XMAS Grab Bag Fan Comments

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

XMAS Grab Bag Fan Comments

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I was wondering how you actually contact Kevin for a fan comment, anyone know?

Has anyone on these boards had their comment appear in a Weekly Update?

I have to think most of the comments are from hardcore Palladium fans who inhabit these boards.

And if you do send a comment is it a requirement that all the abbreviations and copyright notations are correct or are 'corrected' by Kevin?

Who would've thought Kamloops, BC was such a hotbed of Palladium activity.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Prysus
Champion

Re: XMAS Grab Bag Fan Comments

Unread post by Prysus »

MurderCityDisciple wrote:I was wondering how you actually contact Kevin for a fan comment, anyone know?

Greetings and Salutations. All those fan comments come from the X-Mas Surprise Packages (which are ending this weekend). The ones selected are done so by the PB staff (probably those that especially caught their eye). I suppose you can always request that your comment be selected as one of your gifts, but there's no guarantee they'll do so. However, Kevin did say these would be the last ones. So unless he changes his mind, you'll have to wait almost a whole year until they do it again in the Christmas time.

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Has anyone on these boards had their comment appear in a Weekly Update?

Once, I think a few years back now. I was also mentioned (not by name, nor by quote, but by something I did) at least one other time.

MurderCityDisciple wrote:I have to think most of the comments are from hardcore Palladium fans who inhabit these boards.

Possibly. Others might never visit these boards at all. Obviously they're more likely to show the good comments, while someone who criticizes them in the Grab Bag comments isn't as likely to be publicized. That's just good business.

MurderCityDisciple wrote:And if you do send a comment is it a requirement that all the abbreviations and copyright notations are correct or are 'corrected' by Kevin?

No requirements (other than buying the Grab Bag, of course). I'm pretty sure (though I'm not part of the staff and can't guarantee this) that they add in the copyright notations, and abbreviate things as necessary/warranted. Also, they'll occasionally add things in [brackets] to make a comment/context clearer.

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Who would've thought Kamloops, BC was such a hotbed of Palladium activity.

Since I don't even know where that is ... not me. But awesome all the same. Anyways, hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I got mentioned once, my comment was appended. But yes, it's only through X-Mas Grab Bags, they don't have a comment feature for normal purchases options.

Sometimes Kevin will make comments from PM's and possible in person visits.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I got mentioned a few years back myself.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

MurderCityDisciple wrote:I was wondering how you actually contact Kevin for a fan comment, anyone know?

Has anyone on these boards had their comment appear in a Weekly Update?

I have to think most of the comments are from hardcore Palladium fans who inhabit these boards.

And if you do send a comment is it a requirement that all the abbreviations and copyright notations are correct or are 'corrected' by Kevin?

Who would've thought Kamloops, BC was such a hotbed of Palladium activity.

Yes, two or three times (2012? I can't remember for sure, 2013 and 2014).

Yes, I consider myself a hardcore Palladium fan since 1990.

They included my comments as they were, no corrections.

I have ordered 6 Christmas Grab bags, each time for the last three years (and at least one since the beginning of times!). Did it help? Well, I prefer to think that 3 of my 18 comments were funny :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

ffranceschi wrote:They included my comments as they were, no corrections.

When you write a novel, they append :)
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Has anyone on these boards had their comment appear in a Weekly Update?

This year and last year.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”