Jolly Blackburn and Palladium during the Crisis of Treachery

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jolly Blackburn and Palladium during the Crisis of Treachery

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

After reading Kevin's write-up about Jolly Blackburn in Rifter #69 I remembered that he (Jolly) had done something nice for Palladium back during the Crisis of Treachery, but try as I might I couldn't remember exactly what. Anyone here familiar with the story?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Jolly Blackburn and Palladium during the Crisis of Treac

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I don't think I'm familiar with that story, but I can attest to how awesome Jolly and Barbara are..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I think it had something to do with free advertising in his magazine or a write up/appeal to his fans to help PB or something like that, but I'm so unclear on the details... It's really frustrating! :x
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I remember a special KotDT about the event rallying his fans to help Palladium, but there may be more.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I remember Jolly doing on-line auctions of his stuff, and the proceeds went to Palladium. There were a few things, one of which I remember being their big foam Hackmaster + 12 that had been in the Kenzer office or some such for a while. Basically he sold some of his own stuff, and gave the money to PB, to light their darkest hour. An act of a true gentleman, to be sure.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”