A world based partly on TV shows and movies.

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

A world based partly on TV shows and movies.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Okay folks, my GM and I have been working on a cool little world. And no, there are no conversions, just some notes of what we've done to alter the setting into a funner and more whacked out setting. It is an SDC based world...I had originally had this idea when in the USA...But things there got stupidly out of control and way over powered. It is a totally wild idea for a game world.

A bit about the world at large, scattered as my thoughts are...It's a combination world of "light HU"/N&SS/MC/TMNT/Disney's Gargoyles/Supernatural/Independence Day/Jumpers/I Am Number 4/BtS 1st edition/some "lighter" Rifts OCC's/swampthing/etc...Where truly super, super heroes and villains with the super abilities are on the very rare side and are USUALLY limited to just ONE or TWO super abilities ONLY. And GM's call! But where archetypes such as Batman, the Green Arrow, John Constantine, Nightwing, Sam and Dean Winchester, the TMNT's 200X edition (something a bit more truer to the game and the comics), the Gargoyles, and the like are "real". So is Sydney Fox from Relic Hunter. Also the DC Comics League of Assassins, 108 dragons (from Crying Freeman), the Illuminati, the Gurul Nataz (from Relic Hunter: Season 3, Episode 22), the Foot (from TMNT 200x), and other organizations and villains are as well! Cyborgs are real, Robots are real, aliens are definitely real and the Men in Black no longer are trying to deny it they just police and monitor aliens...It had gotten increasingly hard to deny since the world got screwed over in the attack of July 1st, 1996 (AKA: Independence Day). Some 45% still live in denial of demons, monsters, angles, aliens, Gods, etc exist...That the whole thing was the governments to down size the population. Despite numerous and real reports to the contrary as well as footage on youtube that people got. Although only 30% of the total population denies that something supernatural is going on now. The reason for it is simple...Right after the Alien's initial attacked, the PPE level of the planet went to a new high. The PPE level went form the lowest of worlds...that of BtS "standards" to becoming equal to that of PF. Also much like after dark day in Nightbane and the "rising darkness" on the TV show Constantine: scrolls, amulets, books of magic, and words of the powers started working again, and slightly about 35% of the people started to waking up certain psychic powers and with innate abilities (Aka the super heroes and villains as well as the psychics). But one good example of change: energy healers (such as reiki masters, quantum touch, etc) now work in hospitals and on call as the absolute first line of treatment...with 95% accurate psychic diagnosis and assessment, treatment that starts immediately after, in some cases they have to have level 2s and 1s come in and work on people while the master supervises them...You rarely need to stay over night, get an x-ray, or anything else of the like. Heck Max: the Crystal Skull host a very popular 5 hour a day healing web show...Joanne, his keeper, sells attuned max skulls like hot cakes online. But I digress. With the tech they managed to salvage, humanity will soon start mining the asteroid belt and also colonizing both Mars and the moon. Now, begins the rebuilding. Because of the population in most of what were the mega cities being low. But life goes on. British Empire has is once again inserted itself as the global super power once again. Because the aliens wanted a show of power. And wanted to simply demonstrate what the humans faced. In this version they took out Manchester where the BBC is, instead of London. Which I do see as being their logic. So, Manchester gets fried. And the Aliens on that ship got stoned. Sorry...A bit of a joke there. Anyway, National Geographic's next issue was about the roaches that survived in New York City! And the people who survived. Also mentioned in passing the runes it uncovered in NYC. (New Amsterdam, perhaps?) When I did it in the states, they did investigate it. And found lost of stuff they didn't expect to find there. And in stead of using it as a base, they blew it up! Much to the mage's dismay. What can I say?...They weren't the brightest bulbs. But I still can't believe they did that.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: A world based partly on TV shows and movies.

But give me feed back
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Clearly, I don't watch enough TV or movies; I haven't seen most of the things you mention, so I don't really understand your idea medley. I suggest throttling back on the references and just describing the setting. Also, I suggest breaking it up into paragraphs.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
pblackcrow
Champion

Yeah...And I should stop rambling from one topic to the other. But I tried to get as much as I could in it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Could you go back and reedit it into small paragraphs?

It looks interesting but just a little much to read at the moment.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”