What are the chances for a BtS,s book in 2015?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What are the chances for a BtS,s book in 2015?

Unread post by gaby »

What are the chances for a Beyond the Supernatural, book in 2015?

I do not care if its Beyond Arcanum or Tome Grotesque,Heck I take a Book with only Adventures ideas,half being reprits from Rifter.

You maded 6 Dead regin,s books,Why is BtS too hard for you?
Last edited by gaby on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Re: What are the chances for a BtS,s book in 2015?

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

An interesting tidbit that seems to have been quietly slipped in is that it now appears that Tome Grotesque is being planned as Tomes Grotesque, made up of multiple volumes.

Kevin Siembieda from recent Weekly Update wrote:Other Titles for 2015 and Beyond

We are not sure which of the following will see release in 2015, or in what order, but these are projects we are working on, or manuscripts already turned in that we are considering or awaiting final rewrite and editing. And there are still some secret projects and licenses yet to be revealed.

Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Advanced Rule Book
Splicers® Sourcebooks – several
Beyond the Supernatural™ – Tomes Grotesque™ Volume One
Beyond the Supernatural™ – Beyond Arcanum™
Palladium Fantasy® Land of the Damned 3: The Citadel (probably 2016)
Palladium Fantasy® Land of the South Winds
Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebooks
Dead Reign® sourcebooks
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™
Rifts® The Disavowed™
Rifts® Antarctica
Rifts® Sovietski
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Delta Blues™
Rifts® Dark Woods™
Rifts® Voodoo
Plus Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave One and Wave Two releases worldwide, new T-shirts, prints and other products. Read on for more details on some products.

EDIT: As for the chances of any of the BtS books seeing the light of day this year? Very slim, IMO. :( I hope that I'm wrong, though.
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

gaby wrote:What are the chances for a Beyond the Supernatural, book in 2015?

I do not care if its Beyond Arcanum or Tome Grotesque,Heck I take a Book with only Adventures ideas,half being reprits from Rifter.

You maded 6 Dead regin,s books,Why is BtS too hard for you?

This is my answer.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I'm stuck in a 'No Palladium products until both BtS books are published' boycott.

I got conned into picking up the new version like 4 or 5 years ago when Kev said that'd be the year...for sure....

I didn't want to pick up an incomplete game. I was a huge fan of the original BtS.

It's 10 years late now, if I'm correct. Very sad...sucks with all the paranormal TV shows and movies, I think it could be popular.

I think zombie-mania has taken over. I wouldn't shed a tear if they just threw in the towel on the entire BtS line.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

BtS needs a rewrite and relaunch. BtS is a great idea, but horror needs a lighter and faster system to draw an audience. Also, too long has passed since the BtS 2e hit the shelves, that fanbase has moved on. I don't think supplements can restart that engine, but the BtS concepts are great and deserve a proper relaunch in the future.
Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying... what chance?? Are you serious??

PB can't even put out books for popular lines on time, and you're asking about one of their least popular games? Mind you, BtS is a great take on the setting... BUT if they can't finish their "event" books for their signature game on time do you think this is even on the radar? Splicers will see a book before BtS sadly.
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

beast loved the answer.

as for the original topic, those books have the same chance as the chaos earth book pb's had on pre-order for the same 10+ years. sadly history has shown us things will more than likely not be on time, and if we're lucky the rifter will make it out 3-4 times and if anything gets released it's 3-5 books majority for rifts or what ever is selling best at the time.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Sadly I will have to agree with the Beast post. Changes are good that we will not see the BTS books in 2015.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Sureshot wrote:Sadly I will have to agree with the Beast post. Changes are good that we will not see the BTS books in 2015.

I was thinking the same.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

I feel the same. I find it unlikely that we will have another BtS book this year. However, this is the first I have heard of there being Tomes Grotesque Volume One. Before, it was always just Tomes Grotesque. So, I think there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

The same as 2014.
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

palladiumjunkie wrote:An interesting tidbit that seems to have been quietly slipped in is that it now appears that Tome Grotesque is being planned as Tomes Grotesque, made up of multiple volumes.

:frust: :frust: :frust:

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

We can make it happed if we show Palladium books,that people Want a New BtS,s book!
Daniel Stoker
Knight

How?

Daniel Stoker
Sureshot
Champion

At this point they know people want both missing BTS 2 books. It drives me nuts when fans act as if company is in the dark. Time after time the fans have asked for them. PB knows. They choose to work on and release other books instead. I'm with Daniel and that the monster book being broken up into multiple volumes is frustrating

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Between all the books they have lined up for this year, and RRT taking up a lot of their time, I wouldn't bet on it.

It'd be nice; I'm not a BtS player so I have no horse in this race, but it'd be nice to see those folks get an expansion to the product line that was spoken of so long ago.
Sureshot
Champion

I think it's not so much that the BTS 2 book are late. So much as them still promoting them. When they have a full plate of projects already. Either make them priority. Or don't mention them at all. Unless they double the staff. With adding on two people to edit books it's simply not going to happen.

Enlightened Grognard

Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Kevin Siembieda from recent Weekly Update wrote:
Beyond the Supernatural™ – Tomes Grotesque™ Volume One
Beyond the Supernatural™ – Beyond Arcanum™

:lol:

They have to actually publish some material for BtS before I'd believe that they have enough material to make up volumes. Not to mention I can't imagine waiting a decade between volume one and volume two.

As this and other threads show, Palladium's credibility when it comes to announcements in general and BtS specifically is shot. It's frankly laughable (in a sad and unfortunate way) that they would think they could quietly label vaporware as 'Volume One'. Don't give me 'volumes', just take whatever you have and put it into one book and get it to bookstores.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Kevin is actually working on a new PF book right now (acording to the mummers), so I' give it a good chance of a BTS2 source book coming out this year.....call it 48% one will come out.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Kevin is actually working on a new PF book right now (acording to the mummers)...

He's editing a written-by-someone-else manuscript, which you expect be a different speed of writing than "from scratch" as the BtS books presumably are going to be.

Which isn't to say that a BtS manuscript (also written-by-someone-else) other than the books required to actually fill in the game gaps couldn't be released, but I can't see that being a particularly good seller.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

......I did say "working on".

But my point was that this seams to be 'the year rifts went on vacation' in the new book lists. Which from my POV is a good thing.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sureshot
Champion

Rifts sells well. So while they may reduce the amount of Rifts titles they release. It would surprise me if their was not alt least 2-3 Rifts books on a yearly release schedule.

Enlightened Grognard

Daniel Stoker
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Kevin is actually working on a new PF book right now (acording to the mummers), so I' give it a good chance of a BTS2 source book coming out this year.....call it 48% one will come out.

I HOPE you're right, but I admit I'm not very positive that you are. Best way to make it come out would be for me to bet money or something that it won't, that way the universe will smack me around and make me pay and that way it comes out. :p

Daniel Stoker
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Kevin is actually working on a new PF book right now (acording to the mummers), so I' give it a good chance of a BTS2 source book coming out this year.....call it 48% one will come out.

I HOPE you're right, but I admit I'm not very positive that you are. Best way to make it come out would be for me to bet money or something that it won't, that way the universe will smack me around and make me pay and that way it comes out. :p

Daniel Stoker

I would take that bet but I prefer having my money. :P
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”