and let fans start making Red vs. Blue type jokes. The overall concept though is that a color isn't enough. The color (to me) needs to represent something more and help get the fans invested not only in that image, but in the color as well. I don't just want a Panther Shark on a red t-shirt, I want to say: "That color, with that image, [bleep] yeah I want that!" Note: I don't know the Panther Shark too well truth be told, but my natural instinct is that it would've worked best on a shark gray type t-shirt, maybe a bit darker. Glitter Boy ... another gray (not sure the exact shade, but one that can give the closest feel/representation of chrome). With black and white pictures, this can be hard to nail down a color unless it's explicitly described somewhere, but can still go for a tone/feel (red being anger, fire, blood, with probably more of a horror type feel).

Favorite T-Shirts: My favorite t-shirts from Palladium (just to give an idea of things that you've done and, to me, worked and why) are the PF Living the Fantasy (while this is black again, the black and red give that feel of the classic PF cover), both Dead Reign t-shirts (I liked the "Relax, it's not the end of the world or anything" slogan, and the guy in a gas mask on a horse is just an awesome picture, admittedly). I'd wear the Game Master navy blue cyborg with chainsaw one if I liked the image more (again, I'm just not that into Rifts as I'm more of a PF guy, though I acknowledge Rifts is the big seller), but I do like the color.

Anyways, I guess that's all for now. Hopefully some of that helped. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I love the panther shark picture but on the red shirt it just does not show up well at any distance its a dark red with black lines so it just reads as weird and murky at more than a couple feet away. I tend to have good luck with self designed shirts of a dark base color even dark reds as long as the picture itself is lighter or visa versa if you want dark design work it has to go onto a lighter color shirt.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Attached is a compsheet of the mockups of the t-shirts. Like I said, these are all ready to go. Just say the word Palladium.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/m ... SHIRTS.jpg

They look great, have you contacted Palladium about the designs?

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

No I have not. I'm not sure how receptive they'd be. Hopefully, someone in Palladium will see them here and comment.
Shawn Merrow

CaptKaruthors wrote:No I have not. I'm not sure how receptive they'd be. Hopefully, someone in Palladium will see them here and comment.

If you want to do business with them as an artist you need to make a submission. A comment on a message board hoping they see it is not how do that.

Artist Submission Guidelines

The worse that will happen is they say not interested.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

I'm aware of how to submit art to palladium. I've done it before. However, with something like this I'm apprehensive to do so because anything I submit...they own. They could easily reject my idea...and then later use it claiming it as their own and cut me out of a pay day. I'd rather work out a different kind of deal. This isn't artwork from a book. The process should be different IMHO. I have nearly 15 years in the apparel industry.
Shawn Merrow

They would not just take your idea and use it without paying you. Its worded that way to protect them if they already have something similar in production. I have done business with them since Rifter #1 and been payed for it. If your not comfortable with the form then call them with your pitch. In the end you want to business with them, so that means you need to contact them not wait with the hope they will see your work.

Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Shawn's right in that it is very rare that the PB full time staff visit the forums, especially to browse.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Torval wrote:Question: Can the shirts simply be made in a print on demand fashion where the color of the t-shirt and the color of the screenings can be customized? I'm afraid I don't know much about this type of thing but I feel like I've come across a good number of sights who allow you to choose those options.

Not speaking for Palladium, just from personal experience; A traditional screen-printing is done with a set charge per shirt and per color, with additional cost for large shirt sizes; The more shirts you order from the start the cheaper they are to produce. There's usually at least an hour of prep-time involved with any print run of shirts and at least half an hour of clean-up, whether you do one shirt or 500.. So naturally the cost per shirt is going to go up if you're only ordering one at a time.

I haven't looked into online shirt printing, but I'd imagine if they aren't more expensive then there would be a warehousing fee for the owner of the artwork (printing a minimum number of shirts to start). I can only imagine that the profit margin is far greater in the traditional system than it is in the print-on-demand system..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

It is also worded that way to absolve them of any legal action if they decide to use an idea from a submission...as by signing the form, you are releasing your rights/ claim over the idea. "Parallel development" clauses have been used many times to shield a company from paying the idea man. I'm not saying that's what Palladium would do, nor am I accusing them of that..but in most cases with design work for t-shirts/ apparel...the design ideas are simply purchased and controlled once bought. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here. I'm simply saying that the art submission guidelines work for submissions for art in books, but apparel is a different beast. :shrug: and because of that, I'm apprehensive to do so. I'm interested to see if anyone on the forums even likes the ideas...or am I barking up the wrong design tree with the ideas.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Not speaking for Palladium, just from personal experience; A traditional screen-printing is done with a set charge per shirt and per color, with additional cost for large shirt sizes; The more shirts you order from the start the cheaper they are to produce. There's usually at least an hour of prep-time involved with any print run of shirts and at least half an hour of clean-up, whether you do one shirt or 500.. So naturally the cost per shirt is going to go up if you're only ordering one at a time.

