product idea

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rosco60559
Explorer

product idea

Unread post by rosco60559 »

has pb ever thought of cutting up the rifters and making compendiums for the respective game lines? I never bothered with the rifters do to not using most the info from the book, but what if they did a collection of the articles like say for chaos earth or one for splicers? kinda like the old compendium from gw or their chapter approved that had major articles back during 3-4th editions.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: product idea

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

rosco60559 wrote:has pb ever thought of cutting up the rifters and making compendiums for the respective game lines? I never bothered with the rifters do to not using most the info from the book, but what if they did a collection of the articles like say for chaos earth or one for splicers? kinda like the old compendium from gw or their chapter approved that had major articles back during 3-4th editions.

That's not a bad idea!

I'm in the same boat. I've bought a LOT of Palladium books, but very, very few Rifters.
But I might spring for a kind of "Best Of" collection for Rifts.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I also like this idea. It could be a good opportunity to update and bring some Rifter material into canon as well.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Bill wrote:I also like this idea. It could be a good opportunity to update and bring some Rifter material into canon as well.

On one hand, that would delay this product getting out... but on the other hand, it'd add value and increase the number of customers.
I'm good either way.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
rosco60559
Explorer

I bought a few rifters when it started and quit soon after cause it was a crap shoot of what might be in there. the few I did buy didn't cover much of what I was playing at the time so I quit buying them. now if I could get the articles for each system I messed with the wallet would consider opening. heck maybe even toss one out a year say chaos earth then the next year palladium fantasy and by the time you circle back to the first system there should be enough rifter material for a new one.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

This is a very solid idea!! Rosco, you should fire off an email (or even a letter via snailmail), about this idea, so the powers at be will take notice, rather than languish here on the forums.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
rosco60559
Explorer

Nope, I'll let someone else do that. I'm sure I'm not on their favorite person list.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

I agree this is a good idea. I've thought about it myself in the past. I would definitely buy some of these. Canonising stuff might cause Palladium an issue, but I'd like to see these either way.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

So here's a question: Which articles (besides the "official" ones) do people feel would be appropriate for each game lines? And do you feel they should be edited or "cleaned up" at all first, or just copy/paste/done?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
rosco60559
Explorer

probably occ's, new equipment and adventure ideas. leave all the fiction/fluff for their own short stories books.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Glistam wrote:And do you feel they should be edited or "cleaned up" at all first, or just copy/paste/done?

I would frankly be shocked if it got more than a copy/paste treatment. I want it to get a full editorial revision, but that would be inconsistent with the company's practices.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Oh, I have advocated an 'Official' compendium for Rifts, and the other lines. I also wouldn't mind a compendium of the smaller titles put together if the official material is limited.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”