Bizantium and the Northern Islands has gone to press

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Bizantium and the Northern Islands has gone to press

Unread post by AlexM »

We return to the world of the Palladium Fantasy RPG with a 192 page sourcebook about this land in the north. Mysteries are explored, and threats are described, from sea serpents to the mysterious, and the not so mythical Iceborn. Various Noble Houses compete for control of lands, ships and other resources, while the King is unaware of the plots to depose him. The Islands of Bizantium are explored and adventure hooks abound. Scheduled for release on March 25th.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... lands.html

Alex Marciniszyn
BuzzardB
Explorer

Re: Bizantium and the Northern Islands has gone to press

Unread post by BuzzardB »

That's awesome, really looking forward to this one. I have only played a one-off game of Palladium Fantasy in the past, but everyone at my table really enjoyed it so Id like to get some more material.

When was this book announced originally? Feels like it went from being non-existant to being at the printers in very short order.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I know it was discussed in the weekly updates back in the fall as a "coming soon".

Yay! Will there be a sneak preview of this title?
Last edited by Hotrod on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Yay! Looking forward to this new addition!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Hotrod wrote:I know it was discussed in the weekly updates back in the fall as a "coming soon".

Yay! Will there be a sneak preview of this title?

Bizantium and the Northern Islands Sneak Preview

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

WOW at chucks resurection chaos earth book cover man I need to get a poster of that.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

BuzzardB wrote:... Feels like it went from being non-existant to being at the printers in very short order.

It does feel like they knocked this one out quick compared to years before, and from the preview it's looking quite good. Good job Palladium.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Jerell wrote:
BuzzardB wrote:... Feels like it went from being non-existant to being at the printers in very short order.

It does feel like they knocked this one out quick compared to years before, and from the preview it's looking quite good. Good job Palladium.

I'd say good job specifically to Glen Evans, too. He is alone listed as the author, so that means he must have turned in a pretty awesome manuscript to begin with. Great job all around!

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Nice to have another nice beefy palladium RPG book its been a while and this looks like a good one.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Thank you for the compliment, but having read the preview, Kevin and Matthew did a fantastic job of cleaning things up.
Looking at the table of contents I can tell you 90-95% of the book content is mine!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Just got a chance to go over the preview man can't wait till my copy flitters its way to me in the next week or two.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Reagren Wright wrote:Thank you for the compliment, but having read the preview, Kevin and Matthew did a fantastic job of cleaning things up.
Looking at the table of contents I can tell you 90-95% of the book content is mine!

First, congrats on the book! And then, YYYYYAAAAAAA, new book! Though I don't think it will happen, I hope they get one more book out by OH. Will wait and get this one at the OH.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Reagren Wright wrote:Thank you for the compliment, but having read the preview, Kevin and Matthew did a fantastic job of cleaning things up.

I hope that I don't hit a soft spot but did the Phase World book you were working on get re-elected?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Phase World? Nope wrong guy. Now if your talking Heroes Unlimited, no word on either of the three manuscripts they have.
However, I believe "something" from one of those books will end up in this upcoming Rifter. Currently working on another HU
manuscript that won't be ready for submitting for another month or so. Then I might take a break or delve into another
Fantasy idea that's just perculating right now.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Reagren Wright wrote:Phase World? Nope wrong guy. Now if your talking Heroes Unlimited, no word on either of the three manuscripts they have.
However, I believe "something" from one of those books will end up in this upcoming Rifter. Currently working on another HU
manuscript that won't be ready for submitting for another month or so. Then I might take a break or delve into another
Fantasy idea that's just perculating right now.

Thanks for not giving up.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Whelp my copies of byzantium and the new rifter arrived today. Now to will time to move faster so I can go home and actually read the darn things.
Reagren Wright

I called home at work and mine hasn't arrive yet :( . So several of my players and I are going to the local game store in
South Bend so I can purchase one, and take some pictures of myself with the book on the shelf.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Reagren Wright wrote:I called home at work and mine hasn't arrive yet :( . So several of my players and I are going to the local game store in
South Bend so I can purchase one, and take some pictures of myself with the book on the shelf.

Uber!

Gonna pick mine up at the POH! Get ur pen ready dude!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright

:( :( Well the two shops in my area of course don't have it yet. Have to wait until maybe next week :-( . In the meantime,
I'll wait for my copy to arrive :frust: .
Reagren Wright

:D 8) Bizantium arrived today. My hats off to all the artists for making what was in my head visually on paper. Chuck you
are still the man. I have no complaints. Some of the changes in fact I love because its better then what I thought of. I
did spot a few errors that got pass the editors (some of which I had nothing to do with), but it happens. All in all
I'm proud of this accomplishment. Although my daughter wants to know why its not going to be sold in Barnes and Noble. I
hope Palladium Fans (not just the Fantasy fans) enjoy this piece of work and welcome it in their homes, whether its sets on
your shelf collecting dust or is carried in your book bag as regular (and well worn) sourcebook in all your games. Irvin
Jackson, your up next enjoy the ride :ok: .
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Part of me wants to order this now, while the other part of me wants to wait until the Open House to pick it up. Either way though I intend to get it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Glistam wrote:Part of me wants to order this now, while the other part of me wants to wait until the Open House to pick it up. Either way though I intend to get it.