This is mostly correct...but it varies from place to place as each print shop can handle different volumes based on: A.) the number of presses they have and B.) the size of their presses (how many heads/stations there are). Set up costs vary based on the type of inks you are using, to the types of screen-printing being done (hi-density, discharge, water based inks, etc), any treatment types (foil, glitter, etc.), number of colors, and the size of the pallets you'll be using for the shirts. Screen mesh size is also a factor. You are also paying for a separation artist to sep the artwork for printing. You can reduce that cost by providing the separated artwork/ files to the printer. In the case of my designs, I can separate them myself and save Palladium that cost.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:A post in one place for T-Shirt ideas and feedback....

...Ive said before that I prefer less "in your face" nerdy T-Shirts. ... My favourite colour is Navy Blue which would go ok with a white print. But Im not fashion icon, hehe.

So I LOVED the Northern Gun & Wilks T-shirts and shy away from Panther Shark prints (although I did like the actual in game Panther Shark, lol).

I am not a fashion icon either, but I totally agree with Dark Elf. I love to wear Palladium-"couture", and I wear it with geek pride, but it is great when I can wear it everywhere, e.g. on business meetings and other such occassions, too. I do love the new Coalition States polo, even if death head symbols are a wee bit difficult in Germany.

I love tees to be (subtly) humourous, like the awesome Dead Reign "End of the World"-shirt.

My fav colours are dark green, orange and navy blue. I normally do not wear black but for funerals, and black tees suck in summer. I still love them, but that is because of Palladium, definitely not because of the "colour". The red Panther shark one has a great bright colour, but the picture - as much as I love Chuck's art - meh, not as a t-shirt for me.

An dragon rising up in rage, drawn by Chuck, e.g. in white on a dark blue background ... WOW. I can see this.

What I would love to see:
    1. New zip hoodie. PLEASE! Preferably with a faux company logo, or just saying Palladium books front left, or ... dream come true ... either Kevin's hand-drawn dragon or the classic PFRPG red logo. Honestly, I would buy ANY zip hoodie because they are so awesome to wear.
    2. More polos. Polos are great as I can wear them "business casual" as well as for leisure. A green would be very cool. Black or Navy blue also excellent. The stitchwork and quality of the Coalition polo are BRILLIANT! I would love a polo "LIBRARY OF BLETHERAD - STAFF" or "BLETHERAD (logo) LIBRARIAN".
    3. T-shirts with other colours. Heather or other grey, navy ...
    4. LONGSLEEVE t-shirts are excellent stuff and what I wear almost year-round.
    5. I would LOVE a baseball t-shirt. The raglan variant, 2/3 or full cuff length. You could even do the typical "baseball"-lettering.
    6. A normal comfy sweatshirt would rock.Maybe something like "Coalition State University".
    7. A soft messenger bag Palladium style would also be extraordinarily cool.

My daughter and my wife both love the smiling dragon by Kevin. I will have to get those in smaller sizes for them, too, now. You have a hit, right there! :-D :-D :-D

Kind regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I would commission Amy to do a "university" style round sigil. Perhaps an open book in the middle - maybe a dragon coiling around it - and a text in "ye olde style", like Roman letters, around it as part of the sigil saying "PALLADIUM - BLETHERAD - LIBRARIAN".

Have that done in stichwork.

Then I would add a text underneath in bright red "Reading is Magic".

THAT would be an awesome polo or go on all sorts of clothing / merchandise.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Hendrik, I have to say, that's a good idea, I like it. I would buy one of those for sure!

Back to other shirts, I think their black with white printing works/looks the best.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

This is related to the topic at hand. I had posted this over on the MA sub-forum, but as someone posted here I'm pondering if others might be interested. One comment was to have the shirt embroidered rather than screen printed.

<Cut and paste from other sub-forum>

I briefly spoke to KS about the idea of having nicer looking shirts for Rifts. As an office worker, I can't really wear T-Shirts. Button down short sleeve shirts with logs on them are OK, but not T-Shirts.

I've been working on some ideas, but they aren't cheap. I would love to see if there fellow MAs headed to GenCon who would be willing to cough up the cash for one of these? They run around $65 to $70 each (this includes shipping).

