Palladium Fantasy Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Styxx
Megaversal® Ambassador

Palladium Fantasy Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?

Unread post by Styxx »

My question is this: What would I need to do to get Palladiums permission to create a ruleset for the Virtual Tabletop Fantasy Grounds? They have a huge following, and it would give some much needed exposure to Palladium if someone (Me or a Megaversal Embassador, which I aspire to be) were to start creating and running games of any of the Palladium Gaming systems. SO, this is me, asking permission to create a ruleset and start running games on Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks for your time, hoping to hear back soon! LONG LIVE PALLADIUM FANTASY!

Styxx :angel:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Palladium Fantasy Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Styxx wrote:My question is this: What would I need to do to get Palladiums permission to create a ruleset for the Virtual Tabletop Fantasy Grounds? They have a huge following, and it would give some much needed exposure to Palladium if someone (Me or a Megaversal Embassador, which I aspire to be) were to start creating and running games of any of the Palladium Gaming systems. SO, this is me, asking permission to create a ruleset and start running games on Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks for your time, hoping to hear back soon! LONG LIVE PALLADIUM FANTASY!

Styxx :angel:

The short answer is yes you would, if you were publishing anything.
If you are using the system, and not publishing, you would not necessarily- but I did to be safe- I use Obsidian Portal and roll20 with much of their material, and got permission quickly and easily.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Why would you need permission to run a game? The only difference is you are doing it via a virtual tabletop, you aren't creating a video game right?
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

druth
D-Bee

Unread post by druth »

I was recently over on the Fantasy Grounds website. They have a thread about getting rulesets and modules/books transferred over to Fantasy Grounds. The general rules seem to be that the person doing the ruleset work gets a small cut, the FG get a small percentage but the publisher appears to get the largest share. (I apologise if I misinterpreted this, I wasn't that interested in it when I first glanced at it) There are guidelines but it appears to be flexible and mostly up to the publisher. It was interesting to see how the other game publishers got added over the years until recently Pathfinder and Wizards of the Coast was recently added.

Anyway... FG recommends giving the publishers contact information directly to them so they can develop the contract to state the rights of who does and get what. This makes sense since they have all the experience working with the publishers. Apparently there was a discussion back in 2011 between FG and Palladium but the state of the PDFs was such that they couldn't move forward. Since then FG has lost the contact information for Palladium and the the Palladium web-site has not made it easy to get back in contact with the people that can make decision (Kevin).

Here is a link to the thread where I ask about it.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/s ... post253191

Anyway, it seems there's a few barriers from communication to the quality of the pdfs so it is not really clear cut.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”