Half way through it so far and it is excellent. Plus side though if you get it at open house is autographs which is always a plus depends how much will power you have to wait.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Wow! Just a quarter of the way in, but is amazing so far! Hats off to all involved. The map of Bizantium and the color map on the back are especially good. Walton's art I'd amazing!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Great book, nothing short of spectacular. Thank you Reagren (Glen, I presume); very well done! :-D

The Dark Elf wrote:Uber! ... Get ur pen ready dude!

I can only echo that :D
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Reagren Wright

Thanks for the love and appreciation :D .
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Another question: the serpent chaser gets a +2 to automatic dodge against sea creatures. Does that mean that serpent chasers get an automatic dodge in all circumstances, with a bonus against sea critters, or rather that they only get an auto-dodge against sea critters, and must dodge as normal vs everyone else?
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Hotrod wrote:Another question: the serpent chaser gets a +2 to automatic dodge against sea creatures. Does that mean that serpent chasers get an automatic dodge in all circumstances, with a bonus against sea critters, or rather that they only get an auto-dodge against sea critters, and must dodge as normal vs everyone else?

The latter
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Another bit of errata: The Water Chanter's description indicates that a key part of this is a solo trip by kayak from the Shadow Colonies to the tip of the Algorian Sea. The Water Chanter does not have pilot: small boats, which is the skill required for kayaking as an O.C.C. skill. Is this deliberate?
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Reagren Wright

:lol: Sounds like the narrative and the character description were not carefully edited. I also guess that's why apprentice
Watechanters sometimes don't survive because they don't take the skill as an O.C.C. Related one. Then again Thieves in
PFRPG don't come with Prowl as an O.C.C. skill, which would be pretty hard to Pick Pocket a guy if you can't stealthy approach
without being notice :-? . I'd just give it to them as a freebie as I do with anyone who plays a thief in my game (+15%
bonus).
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Hotrod wrote:..The Water Chanter does not have pilot: small boats, which is the skill required for kayaking as an O.C.C. skill...

What Palladium Fantasy book did you find that skill in?

Trick question, it's not in any Palladium Fantasy book because it's totally unnecessary.. Anyone with the ability to sit upright and work a paddle can pilot a kayak. The only "piloting" skill in Palladium Fantasy regarding boats is in the Technical Skill Category, "Sailing".
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Hotrod wrote:..The Water Chanter does not have pilot: small boats, which is the skill required for kayaking as an O.C.C. skill...

What Palladium Fantasy book did you find that skill in?

Trick question, it's not in any Palladium Fantasy book because it's totally unnecessary.. Anyone with the ability to sit upright and work a paddle can pilot a kayak. The only "piloting" skill in Palladium Fantasy regarding boats is in the Technical Skill Category, "Sailing".

Pilot Small Boats, Kayaks, and Canoes (A Naval Skill)
is on p107 of Bizantium, along with several notes on speed, endurance, et cetera. I'm not sure how necessary it is, but since it's a skill, and in the same book, it seems like an oversight.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Reagren Wright

Yeah I put it in the book, got tired of my players trying to use the skill Sailing to row a boat. Kevin and/or Matt did a nice job
of expanding upon the skill.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Ah, that's what I get for being too busy with a family of six and three jobs.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Ah, that's what I get for being too busy with a family of six and three jobs.

Best ditch all that baggage, then. Priorities. :clown:
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Elly_G
D-Bee
Comment: "I hold with those who favor fire."

Unread post by Elly_G »

Awesome! Can't wait to pick it up! :)
"Poetry is not truth, It's just deception with a little class."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Reagren Wright wrote::lol: Sounds like the narrative and the character description were not carefully edited. I also guess that's why apprentice
Watechanters sometimes don't survive because they don't take the skill as an O.C.C. Related one. Then again Thieves in
PFRPG don't come with Prowl as an O.C.C. skill, which would be pretty hard to Pick Pocket a guy if you can't stealthy approach
without being notice :-? . I'd just give it to them as a freebie as I do with anyone who plays a thief in my game (+15%
bonus).

Admittedly with waterchanter skills I am pretty sure they could get to their destination pretty safely even without small boating skills just utilizing their spells to augment whatever boat skills they have. If you can calm storm winds down and smooth out ocean waves even a pretty novice kayaker could manage a pretty long journey.
Reagren Wright

I suppose the apprentice waterchanter could use Ride the Wave spell, but at 10 P.P.E. for zero level guy (not even
first level yet, but to go from the Shadow Coast to the Algorian Sea that is a long way to go using just magic
(especially with the Northern Sea. Seems risky, so I have to say best have a piloting skill).

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”