I would need at least 6 people interested to get the nicer shirts.

Ideas:

http://www.customink.com/designs/riftsg ... viewbutton

http://www.customink.com/designs/riftsm ... viewbutton

I did these quickly, with artwork I could snag online. If we have enough interest, maybe one of the MA Coordinators could get the real art (or something a little cleaner anyway).

What do people think about this idea?

FM
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I want a Glitter Boy T-shirt!
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

to answer the question of print on demand, yes you can. Any shop that does sublimation or has the newer inkjet printers can do any design on any substrate. I so want to get one of the new inkjets for my shop...Price should run you about the cost of a normal shirt at say Wal-Mart or other places, as long as you provide camera ready art that is.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

The PB T-shirts have bored me to tears. I want something wild and dynamic. I have been impressed with the all-over art prints I have seen at ComicCon. Sure, they're not cheap, but I'd be happy to shell out some clams for the original Rifts cover and/or the Ultimate Rifts cover on a shirt.

If you don't know what I am jabbering about, check out this shirt:
https://www.teesforall.com/Star_Wars_Ba ... 23492.html

At bare minimum, PB needs to rock something at least on par to Space Owl vs. Lazer Cats!
http://shop.mastodonrocks.com/index.php ... shirt.html
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Spinachcat wrote:The PB T-shirts have bored me to tears. I want something wild and dynamic. I have been impressed with the all-over art prints I have seen at ComicCon. Sure, they're not cheap, but I'd be happy to shell out some clams for the original Rifts cover and/or the Ultimate Rifts cover on a shirt.

OMG Im at the opposite end of this spectrum. :?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Spinachcat wrote:The PB T-shirts have bored me to tears. I want something wild and dynamic. I have been impressed with the all-over art prints I have seen at ComicCon. Sure, they're not cheap, but I'd be happy to shell out some clams for the original Rifts cover and/or the Ultimate Rifts cover on a shirt.

At bare minimum, PB needs to rock something at least on par to Space Owl vs. Lazer Cats!

Those are sublimated shirts and are relatively inexpensive to make. The only downside is that you have to have a 100% poly shirt or at least a 90% poly 10% cotton to get it to work. Poly shirts are hot as they don't breathe well.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Where mine all the time any more in the summer. Its advertisement for Palladium. Just call me a walking billboard :D .
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

CaptKaruthors wrote:

Those are sublimated shirts and are relatively inexpensive to make. The only downside is that you have to have a 100% poly shirt or at least a 90% poly 10% cotton to get it to work. Poly shirts are hot as they don't breathe well.

Hanes has Softlink Ts that are a 50/50 that are pretty comfy. I did an orange one for scouts and wear it all the time out in the hot hot Georgia sun (damn you summer!) and its fine.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Since there is no Splicers Tee I'd like to see one. Frankly most of the t-shirts look, I don't know, maybe dated is the right term? The layout is too simple words over or under a piece of art. The only two I like are the Rifts Logo and Dog Pack by Kevin Long.

The Star Wars shirt above, while not something I would wear is much more aesthetically pleasing. The designs that CaptKaruthors posted are excellent example of more modern t shirt design.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

The Dark Elf wrote:OMG Im at the opposite end of this spectrum. :?

And that's cool! But that's why PB needs a variety of shirts - mellow to extreme.

But...would you like to GM your next PF game wearing this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anne-Strokes-Dr ... 1244724506

BTW, it appears that getting custom sublimated shirts isn't overly expensive!
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/C ... 9.html?s=p

Here's another link to a custom printer (cheaper, but bigger orders)
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/C ... 25721.html

They also come as hoodies...
https://www.80stees.com/search?q=sublimated

...and let's not forget you Voltron fans!
https://www.80stees.com/products/voltro ... on-t-shirt
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Spinachcat wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:OMG Im at the opposite end of this spectrum. :?

And that's cool! But that's why PB needs a variety of shirts - mellow to extreme.

But...would you like to GM your next PF game wearing this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anne-Strokes-Dr ... 1244724506

No! Eghads no. I wouldn't want to wear that in general.

Um ... I mean ... Greetings and Salutations. I will admit that everyone has different tastes. If there were enough people who wanted that kind of thing, I'd be all for Palladium making them, though I personally think they look tacky and wouldn't buy one. I didn't like the Star Wars one posted earlier either, for the record.

As Wooly mentioned Splicers, I got to thinking and started looking at Chuck Walton's DeviantArt page because ... well, at this point I think many of us think of him when we think of Splicers. I've never even played Splicers and think of his art every time the setting is mentioned. First, if they were going to do a Splicers T-Shirt, I'd imagine something like this ...

http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/S ... -325128632

My first instinct was to look for a color that matched the sky (in between the clouds, that dull bluish color with maybe a hint of green), but that's a tough t-shirt color to find (from the quick, half-hearted look I gave). On the other hand, I think it does look good on Navy Blue. I think the Navy Blue can help bring out the dark shades of blue on the bot, but that's my opinion and others may vary. I was going to do a sample picture, but couldn't come up with any good slogans. Splicers isn't my setting of choice so I couldn't come up with anything witty, and "The Splice Must Flow" (which is often used on these boards) would probably result in some copyright issues. So I just linked the image instead.

However, while browsing his page I did come across a different image that I think is interesting. I realize it's not Palladium (and as such the image itself wouldn't be an option), but more like it got me thinking.

http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/D ... -311391727

Again, while this image couldn't be used, it's merely an example of an idea. To kind of mesh the ideas of the full t-shirt being used, I could see something like this working. Darker colors gives it not such an "OMG! Look at me!" feel (in my opinion). However, there's more to it than that. Have the front the humans (one side of the battle) with the slogan like: "It's us" ... then the dark scenery transitions to the back (using both sides, but no real images other than transition images) and on the back have the monster (or the other side of the battle) with the slogan like: "Or them!" I think something like that could use the sublimated shirts idea while remaining lower key. As an example, my wife bought me this t-shirt (or one very similar) and it's something I wear:

https://www.thepippinpatch.co.uk/upload ... _w750.jpeg

Look at the sleeves, for example. You can tell it's not a single color, it still has a pattern to it and not just a solid color. Yet it's not super busy either. So I'm referring to a smoother transition like that (as an example) that works to the back. The shirt can have two images, but has a meaning (two sides to a battle, two sides to the shirt, etc.). That's my opinion at least, take it for what you will. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Hendrik wrote:....7. A soft messenger bag Palladium style would also be extraordinarily cool.

As a proud carrier of either my Sheridan backpack or my UNIX sidebag (or both, depending on the carrying necessary) I'd absolutely love a 'Coalition Issue' duffle bag, shoulder-sling bag or, as Hendrik mentioned, a messenger bag. It'd be even more of a blast to have the name & operating number (if the last is applicable) personalized on each bag, although I have no experience in such custom apparel manufacture, planning or otherwise, so I don't know what costs would be involved (even if the basic bag was produced in batches with the personalized numbers & text added per bag). Just thinking about it now: my dream bag would be a Coalition NT-SET (Psychic Defense & Operations) 'Nut Set' rider bag, with the 'PSI' in nice big letters on one side, and my Dog Boy's pet name on the other.

To think I nearly breezed through this thread. Thank you for your inspiration thus, mes amis!

-Boe.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Since becoming disabled I've been blessed to have a job where I can wear Palladium shirts every day. It's to the point where I wear non-Palladium shirts when I'm relaxing with the family simply because my wife is tired of looking at them. :D
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Since becoming disabled I've been blessed to have a job where I can wear Palladium shirts every day. It's to the point where I wear non-Palladium shirts when I'm relaxing with the family simply because my wife is tired of looking at them. :D

MadManMike, good evening!

I still have only one Palladium T-Shirt, and that's my old XL Rifts 'Dog Boys & Psi-Stalker' white on black (I believe the Rifts launch at GenCon version was the reverse, black on white, but I've never seen one of those myself). I choose it to wear- clean and washed, mind you, in each case- on a trip where I'm happy to answer what those critters on my T-shirt are, and am interested in inviting comment.

I think having a personalised Rifts-themed 'saddle bag' or fabric case would be a lot more expensive a proposition than a new line of T-shirts or two, even if reasonably good sales could be counted on. It'd still be awesome IIRC, and I stand by my request, but no more than a request. ^_^

-Boe.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I think all I wear (off duty) are Palladium T Shirts. Not sure I own any "normal" shirts. lol

As a Highway Patrol officer I obviously wear a uniform however I had a training day last week and wore my Northern Gun shirt. One of the guys I work with wanted to know if NG had good prices on weapons or what?

Hahaha!

I just told him thier shipping costs were ridiculous...
Dan Frederick
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Fell wrote:I think all I wear (off duty) are Palladium T Shirts. Not sure I own any "normal" shirts. lol

As a Highway Patrol officer I obviously wear a uniform however I had a training day last week and wore my Northern Gun shirt. One of the guys I work with wanted to know if NG had good prices on weapons or what?

Hahaha!

I just told him thier shipping costs were ridiculous...

Well played sir, well played.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”